Beta Forever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AngelicFury

This whole topic has been an interesting read. I read a fair few comments as well. The only thing I am probably capable of saying is in regards to the coding. I have done a fair few years of on/off C++ coding for World of Warcraft servers. A simple stable release (with a good host and server machine) would rarely crash now days. But guess what... Every server and core currently still in development and use, is an adaption of a previous server/core. On top of that, the main core developing teams (Trinity, Mangos and ArcEmu) have a full team of main developers and many many other contributors (they are open source projects). Again on top of that, as I previously said, all servers now days run off cores that were previous adaptions. Meaning half the code was already written when these new dev teams got a hold of it.

PWO didn't have the luxury of being able to have a ginormous starting step, a massive development team or even getting paid for their labor. Then people complaining about PWO's coding. Yes, it is flawed. Yes, it crashes. No, you couldn't do a better job whilst still maintaining a life outside of PWO. >.>

Only other thing I could probably comment on is (even though I'm fairly new to PWO community), while CG's do seem to be a little trigger happy with mute. Normally that wouldn't bother me. But I have almost never seen a single "Community Guide" even respond to someone on the Help channel. It's as if power has been given with neglect of responsibility. I haven't seen them guide anyone that didn't involve a mute.

Luke

But I have almost never seen a single "Community Guide" even respond to someone on the Help channel. It's as if power has been given with neglect of responsibility. I haven't seen them guide anyone that didn't involve a mute.

Sadly that seems to be a case with a few which needs to be resolved. As for power abuse, while this should never be a problem, please report it with evidence (that goes to everyone).

At least I'm satisfied knowing I help out a bit.. even if it isn't my job to.

Edit: As for the whole legendary thing, staff do not battle normal players. Like was already said, it's more of a payment than anything, just a small compensation for the fact we can't battle or trade. Simply don't worry about it. A pokemon game NOT overrun by legendary pokemon sounds a lot better than one that is (which, I can think of a few).

A

AngelicFury

[quote name='Luke' timestamp='1318656706' post='12551']

Sadly that seems to be a case with a few which needs to be resolved. As for power abuse, while this should never be a problem, please report it with evidence (that goes to everyone).

At least I'm satisfied knowing I help out a bit.. even if it isn't my job to.

[/quote]

From what I've seen, it's not really power abuse most the time. My words were kind of misleading. I more meant, the most guiding I have seen is muting someone when they did something wrong. Most the CG's from what I've seen have made pretty fair calls regarding kicks/mutes. It's more the matter of them doing the other half of their job, to earn their title "Community Guide".

ramdasika

Hey Eastwood I don't agree with ur first post I complained to Blurerise two times asking him that after I changed my pass which was reset, it is not working in client or playerdex.He didn't give a damn and didn't even bother to reply at least once.

I have the proof of pms if u need.

And I am a very old player playing for 3 yrs and rest of my friends left this game a long time ago when Kyro got replaced but I stayed back in trust is this how it gets repayed.I havent logged in game once after pass was reset.its been more than 3months.

and how will u justify this?

BRGodEastwood

Youngster
Banned
bluerise is an admin, not a gm... so im not really sure i can justify it lol since im not in his shoes. im just defending my group because i know what my group goes through. likewise bluerise gets around 100 pms a day im assuming, along with server upkeep, so maybe that played a factor.

ramdasika

man I lost track of the game and btw when was that stupid Lee made an admin?

and what would be the solution for my problem?

Seth

[quote name='ramdasika' timestamp='1318660333' post='12565']

[/quote]

A solution to your problem is: if you no longer have access to the e-mail that your account was registered with, that is not PWO's fault. Thereby you've lost your account forever.

Insulting an administrator will only make things worse.

I

inileater

[quote name='risefromruins' timestamp='1318655574' post='12539']

I think there is a simple solution to all of this.

IT'S A POKEMON GAME

Yeah it's a little buggy at times, and yeah it goes down every now and then...but in the end it is still pokemon.

If you want a better pokemon or membership, donate. If you want to complain about donations, then don't donate.

If you want to complain about staff, don't do anything wrong. The rules aren't that hard to follow. It is painfully simple.

Like seriously.......IT'S POKEMON. Be mature and enjoy the game we all grew up loving

[/quote]

I agree with his statement and also i love the entire community and i have never witnessed such abuses of power that the original post describes, and i've been playing since kyro left us (i believe its been 3 years since then?) anyway the point i was making is while this game may have its setbacks all you can really do is push onward like the rest of us can, i have HUGE respect for all staff members regardless of their rank, they have to endure so much and expect so little in return, not to mention work a job as they do all their PWO related jobs solely on their own free time.

Heck i love this community so much i might apply to become a staff member myself, i spend almost 90% of my time in the help channel anyways (otherwise, i'm scouring the forums being very active OR im in trade channel)so i wouldn't have to change much about my play style, as i hardly ever PVP battle.

But now i'm rambling and should get back to the topic at hand, and a for my personal standing on the Legendaries Situation: i am content with things as they are but i am also aware that one day they WILL be implemented for normal players to catch, i even suggested that they be like a once a week kind of thing, of course its up to the staff on what they decide to go with, and whatever method they choose, i respect it and am grateful for everything the staff have done for the progression for PWO in its entirety.

Tom210

[quote name='ramdasika' timestamp='1318660333' post='12565']

[/quote]

stupid lee? he has done more then you know for the site, and just because you arent the first on his list you are gonna act all butthurt?(excuse my french)

ill tell him to put you last on the list, if even at all

Krysi

Local Scapegoat
Website
anilist.co
I see no point to this thread. People will only come here back and forth to flame each other while in reality they aren't getting anywhere.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
If all that is to be achieved here is flames, then this thread can be thrust in them. Locked for flame-warring.

Status
Not open for further replies.