Add voice chat

G

Add voice chat IG(In Game)to communicate better,im tired of typing all the time...zzzzzzz

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I guess this would be interesting, anyway I assume it's currently not possible and if it's I also assume that it would cause troubles to the game and server stability.

Herald

Banned
MasaruOshiro said:
Add voice chat IG(In Game)to communicate better,im tired of typing all the time...zzzzzzz

People can barely write coherent English in this game, do you really expect people to speak it any better?

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Herald said:
MasaruOshiro said:

People can barely write coherent English in this game, do you really expect people to speak it any better?

Haha that's true. We would have a grave issue... :p Also there are players who don't speak english, imagine if each one speak in his own idiom... what a mess.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
Moved to the Suggestions section; this topic is more of a suggestional nature, which would belong in this section.

While I'm not personally against the feature down the roads—it most likely is not technically feasible at this stage with the current client (the client determines what resources on your computer's end are used in the game)—I am curious on how many players would be interested in utilizing it; while some may find discomfort with the traditional textual communication, compared to the voice feature, the majority do seem comfortably accustomed to typing and text-chatting.

G

julio2503 said:
Herald said:
MasaruOshiro said:

Haha that's true. We would have a grave issue... :p Also there are players who don't speak english, imagine if each one speak in his own idiom... what a mess.
i guess your right...and many kids plays this game too(maybe :p)...so if you want to make your ears deaf,BE PREPARED FOR THE THOUSAND KIDS!!!!!!LOLOLOL

G

how bout add a distance voice chat?so that you cant hear people from far away(put it 8+ distance away from your character)and the command usage for should be "V" if its used, then use "H" for the voice chat if necessary.And if players who don't speak english just ignore them...._...

Dovee

Youngster
I feel like this would be too chaotic and people would have to start recording conversations cuz of insults and trades and too many people would be talking at once. I just see nothing good coming out of this.

SOULTAKER1994

100% agreeing with Dovee it would be a mess imagine you trying to play the game peacefully when the chat is filled with loads of noise =/

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
I see a lot of negative responses. There would undoubtedly be new issues to face with an embedded voice chat. Moderating would be more difficult no doubt- it could be chaotic as has been suggested... But other games have them. There are also chatrooms across the internet that successfully use a combination of voice and written chat. This has been happening for many years. So why not here?

The issues are real, I'm not saying that. But for those that want this feature I'm sure there are ways of dealing with them. So by all means bring out the negatives, but also some ideas of how to overcome them too. If you really want this feature in the future I'm sure the discussion doesn't have to end here on so many negative notes. :)

The-Predator

Youngster
how about, player "A" wants to chat with player "B", player "A" sends a voice chat request, and player "B" has to accept/refuse whether he wants or not to chat with him?? would be a bit more under control, would be like pms more than a public chat though

SOULTAKER1994

kinda gonna agree with Kyppo but that voice convo could be private ofc not disturbing the other players but should be heard by staff..