Broken Moves

Out of these options that have been nominated, which do you feel should have priority?

• Hazards/phasing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Major/Minor Status Ailments

• Healing Moves

• Weather

• Switching Moves (u-turn, volt switch)

• Outrage/Thrash

• Total voters

Rainsinch

So then, being that it would only effect a few pokemon at best, I'd say that it's not on the level of importance as the moves I listed in my previous comment. Not saying it's not important in it's own right, or that it will never be changed, just that it's not quite as big of a priority in my opinion.

Right now everyone seems to be in agreement that phasing and hazards would be a step in the right direction, I'm inclined to agree. If you have any other types of moves besides the ones listed you'd like to suggest, or just haven't commented yet, consider yourself encouraged to do so.

I.Am

1. Waterfall - 100% accuracy
2. Switching moves - Volt Switch, U-Turn and Baton Pass.
3. Tickle - Pokes like Machamp will be a damn great battler if this implemented.
4. Outrage - 100% accuracy.
5. Entry hazards - Sticky web, stealth rock, spikes.

TheConqueror

Oh Yeah, Please Fix some moves of smeargle, that poke is damn dead in PWO but in other games smeargle is a good battler cause they have its moveset fixed.

Rainsinch

Waterfall isn't so much broken in the battle system, it's just that HMs need to be implemented as a whole in one form or another. The problem lies in how to do so, believe me it is going to be discussed. Good other points, however.

For smeargle to be viable, wouldn't we also need focus sash? It's rather slow with weak defenses, it needs to be able to take a hit and use spore correct?

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
My list:

Stealth rock: This will help stop boosting from pokemon like Dragonite and Cloyster, and will make a valid defense against switching. finally some strategy.
Toxic Spikes: Same reason above
Rappid Spin: Defense against entry hazards.
Taunt: Ability to stop boosting, once again.
Wish: Will be invaluable for switching.

Nikola

Youngster
Fix statues before doing anything else. You can't overwrite the status..once burnt..you cant be frozen or paralyzed. Moves like Rest would be the exception. This might make petal, outrage and trash easier to work on as you can decide when to lock or pause the move. Also, look into priority moves. Extremespeed and Ice Shard appears to be in the same group. No shard can go first, ES has higher priority.

Rainsinch

You're right, extremespeed should have higher priority than ice shard. Do you feel that generally, fixing the status effects would have a bigger impact on the battle system in a positive way than fixing the previously mentioned moves? Moves like outrage and petal dance should cause a minor status ailment, confusion. As I understand it, that confusion should be inflicted even if the pokemon is burned or paralyzed, which I believe happens quite often as it is.

Now that this has been brought to attention, would anyone like to re-evaluate their choices? Especially considering petal dance seems to be working now.

Nikola

Youngster
Rainsinch said:
You're right, extremespeed should have higher priority than ice shard. Do you feel that generally, fixing the status effects would have a bigger impact on the battle system in a positive way than fixing the previously mentioned moves? Moves like outrage and petal dance should cause a minor status ailment, confusion. As I understand it, that confusion should be inflicted even if the pokemon is burned or paralyzed, which I believe happens quite often as it is.

Now that this has been brought to attention, would anyone like to re-evaluate their choices? Especially considering petal dance seems to be working now.

In the moment when say Outrage is executed, Pokemon can be paralyzed. Once it hits enough times to get confused its Para status will go away. Another case would be when you get confused and on the same turn someone uses status move against you. It will be simply overwritten. Testing those moves under these conditions is rather real enviroment. You don't have to return on same move again once you fix status and see that those might be failing.

Best way to see how huge impact it has is simply using hypnosis on the target then next turn you use say Sludge Bomb. Sleeping will be nullified and Pokemon will become poisoned and it can cost you a pokemon or even battle. Or if you struggle to burn the Pokemon to lower its attack and all of sudden you Paralyze it or Poison it..it really makes that turn when you burned it useless. This would be also useful for Leech Seed tactics. Now leech seed will be removed once you give Pokemon another status. This shouldn't be happening.

Rainsinch

Added a poll, please vote for your top pick. Some good thoughts were brought up here, if you have any more feel free to add them. This is not a guarantee that these are all possible at the moment, but we'd like to see what you feel is most important.

Pretentious

If only we had someone to completely re-write the battle system which could be released with the new client. . .

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
There's no point pre-empting the new client. It will come out with the same capabilities, more or less, as the current client. To expect more of it would mean a longer wait. It will be fully upgradeable so any issues we currently have with the client will be able to to worked on and overcome after its release.

Dragon16

Youngster
Ueo0AEO.png

Found a Problem with Tri Attack, a Paralyzed Dragonite hit with Tri Attack and it says already burnt o_O

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Dragon16 said:
Ueo0AEO.png

Found a Problem with Tri Attack, a Paralyzed Dragonite hit with Tri Attack and it says already burnt o_O

Just by accident this move is doing what it is actually supposed to do- not inflict a new major status effect when there is already one in effect!

Dragon16

Youngster
It would be nice to see Giga Drain fixed, it it a vital move for alot of Grass Type Pokemon

Nikola

Youngster
Wondering why Whirpool is not on the priority list? It's being overused lately. Fixing whirpool you fix several others such as fire spin.

Dragon16

Youngster
anothing that should be fixed is Extremespeed, it is supposed to be +2 Priority. i have seen ice shard out speed it which should not happen