Blue's Log Of Updates

Mangos

Why not make packet spamming detection.. autoban the ip thats spamming it. Not that hard, and you can avoid the whole Channel Characters trouble

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
Mangos said:
Why not make packet spamming detection.. autoban the ip thats spamming it. Not that hard, and you can avoid the whole Channel Characters trouble
Been suggesting this and other ideas like it past 1 and a half since i became GM. guess its not as easy as you think since it hasnt been done.

ThuGie

Website
thugie.nl
Bis_Eastwood said:
Mangos said:
Been suggesting this and other ideas like it past 1 and a half since i became GM. guess its not as easy as you think since it hasnt been done.

Thats correct,
As for people with slow connections or even people who force it tru a slow connection.
Would have the packets merged before it arrives at the server.
So there is no way to check when each seperate packet was send.

Although there are other ways that are being added.
Just have to figure out a weird problem :).

kurtisbmx

Mangos said:

i like this idea i think IP ban is a bit extreme y not have it like the auto mute system, would stop people from spaming alot.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Upcoming Playerdex update
I have decided that due to changes taking place, players will be required to verify their email before being able to use the Playerdex. This will apply for anyone who registered before April 2012 or has a different email linked to their account from April 2012. The current system we're considering in place will also prevent access to your account until you verify. Therefore it is advised that you ensure you have an valid email before the update is applied (unlikely to be anytime before 9th September).

We're also considering that before giving full access away, we'll allow a select few (1,000?) players test it out and comment, before we make it live to everyone.

We'll have more near the time though.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Due to a database update planned for tonight, the Playerdex and game will be offline (times in planned downtime topic). During this time we will be updating any duplicate pokemon.

Anyone who had an duplicate pokemon found on their account may have had it deleted if:
  • Account was banned
  • Staff account
  • If all duplicates were recorded on one account
  • Last active before June 2012
The remaining duplicate pokemon will be issued a new ID. If you regularly get IDs for your pokemon, it is advised to check if a new ID has been given.

G

ojperigo, this game is still in beta so you have to keep in mind that down times will occasionally happen.

Having said that it would be great if we could have an estimate on the down time. Thank you in advance.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Li7hium said:
ojperigo, this game is still in beta so you have to keep in mind that down times will occasionally happen.

Having said that it would be great if we could have an estimate on the down time. Thank you in advance.
If there's no estimate about, that means it has crashed and is waiting for a member of staff to pop online who has server access.

G

GM How Long You Take Time For Updating This Game?????????????????????????????? :mad:

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
G.H.O.S.T. said:
GM How Long You Take Time For Updating This Game?????????????????????????????? :mad:
a) I'm not a GM
b) Read the planned downtime and/or Twitter next time. :)

SQINI

Hey whats wrong with the game it's now been offline for more than 6 hours!
Can you please tell me when it will bee back on?

Thanks;

SQINI ;D

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
SQINI said:
Hey whats wrong with the game it's now been offline for more than 6 hours!
Can you please tell me when it will bee back on?

Thanks;

SQINI ;D
If i'm about, I would rather put it back online than say when it will go back online. :p

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Playerdex update, update:

Currently we're in the progress of getting any of the current content from what was going to be the next Playerdex update ported over to the 'now-next' Playerdex update. The majority of the back-end is almost done. Though we're looking for some help from players.

Translations
With the update, we've started to add in support for other languages. We're currently looking for players who are willing to translate the Playerdex for us. We're looking for players who avoid using any translators themselves whether it's for English or another language. Please state in the PM, which languages you can cover. I'll be replying back if we allow you to help with translations.

Skins
At the moment we have the 'main' skin. We're looking for at least 2 more skins to be created. If you're interested, then PM me with a topic or link showcasing your artwork. Ideally you should know html, CSS and be able to create artwork for your skin. We will contact those players who we feel confident enough with creating good skins.

If you wish to show your interest for any of the above, pm myself with the subject 'Pdex'.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
If you intend to PM me, please read the entire post first - unlike the below:

dcjrQ.png

bigdidy

Youngster
Bluerise said:
If you intend to PM me, please read the entire post first - unlike the below:

dcjrQ.png
i pmed you before you answered me on post...