Should they cancel switching in PVP

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

king1234

Youngster
So earlier today,Tecknician brought up the idea of canceling/preventing switching PVP(Player Vs Player)Battles.So I made this poll. You can only switch when your pokemon hp reaches 0 which seems fair. So what do you think, personally I see no problems with this due our current battle system.

Tecks edit:
What would happen is you could only switch if your current pokemon has no hp left/is considered fainted.

Chrollo_Lucifer

king1234 said:
So earlier today,Tecknician brought up the idea of canceling/preventing switching PVP(Player Vs Player)Battles.So I made this poll. You can only switch when your pokemon hp reaches 0 which seems fair. So what do you think, personally I see no problems with this due our current battle system.
I agree.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
A lot of people bring up that it would increase strategy, but in reality switching is just really annoying. Some people will literally switch after every poke they defeat so counters can't be brought in. It would be ridiculous and extend the length of battle to an unnecessary level, I'm strongly against it.

LanceDM

Its the best choice, by now. Things may change in the future. I agree.

EDIT for TECK: There could be an option before the battle starts ''Press YES / NO if you agree switching in battle.'' Idk, something like that... to enable/disable it if both players agree (most of them will agree..) but still, kinda hard with these bugs around.

king1234

Youngster
LanceDM said:
Its the best choice, by now. Things may change in the future. I agree.

EDIT for TECK: There could be an option before the battle starts ''Press YES / NO if you agree switching in battle.'' Idk, something like that... to enable/disable it if both players agree (most of them will agree..) but still, kinda hard with these bugs around.

Hmm that might be interesting, teck just wanted to know how the community will react to canceling switching.

Peace-Enforcer

EcoWOLFrb said:
A lot of people bring up that it would increase strategy, but in reality switching is just really annoying. Some people will literally switch after every poke they defeat so counters can't be brought in. It would be ridiculous and extend the length of battle to an unnecessary level, I'm strongly against it.
Don't agree at all. my guess is you never battled in hand helds. Its true that battles would last 3-4 times longer but quality of battles would improve ten times if switching was implemented with some balancing updates.

LanceDM

Peace-Enforcer said:
EcoWOLFrb said:
Don't agree at all. my guess is you never battled in hand helds. Its true that battles would last 3-4 times longer but quality of battles would improve ten times if switching was implemented with some balancing updates.

I agree with PE ... Because its true, you'll need a lot more strategy to win a match. But right now we are unable to battle like in the handhelds, thats why we are having this pool.

Kojin~

LanceDM said:

Imo, if it's possible, it's the best option!

But if it isn't, I agree with canceling switching. It could be just like using potions, you can't do that while PvP-ing.

Tecknician

LanceDM said:
Not possible because it involves too much client side configuration for me.

Iuri

Hello:

I was preparing something in this regard. I am completely in disagreement remove the switch from PVP battles . I think it is remove one of the aspects most tactical of the battles although frowned upon. For me it has no logical leave a Graveler to be massacred by a Blastoise. The owner of Graveler should change immediately poke.
However as argued by proponents of "not switch" we can have a frozen battle with switching lead to infinity. But I think none of the players want it. One of the players can eventually attack and here comes the real problem. Suppose Player A has a 30 speed pokemon against a player B r with 60 speed pokemon. Player A decides to attack and the player B decides to switch. The attack only happens Player B switch to a pokemon speed of less than 30. Here is where the things should be changed

1 In a move a player can choose to attack or switch.
2 Who has the faster poke acts first.
3 If who has the faster pokemon decided to switch, then the poke that replaces it will always be hit by the attack regardless of its speed

I think this is easy to change

Emany

Website
twitter.com
I don't see the big deal about switching. I don't do it, though, unless my opponent does first, since it's currently considered "rude". However, I like being able to switch. Switching, if it wouldn't glitch the battle and if people wouldn't whine so much, would make battles much harder, and therefore more enjoyable, imo. Maybe implement something to where you can only switch so many times or something, so people aren't constantly doing it, but as something in general, I don't consider it rude at all. I'm actually kind of pleased when I battle someone and they switch. I think taking switching out is babying the community and taking some of the little difficulty there is out of the game.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Yes in an ideal world, or game, you would switch your golem out when facing a blastoise in most cases. But you'll agree this isn't an ideal world or game we are playing in here. It's tough luck if this update happens and your shiny golem gets wiped by a water poke because you couldn't switch out. But the field is even and you could just as easily catch their golem in the same situation. As it stands now there are a lot of people who try to do the right thing and not switch while others don't care that it gives an unfair advantage here and will do it anyway- doubly unfair when you have already in the same battle let one of your pokemon be crushed when you could have switched it out yourself. It creates a lot of ill feeling and anger and if this update is possible I'm all for it.

I say it's time to level the playing field and leave those gripes behind us and when the battle system finally supports switching bring it on back.

king1234

Youngster
I understand the urge/feeling to switch, for example, the other day, it was dragonite vs ,my sceptile, my opponent, boosts its speed and attack, i had wanted to switch before he whipped my team,but i just sucked it up and accepted the lost. :/

Emany

Website
twitter.com
I understand that right now it has the potential to really mess up a battle, since I've seen many people complain that it freezes their game. But if it ever were to work correctly without that risk, I'd love it.

Raimu_fox25

I agree with this and voted yes for 1 reason and 1 reason only.

RIght now if you switch a pokemon in batte one of three things happen the pokemon will either A still be attacked B the attack will be canceled or C (preferrable outcome) switches normally and the new pokemon takes an attack.

Until A and B are fixed Switching in battle even in Pve battle is Highly Advised against. Ive had people that Ive had 20 Attacks negated because theyve switched out pokemon and it made the difference between an easy win and a Unneeded loss

Nikola

Youngster
-I would fully support switching if some bugs are fixed. I have a feeling that some bugs in a PvP are client side. Game is adapting too much to the client processing. Changing code in a server just because client fails somewhere isn't good thing to do. Client itself is a very simple thing not hard to understand. Pretty sure if we ever see updated client such as that one made by Hardcoreh there shouldn't be so many bugs like now. That way or another it will be probably updated once in a while. While testing game and such, I noticed that client often fails during battle events. Client is often that one who is requesting and waiting for right response from the game. That would be one of the things why I think that there are just more updates to be made. Can't give the priority since every update is important and not the same as previous one. This thing about switching is really something that should come naturally with proper updates and developed battle engine. Can't enforce the rule like that tho. It will come and it might take a bit time but it will come naturally. It's up to player then. Either to adapt or not to. Not quite hard to decide. But then again you can't update people way of thinking...To be honest I am more worried about self fainting and OHKo moves since they tend to glitch battle. Try to use explosion when your opponent has 2 last Pokemon for battle. Pretty sure you are not going to like it since it will tell you that your Pokemon can't attack and other Pokemon will not be even in battle even if you see it. OHKo move can also glitch the battle since your Pokemon isn't properly fainted. From those kind of moves only user will gain profit while everyone else will complain.

taifhamid1

no switching in battles is just a stupid rule that people with all shiny/Uber pokemon make to prevent people from using type advantage and good strategy i personally don't switch a lot as a matter of fact i don't battle in PvP a lot, but cancelling that i just cancelling the whole point of pokemon battles. People don't respect other's rules anyways, for example the other day i wanted to test my lvl 78 and 89 pokemon so i wrote NO MORE THAN 4 LVL 99 and i got 5 matches will all 99 all shinnies, so doing that would be very stupid and i'm extremely against it.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
From what I have gathered, switching has been ostracized and customarily outlawed from pvp tournaments due to systematic flaws, which cause switching not to work properly in the sense that:

- A Pokemon being switched in will not sustain damage if it is faster than the opponent's Pokemon.
- Often enough, it causes a freeze-up glitch in the battle, forcing one of the participants to log out, which can often be contentious before one yields to logging out.

Is this assessment correct, or are there other contributing reasons to a pvper's distaste to switching?

Fionavara

take it out,
Come on, if it isn't working correctly then removing it until we can have it and use it as it's supposed to without glitching shouldn't be such an upset.
Some here talk about strategy and some talk about taking the fun of things well buhuuu you mean u will stop battling cus you can't switch are you so lame u rather use a feature that causes problems then accept it's removal until it's fixed? Sounds more like you can't handle battling without switching and glitching so u get your opponent to logg out and u won't loose.
It's banned from most pvp tournaments and most I ever heard that battle dont want switching one on one either..well what is the harm then to remove it until it's fixed?
the same reasoning goes with a lot of things in the game, we took out Explosion moves cus they didn't work and reinstated them now they do work... I really don't see what the major upset would be to do the same with switching until it is fixed too. The only ones that complained then was the bugg abusers that used explosion and seldestruct moves to lvl up their pokes faster. Fells like the same here, the ones that want to use a glitching switching feature is the ones that like to use it to save their stats from a few looses and have nothing to do with strategy atall since it obviously is glitching the battle and therefor rather destroy your precious strategy rather then help you...
But that's me, I rather finish the battle and loose then have to relogg everytime due to switch freeze...

joysclash

I agree with canceling the damn switching...besides i have faced a lot of problem and glitches while me or my opponent switched pokes...so im against switching....