Badges and Ribbons

Animagus

Hello players! We have some news, good news!

A number of times we have received requests for the re-battle time period for Gym Leaders to be reduced. 24 hours of cooldown is indeed rather longer than required but reduction of that time wasn't possible- up until recently. I'd like to officially announce that from now on, we will follow a New system for Gym Leader cooldowns i.e. each gym will now have its own cooldown time which will be 2 hours more than the previous gym's cooldown time period.

So, the first gym will have a timer of 2 hours, the second will have 4 hours and the third, you guessed it, 6 hours. For someone who starts in Kanto, their first Johto gym [i.e. their 9th gym] will have a timer of 18 hours. After the 11th Gym, however, all the further Gyms [12-16] will have a cooldown period of 24 hours.

Here is a simple list for clarity:
First Gym: 2 hours
Second Gym: 4 hours
Third Gym: 6 hours
Fourth Gym: 8 hours
Fifth Gym: 10 hours
Sixth Gym: 12 hours
Seventh Gym: 14 hours
Eight Gym: 16 hours
Ninth Gym: 18 hours
Tenth Gym: 20 hours
Eleventh Gym: 22 hours
Twelfth Gym: 24 hours
Thirteenth Gym: 24 hours
Fourteenth Gym: 24 hours
Fifteenth Gym: 24 hours
Sixteenth Gym: 24 hours
The system will be further improved very soon and until then, we do hope that everyone finds this update fruitful and that this provides the newcomers with a much better game experience.

On another note, as of late we've have several downtimes due to unforeseen bugs and errors in the game. Due to that, we understand that many of you were not able to participate in the event and were not able to unwrap your desired presents while doing the quests.
In order to make up for this and to give all of you honest chances of finding your Christmas presents, helping stop Zidane and completing the quests, we have decided to extend the Winter Event up until 18th January.
We're sure you'll all now find enough time to gather all the prizes and pokemon you can from this event! Do let us know if you have any feedback or suggestions for the updates. ^-^

~Written mostly by Rebecca​

Teesel

I have a question about event. Is Celebi available again in Tinsel Town? I met one, but NPCs on the tree were broken and haven't shown up (same problem with Abomasnow).

TheConqueror

great news animagus and indeed the new system will be fruitful for the newbie players!!!!!

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Nice that new players won't complain that much about cooldown anymore. Also is cool that it wasn't totally removed because a time to train before challenging again is needed; make sure it's ready to win.

DomT.

Youngster
Really A Good Update Staff.
Dont u guys think that Cool down time of first and 8th gym should be 2 Hours..For Example see as I started in Kanto,My first Gym will be Pewter Gym,Most of the players choose Charmander as their Starter which makes difficult to defeat the first gym,As for the 8th Gym it is Blue which is somehow normal.As u go ahead 16th Gym Pops up and yes the most Tough Gym Dragon Type,I just want that 16Th Gym should be also set to 2 Hours of cool down

Although It is a good update.

Animagus

Teesel said:
I have a question about event. Is Celebi available again in Tinsel Town? I met one, but NPCs on the tree were broken and haven't shown up (same problem with Abomasnow).
Celebi and Abomasnow can both be found in the trees. Their population is extremely low so you won't find them very often. Do remember that they cannot be caught though, only battled with.

UW01 said:
Really A Good Update Staff.
Dont u guys think that Cool down time of first and 8th gym should be 2 Hours..For Example see as I started in Kanto,My first Gym will be Pewter Gym,Most of the players choose Charmander as their Starter which makes difficult to defeat the first gym,As for the 8th Gym it is Blue which is somehow normal.As u go ahead 16th Gym Pops up and yes the most Tough Gym Dragon Type,I just want that 16Th Gym should be also set to 2 Hours of cool down
Although It is a good update.
I am having a hard time understanding you here.. You are saying it is a good update, but the 1st and the 8th and the 16th gyms should have 2 hours of cooldown?
If it is a serious suggestion, i'm afraid it would just beat the point of the entire new system if all of those Gyms gave 2 hours of cooldown. And if they do, why should the other gyms have a higher cooldown? Also, the 1st gym already has a 2 hours timer.
Let me know more about what you are suggesting. Maybe it is something useful and we could implement that too! :)

DomT.

Youngster
Yea I know the first Gym already have 2 hours of Cooldown,I just wanna state that First and last gym are always tough for Trainers.You Guys can simply make Each Gym cooldown 2 Hours and it will be good if u guys could add a Timer with the gym leader which will tell u how much time left for ur battle and when last time u battled.

Edit:As for the Highest cooldown gym,u guys can simply add a Poll here and ask pwo people that which is the most easy Gyn for them and for most Tough u guys can set it to 2 Hours...See Trainer easily win 6th and 7th gym of both region...Its very rare to see people lost there...So making the cooldown higher of those gym which are easy to defeat and low cooldown for those which are tough like Clair and Blue...Hope u understands.

Luminance

Youngster
Developer
I would like to point out that the Playerdex has a feature called Phonebook, which allows you to know when you can battle almost every NPC in the game.

Jinga

I lost at 7th gym iirc so there is no need for 2 hours cooldown for 8th gym as difficulty increases pokes are hard to lvl so the 2 hours increase for every respective gym is good idea

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
The reason behind raising the cooldown time as you progress through the gyms is twofold.

Firstly, as the experience point factor raises the temptation to abuse it by relogging before the end of the battle grows stronger (for some anyway).

Secondly, the higher the level the more training you will likely need to build your team up to a point where it can actually defeat the gym leader- assuming the loss wasn't accidental (forgetting to heal first for example) or due to a crash.

Bear in mind also that these are not the final cooldown times chosen. The coding we planned to implement was more complex and with the current server issues are simply not working. So what we have now is a temp solution to an issue we didn't want to wait any longer to make the changes on. Many if not all the cooldowns will drop even further when new coding for the gym leaders is working as intended again.

Isguros

Youngster
Where is the like-button when you need it. Great update, too bad that the only players who know what you (all) did, are the ones that didn't necessarily needed this change ;)