Black Lines Bug

SlickCJL

Hello, I was looking to see if anyone has encountered this glitch and or has a fix for it. This is permanent for me, not just an occurrence and is everywhere I go. Windowed mode or Full screen same deal.

Photo: http://i.imgur.com/VFiqC4i.png

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
[glow=red]It looks like you have a problem with your Direct3D rendering. A few players seem to get broken graphics like that.[/glow]

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
You might find something here:

http://iblamelee.co.uk/pwo/wiki/index.p ... leshooting

Personally I've only had this problem on my older machines- with less RAM and CPU power than most these days. I remember something similar in fact happening in the Christmas Event last year. I thought it was a map issue until I relogged on a better computer and then the map was rendering with no problems at all. The thing is though it didn't happen all the time- or on every map- some just had more trouble showing properly than others. I just put it down to my old pc struggling with the game.

SlickCJL

I have an Overclocked 680 GPU with an Overclocked i5-3570k. Kind of suprised at that.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Maybe PWO doesn't like the overclocking. You might be wearing out the poor old client. :p

SlickCJL

HitmonFonty said:
Maybe PWO doesn't like the overclocking. You might be wearing out the poor old client. :p

I don't think that technically makes sense. The GPU and CPU only use what the program demands. A faster speed or higher graphics capability would not make it worse.

ksalim313

I think you might be using your graphics card with high quality along with DirectX settings. Have you considered disabling the Depth of Field (DOF) from your DirecX advanced setting or reducing the graphics quality before running the client? I'm nor exactly sure which setting is messing with your client but it worth a shot since I think it's a software issue not a hardware issue. :)

I hope your problem is fixed soon :)