Aqua Tail accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I.Am

Well i think we need to update some move like Aqua Tail accuracy for physical attacker water pokes like Feraligatr and Gyarados. Since we got Flamethrower
95 spatk/100 accuracy, Solarbeam 120 spatk/100 accuracy so why not change Aqua Tail accuracy from 90 to 100 ?

Because water poke suppose to kill fire poke right ? You know. Logic .If you missed twice Aqua Tail (super bad luck) against fire poke using Solarbeam like Arcanine or Charizard that water poke would be really in bad situation or could probably die. So that is my suggestion to balance thing out so Arcanine or other fire pokes would not be too over powered.

I.Am

As usual everyone afraid to reply. Dont worry i wont suggest anymore next time. :p

pieoffury

It's not really the moves fault for being inaccurate :p But PWO follows the damage and accuracy of every move as much as they can, unless the move is still broken. Since aqua tail isn't considered a broken move, it follows the damage and accuracy assigned similar to the one in the original game :)

I.Am

julio2503 said:
Why that? According to the PWO Wiki, aqua tail works well, it's not a broken move. :p

If you missed twice Aqua Tail (super bad luck) against fire poke using Solarbeam like Arcanine or Charizard that water poke would be really in bad situation or could probably die.

Of course it works well but its accuracy is 90 not 100 which means still got 10% chance to miss.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Making its accuracy 100% is going to break the move, of course. I don't think this is the best way; breaking one move to compensate other. Something could be done in order to repair Solarbeam, I guess. However as more the battle system is changed more glitches we have, so I prefer no more changes.

This suggestion from Saric can help to clear something. :p

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=30094

joysclash

julio2503 said:
Making its accuracy 100% is going to break the move, of course. I don't think this is the best way; breaking one move to compensate other. Something could be done in order to repair Solarbeam, I guess. However as more the battle system is changed more glitches we have, so I prefer no more changes.

This suggestion from Saric can help to clear something. :p

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=30094

yes i agree the move isnt broken so theres nothing to fix ...on the other hand solarbeam should have some restrains cause its over powered right now..and if solarbeam works as the way in the original game the balance of fire vs water types will be restored..

Saric

Youngster
I.Am said:
julio2503 said:
Why that? According to the PWO Wiki, aqua tail works well, it's not a broken move. :p

If you missed twice Aqua Tail (super bad luck) against fire poke using Solarbeam like Arcanine or Charizard that water poke would be really in bad situation or could probably die.

Of course it works well but its accuracy is 90 not 100 which means still got 10% chance to miss.
The move is supposed to have 90 accuracy. Why change it?

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I don't understand this logic. We should change the correct accuracy of the move so it can kill fire types? Should we do the same to hydro pump for the same reason? Not all moves are equal, we can't raise the accuracy of aqua tail just because surf, thunderbolt, or flamethrower has higher power and accuracy... different moves are made to accommodate different pokemon.

I.Am

EcoWOLFrb said:
I don't understand this logic. We should change the correct accuracy of the move so it can kill fire types? Should we do the same to hydro pump for the same reason? Not all moves are equal, we can't raise the accuracy of aqua tail just because surf, thunderbolt, or flamethrower has higher power and accuracy... different moves are made to accommodate different pokemon.

Hydro pump is 120 spatk and Aqua tail is just 90 atk. But yea whatever. I agreed without changing its accuracy because today in pvp with someone my Charizard killed his Dragonite with Dragon Claw after it missing Aqua Tail twice. Bwahaha. So yea. Staff can lock this thread.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Locking this on your request. If you wish for the topic to be unlocked, and for the discussion to continue, feel free to request it via a PM.

Protip for balance-related suggestions: agenda-driven suggestions that suggest changing the statistical properties of a move to improve x Pokemon are less likely to go through, unless a persuasive argument is given as to why it's harmful to the overall battle-system environment.

While yes, these type of suggestions have prevailed if it caused overpowered Pokemon to lose ground, and ultimately diversify the PvP scene, would improving this particular move work towards that goal? It would inherently improve those that carry the move, it should also be considered whether improving this move works against that (would it cause the learners to gain too much ground?).

I'm not suggesting that yours is agenda-driven, or that this proposal works against the battle-scene balance—I'm just giving some food for thought if this is to come across as a workable balance change, even if you've requested that the topic is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.