Aevero's Update Area

Aevero

Content Maker
Project Manager
This is an area where I will post public facing updates that effect the Live area of the game.

Being a Project Manager (PRM) has its responsibilities written into the title. Unlike the DEV/ADM groups, Project Managers general workload consists of future planning and directional management for the content team, working alongside the DEV group on future implementation, as well as being on the lookout for new staff. So while an update log is needed due to making changes that effect Live areas of the game outside of larger releases, a lot of work I do generally doesn't belong inside a log and will stay behind closed doors.

Although I am one of the two Project Managers alongside Vod~, prior to becoming PRM I was in the GE group as ART, MAP, and Scripter. I still carry these responsibilities forwards, which is why you will see me during swarms due to that being part of my ongoing MAP responsibilities.
This also means I have a deep understanding of how the Client behaves with all ART and know all the special tricks for Mapping, so feel free to ask any questions regarding ART or MAP either here or in a private message.

Currently a lot of work being undertaken is in preparation for Sevii, so no direct content notes for Sevii will be given here. Please see the update topic here for any Sevii related updates.

That being said, below are some updates logged.
These relate to quality of life updates, preparation for future content, fine tuning, or updates responding to the Suggestion Box/Bug Catcher.

Apr 2024
  • Updated Arcanine to Ninetales in Six Island to match the EV set theme for that island.
  • Removed Spearow in Ruin Valley and changed to Furret to have Speed EV's for the EV set theme as well.
  • Lowered Riolu's avg lvl by 9 in Sevault Canyon to avoid it having the move Final Gambit.
  • Evolved the Bellsprout Line on Sevault Canyon and Sevault Canyon Entrance by one stage
  • Updated Machoke/Mankey to Arcanine in respective Sevaults.

Feb 2024
  • Fixed ImTachi's spot in Indigo Plateau's Pokecenter where they would get stuck often.
  • Updated Escape Rope to be a Tradable Item.

< 2023
  • Redesigned the Surfboard riddle quest. Moved riddle from Treasure Beach on One Island (Sevii) to a unique location named Surf Island.
    • Forget what you saw on Treasure Beach, it was in proof of concept phase, and is being changed due to staff discussions >>
  • Modified Daycarers to accept Sableye and Litwick Eggs.
  • Changed so only Johto daycarer can hatch Johto Egg. Kanto only Kanto Egg. Change redacted due to compatibility issues.

Daycarers:
  • Worked with Relicanth on splitting up the variables relating to Daycarers from one for all daycarers to individual ones for each region. Allowing raising more than one egg at a time.
    • Variable has been split into three - Kanto, Johto, Sevii
    • All existing eggs in daycare prior to change made in April now located in Kanto daycarer
  • Streamlined daycare script to reduce variety of hatching times to a single range, with Relicanth's help
    • Optimised single range from 'hours' to 'minutes'
    • reduced from 10-21 hours to 180-420 minutes for hatch timings
    • All existing eggs in daycare prior to change in July will immediately hatch, with future eggs using new timings.
  • Introduced the Eggtector, which gives accurate progression for the egg alongside the normal egg warnings from the daycarer
    • Related to Sevii.

Maps:
Updated Route 5 entrance to Daycarer with an entrance point through the ledge due to it being annoying to access from Cerulean City.

Spawns:
Dragons Den:
  • Updated Dragons Den spawn timings due to old errors causing some to be unfindable (dragonair)
  • Re-tiered Slowking from T5 to T3/4.
  • Updated Dragons Den Fishing spawns to be more reliable, from ~30% fishing rate to >97%

Miscellaneous:
Appeased the secret NPC with a sacrifice for the server gods.

While I do not expect this update log to be bristling with as many changes as a DEV or GE log, it's being made to allow a more visible platform for updates made as previously updates made have been missed due to me only posting them on Discord or mentioned ingame. Which is poor communcation on my part. Apologies.

Last edited: