Birthday Topics

Do you think a topic for every birthday is ok?

• Yes, keep it as it is.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • One topic for all birthdays would be better

• No, they shouldn't be on the forums

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Recently there has been a lot of topics created for people's birthdays in this forum section, I want to know if everyone is ok with how they are currently or if a more moderated approach to them would be better. This would mean that people wanting to wish happy birthdays to other players or staff would be in a single topic rather than spread over many.

Pansy

Resident Harlequin
Game Moderator
Personally, I've found it rather cluttered with all the birthday topics. So yes, I am all for birthday wishes to go into one single topic or take a different approach. I don't really see many of the topics acknowledged enough by the community, or whoever, so it could even be scrap the topics and just send the person a PM.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I reply to Birthday Topics if they're made out of politeness, or because sometimes they mention Birthdays I otherwise may not have noticed. But my personal preference has always been to PM people with my Birthday Wishes instead, not just because it's less cluttering of the main Forum, but also because to me, I think it feels more personal and is more equivalent to receiving a physical Birthday Card, though others may disagree. I also prefer getting PMs myself; as when you consider they've taken the time to write the message themselves and send it to you personally - that, to me, is more special than just a quick shout-out.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I'll leave this up till the 15th which would give people a full week to have their opinions, but if it keeps going as it is then it looks like they'll be PMs from now on :p

DomT.

Youngster
xD I was going to make one more topic about the happy bday today but I just sawed this topic,Darn!!!!Sending wishes by pm isnt so cool like a secret spy

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Ok, I'm going to try to and see what it is like if birthday wishes are kept to PMs for the moment, if people feel like this is not enough then 1 topic all birthday wishes can be made later. Any currently open posts will remain open.

Status
Not open for further replies.