Bike and Surf Commands

ksalim313

I searched the forums for a similar suggestion to know if there is a way to make us use Surfboard and Bicycle more easier than the current way which requires us to go through a long list of useless items in our backpack then click on it. Some of us may have many items that this process takes longer than it should and becomes a little bit annoying.

Well, the only things that I saw were a suggestion for hot-keys for the bike and surfboard, and from what I read, those need a client update to work.

So I was thinking about a simple commands to use the Surfboard and the Bike, something like /bike and /surf, that might be a good way to avoid searching for the needed item in a very long list.

I don't know about fishing, but I wasted too many Escape Ropes before for mis-clicking the Old Rod, maybe a simple command like /fish would be great too.

I don't know the possibility of making such commands but I thought of sharing this suggestion, so what do you think?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I don't worry about bike and surf commands. Perhaps removing some of the items is a better solution as it's already being discussed about as well.

What about fishing? How would it work? :eek:

ksalim313

julio2503 said:
I don't worry about bike and surf commands. Perhaps removing some of the items is a better solution as it's already being discussed about as well.

What about fishing? How would it work? :eek:
The commands are simply to be an easier way for using those items (the Old Rod have a cool down time of 10 seconds, so maybe people can chat and every 10 min use it when they are fishing, tbh I don't see much use for a command for fishing but I put it anyway).

I think this is an easier way than opening the backpack, scroll to the item and click on it...That's it :)

Edit: after re-reading this, I felt it may sound like a pure case of laziness but finding the Surfboard and Bicycle in a long items list is kinda annoying for such a simple task...Maybe... It's just a simple form for hotkeys.

Merse

Youngster
I find the bike and surf faster than I would type in the command. But a hotkey or something would be useful indeed.

king1234

Youngster
Merse said:
I find the bike and surf faster than I would type in the command. But a hotkey or something would be useful indeed.

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?pid=159445#pid159445

Theres a response to the hotkeys, as jinji stated in the topic.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I do like the idea of a command for all three of those, I would certainly use them. As has been said if you use the ingame chat much it would be natural to just type /fish or /surf as you are chatting or traveling.

I guess it could be done, and even if the new client includes hotkeys or 'buttons' for use of those key items the commands still would be used by some I'd say so the work to put them ingame wouldn't be wasted.

I.Am

Yea. I like this idea too. Command like /ride or /surf should be suitable. :)

Gobfather

YES! I really despise having to repeatedly open backpack scroll for bike; to be forced off it inbetween maps, and have to repeat again so I don't even use it hahahaha. I would love to have a simple command to quickly access it.

Idea much good
Gob approves

SapphirePhoenix

I personally find that clicking on something to make it work (like how it currently is) would be faster for me than typing the commands in the chat, but I don't have that many items in my inventory and as others said it probably would get annoying for people who have many items to have to scroll each time to access then. The hotkey suggestion is something that I would definitely use if it was ever implemented, but if a command was added I'd give it a try too.

Terry104.

Shortcuts to items in the bag

Thinking about the question of gameplay PWO I thought it might be some associated items (most used) some keys to facilitate their use example :

pressing the "b" key activates the bicycle

pressing the "o" to activate old rod

pressing the "s" key to activate surfboard

This would avoid you to use the item in the bag search click the item and then click the item by just pushing a button, to my understanding would be more practical and is a suggestion that I give to improve the playability of PWO

SapphirePhoenix

Re: Shortcuts to items in the bag

I feel like this was suggested before, and as always I liked the idea but if it was ever implemented S alone can't be used as a hot key because we use that for map movement.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

We're considering the idea of hotkeys in future clients; there will need to be some discussion however as to ensuring that the convenience to the player does not also make botting too easy as well. Interestingly, keys for quickly using the Bike and Fishing Rod were being considered for Zammbi's Java Client, a few years back - but development of this ceased before it happened.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

Terry104. said:
Thinking about the question of gameplay PWO I thought it might be some associated items (most used) some keys to facilitate their use example :

pressing the "b" key activates the bicycle

pressing the "o" to activate old rod

pressing the "s" key to activate surfboard

This would avoid you to use the item in the bag search click the item and then click the item by just pushing a button, to my understanding would be more practical and is a suggestion that I give to improve the playability of PWO

This is a variation on another suggestion we had recently so I have merged your topic with the original.

Saric

Youngster

Jinji said:
We're considering the idea of hotkeys in future clients; there will need to be some discussion however as to ensuring that the convenience to the player does not also make botting too easy as well. Interestingly, keys for quickly using the Bike and Fishing Rod were being considered for Zammbi's Java Client, a few years back - but development of this ceased before it happened.
If I remember correctly, back when we had IPBoards, someone made a program that assigned hotkeys to certain things. I think zammbi allowed it, but the program was lost when IPBoards went out of use.

Diabla

Key bindings for surf and bike

As the subject says..it would be rly cool if u could somehow implement key bindings for surf and bike. It would just make this great game even better :)