Battle system-absurd probabiliy.

Franc92

Youngster
Like every day, yesterday and today i had some battles and i lost even againts noobs wich in some way i would never be able to lost in any game. Duble misses for me, and suddendly critical for my opponent. Well i'm not here to complain about my loss, but last day i was vs Rouge and i missed 5 time in row hydropump with milotic and starmie, wich mean 100*(0.20)^5= 0.032% of probability. Later on, today, i saw my opponent missing 3 outrage in row wich means: 100*(0.05)^3= 0.0125% of probabilty. And i'll add the fact that last day vs purvesh 2000 i had 3 criticals in the same battle. The last thing i have to add is the fact that the bug of both pokeomns fainting at the same moment, still exist, and it is a real pain.
I'm asking to the comunity, if this kind of % do fit comfortable with everyone and if there is a kind of possibility to fix them in better, cause i'm pissed winning by criticals with the loser complain about 10 minutes about the fake win, and more important of loosing towards this kinda mad-sick probability. It makes me the will to quit the game every time this things happens.
Cheers.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
While the ratio of misses to hits is definitely a little off in PWO (I can't count how many times I've seen 100% accuracy moves miss), I think the bigger issue is the need to use these moves in order to win. This could easily be fixed by giving us a few more TMs, introducing some things like entry hazards, and fixing things such as recoil. Mostly people use hydro on Arcanine, you don't really need it on other pokemon maybe besides meta. The problem is that Arcanine uses flare blitz and doesn't take recoil damage, if he did you could use surf or brine if we had the TMs for it. This is the same thing with jolteon and starmie. Usually you'd use Thunderbolt and it would be the end of the story, but some stars can tank discharge so in order to kill the good ones for sure you need to use thunder... which is very risky. It is very frustrating when something happens that shouldn't be happening, but the best we can do is hope and have faith it'll get better soon.

HOF69

franc1992 said:
i missed 5 time in row hydropump with milotic and starmie, wich mean 100*(0.20)^5= 0.032% of probability. Later on, today, i saw my opponent missing 3 outrage in row

These two examples are partially why I made my topics suggesting that a Surf (and Waterfall) tutor be released, and that Outrage (and Thrash) be changed to 100% accuracy.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I do agree with some points and that's because I think battle system need to be remade or at least a large upgrade.