Concerning system bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Hey Players,

I'm here to try and put a halt to the flood of ban appeals and complaints from people as of late, in regards to fishing in PWO.

A few days ago, I updated the fishing system. The new system will make you have to move to a different spot every once in a while.
Now if you continue to fish on 1 spot for a long enough time,
It will tell you in its own way that it's about time you started looking somewhere else.

The battles after that are only half as common as before meaning 50% of the time you try to fish you will get a message telling you to move instead of getting a battle!
Now if you keep fishing on this spot, the battles will come to a halt, and you will not get any battles as long as you stay on this spot.

While for every time you try to fish you get a message telling you to move.
So if you keep trying to fish there your chat will be flooded with warning messages!

If you move to a different spot, the problem is solved and you can continue to fish like you where before.
To normal players this is a small problem, solved by one press of a key.

PWO has always had a mechanic limiting frequency of rod usage, in order to combat macros and bots that attempt to make players fish faster than is physically possible, in order to keep the game fair and to prevent instability if multiple players try to fish so fast that it gives the server difficulties. The new system improves on the existing frequency checks by also requiring that players are actively involved.

Now to explain why players sometimes get banned while fishing: our Anti-Cheat system actually makes use of this new system; and keeps a eye out for people that keep trying to fish while being flooded with an absurd amount of warnings. And of course as you expect as it is our Anti-Cheat, should this happen it will assume you are botting and will handle you as a bot and thus ban you right on the spot!

For those who don't understand why they don't get unbanned when they get banned while fishing (or give stories like: "I was multitasking", "watching TV while spamming the Old Rod", etc):
It is because the system does give you more then enough chance to proof that you are human, trust me way more then it should!

As I said earlier, the system will message you on EACH occasion when it thinks you're being suspicious; and will give you multiple attempts to correct your behaviour. If you, for any reason, do not notice the huge amount of warnings you're getting, I do doubt you are even able to notice when you enter a battle and are able to finish it.
As when you do notice you entered a battle, you of course will notice the chat and the huge amount of warnings you have gotten.

So here it is my final answer to the people who are banned and won't be getting unbanned at all; and to the people who believe the ridiculous stories the people who are banned are telling.

So, to all the other players who are playing fair, have a great game.
And yes I am working on fixing the crashes ;). Cya around.

Pastor-Of-Muppets

Thanks Thug, its good to see more measures in place to find botters. I was gonna test how far I could get and maybe try getting banned but I dunno :p. Now if the spot I try fishing in gets locked out by over-fishing, is it locked out for a certain time period or if I move back to it after moving away can I fish there again?

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
If you move back, you can fish there again.
Though make sure you have used your rod on a different spot first!

As it will then set your new fishing position.

Fionavara

Very nice! Any chance of making it landbased aswell?
Seems people keep reporting botters everyday in the channels (real and imagend), so if this system could be made landbased aswell it would make a huge impact.
Would prolly catch a huge amount dubble clienting using aswell.
Good JOB! :D

khuzaimaamir

What about adding some new rods? I mean having old rod is great and all but new rods could mean new possibilities and new/higher chances of catching something rare.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
khuzaimaamir said:
What about adding some new rods? I mean having old rod is great and all but new rods could mean new possibilities and new/higher chances of catching something rare.

That's off-topic. Do a forum search and you'll find your suggestion pops up fairly regularly on here so if you wish to discuss it further find a recent-ish thread about it and continue it there.

xXTheRealRedxiiiXx

I dont fish oftern any way but what about people who have the chat close? will it appear on the screen? sometimes i replace the chat window with a PM window and talk to people there.

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Hey,

It is displayed as a system message,
If you choose to ignore the fact that you havent found any battles in quite a while, and do not come to the conclusion that you might wanna read the system messages.
I then still really doubt you are not quite a player. As again a normal player will notice that it is weird that you do not encounter any pokemon(even without checking system messages will probably relog).

Hope this gives you some information.

markillalala

ThuGie, it would be nice to make your anti-cheat system for a few weeks before, and then a lot of experienced players just would not get banned... 4 years playing fairly and no reason not to get this ban. in the end, after 2.5 weeks have made protection. cool.

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
The Anti-Cheat is tested quite well,
And is made to not just randomly ban normal players.

I myself find it weird that players just flood the Old Rod, without even looking at the screen.
People sometimes complain about lag and stuff, what do you think is the cause of stuff like this to happen btw ? not that we are gone ban you for spamming.

But every player gets a fair share of warnings on screen, to be able to fail to notice them. well i doubt you are actually playing the game then.

DethMetlZomb

Is route 45 froze? I've tried to log in multiple times while the server says it's running & 34% full but cannot seem to log on. Is stuck on "Loading route 45"

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
DethMetlZomb said:
Is route 45 froze? I've tried to log in multiple times while the server says it's running & 34% full but cannot seem to log on. Is stuck on "Loading route 45"

This is the wrong section!
Please try again in the right one.

hejazia

I think it's pretty straightforward. The system message aspect is really helpful, keep up the good work.

Santymoon

I was not using ilegal programs and i dont know why im banned :/ can u explain me why? Sorry i have a bad inglish in fron argentina. Plis i need help! I'm getting bored im want play PWO!

nowere

Santymoon said:
ThuGie said:
This is not the right section..
where is it? I dont know how to use this forum ><.
Right here: http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=77

Create a topic and say about your situation.

Tendou

Thanks Thugie, now fishing is more enjoyable even if i don't use it too much. I hope more fishing requirements can be avaliable in a unknown future due this update.

Simply, if ure fishing the server will check if ure a person or a machine (if person ull obviously follow what the server says), so it seems staff had some issues about the anti-botting system, right (not sure also but seems that)? Well peharps it can be about there was no support regarding fishing also.... anyways im glad fishing is now included.

Status
Not open for further replies.