About new features

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
I'm just going to make a point and a request to the Pwo Team.

Recently we had some features implemented and also few client releases. Regarding this I would like to ask for more informations about the features added to the game; more informations about how they work, because players have get a bit confused about what has changed or not. For example about happiness system and multi-evolutionary lines, myself have some doubts. If that's possible...

Thanks~

LunaticJames

Content maker
I'll try and cover some things.

For happiness, it works extremely similar to the handhelds.
- You can see its level by either turning around and talking to it, or using the /happy <position> command.
- It only raises if its out and following you (not surfing, not on bike)
- Happiness is measured from 0-255
- 256 steps makes 1 point raise
- Fainting makes it lower (forgot the amount)
- Leveling raises it by 5 points
- Default level is 27% (70/255) This is also what it will be reset to if you trade a Pokemon to another player, or receive one. Any lower and it hates you D: More and it loves you \o\
- If it can evolve through happiness, it will do so on 100% (255/255) happiness. Hope you like walking :D
- There are no special features in battle for happiness. It only affects Evolutions at this point in time.

TL;DR Happiness works on evolutions like it would in the handhelds, and that's it.

For Multiline evolutions, I'm not sure what you want to know about that. Thought it was a bit straight forward.
Can this Pokemon evolve into more than one thing? = Yes
Does it need an item to evolve? = Yes
Is the item available to players? = No
I can't get that one then.

PROMapperKnuckles

Youngster
LunaticJames said:
I'll try and cover some things.

For happiness, it works extremely similar to the handhelds.
- You can see its level by either turning around and talking to it, or using the /happy <position> command.
- It only raises if its out and following you (not surfing, not on bike)
- 256 steps makes 1% raise
- Fainting makes it lower (forgot the amount)
- Default level is 27% This is also what it will be reset to if you trade a Pokemon to another player, or receive one. Any lower and it hates you D: More and it loves you \o\
- If it can evolve through happiness, it will do so on 100% happiness. Hope you like walking :D
- There are no special features in battle for happiness. It only affects Evolutions at this point in time.

TL;DR Happiness works on evolutions like it would in the handhelds, and that's it.

For Multiline evolutions, I'm not sure what you want to know about that. Thought it was a bit straight forward.
Can this Pokemon evolve into more than one thing? = Yes
Does it need an item to evolve? = Yes
Is the item available to players? = No
I can't get that one then.

Im not sure if this is what he was meaning, but i think he means evolution lines, as in what pokemon can be evolved now ingame through this method:

Example: Oddish now can become Bellossom, Eevee can now become all its evos:

Are there a list of pokes that can work now, or some that still can't?

LunaticJames

Content maker
Gloom, not Oddish, evolves into Bellossom with a Sun Stone.

Eevee goes into all things up to gen 2.
Water stone - Vaporeon
Thunder Stone - Jolteon
Fire stone - Flareon
Max happiness (day) - Espeon
Max Happiness (night) - Umbreon

Items that aren't ingame/available to players:
Kings rock (No Politoed, Slowking)
Dawn Stone (Gallade, Froslass)
Deep sea tooth (huntail)
Deep sea scale (gorebyss)
Moss rock thing (Leafeon)
Ice rock thing (Glaceon)

Unsure:
Thought Tyrogue works from some update from a while back, but am unsure. Think it only goes to Hitmontop atm

The-Predator

Youngster
LunaticJames said:

Water stone - Vaporeon
Thunder Stone - Jolteon
Fire stone - Flareon

Deep sea tooth (huntail)
Ice rock thing (Glaceon)

Unsure:
Thought Tyrogue works from some update from a while back, but am unsure. Think it only goes to Hitmontop atm

I think token store needs to be updated, I mean Shane make such an awesome update but we still limited, also would be cool to have those pokemon that evolve by learning "X" move, example: Aipom, yanma, I cant remember others atm

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Well, when I made this topic I was late and perhaps I was not clear enough. But I was meaning changes like:

If does soothe bell still have the same function?
If is there any pokémon that can't evolve yet (happiness or multi-evolutionary lines)?
How exactly happiness is working?
Which are the day/night only wild pokemon?

I've seen too many players asking such things, maybe I forgot something, but now I guess almost all the questions were answered around the forum...

:) Thank you so much Luna~

Orean

Website
twitter.com
To provide informational clarity for questions that may not have been confirmatively answered yet:

julio2503 said:
If does soothe bell still have the same function?

As answered recently on another thread but carrying repeating here, no; the item's function has been redesigned to multiply the current happiness by 2x. Its availability and distribution, which has retroactively been determined by its past function, is something that we are willing to re-evaluate in the item's current form.

julio2503 said:
If is there any pokémon that can't evolve yet (happiness or multi-evolutionary lines)?

To give more clarity to the changes: Shane has only hardcoded a select amount of Pokemon's evolutions so far, including all happiness-threshold evolutions, but not all multi-line evolutions have been supported as of present; the only ones that have been hardcoded in are item-evolvable Pokemon (for items that are available in-game), such as Gloom evolving into Bellossom via the Sun Stone, and happiness-threshold evolutions, such as Eevee evolving into Umbreon/Espeon (a bi-evolution happiness branch too).

The rest of the branches remain to be confirmed, but Shane admitted that there is a likelihood that others may have been omitted—specifically those that have more uncommon evolution methods (gender-based evolutionary branchs, such as Kirlia, is an example of an evolution that may not have been hardcoded yet). If you notice that some Pokemon are not evolvable, feel free to point them out, and it shall be brought to Shane's attention, for when he's available to add them. :)

julio2503 said:
How exactly happiness is working?

Happiness caps off at 255, as it did in the handheld games, and happiness points can be accumulated/decumulated by the following methods:

• Walking 256 steps - +1 point.
  • Winning any battle that yields experience (wild/NPC battles) - +1 point.
  • Leveling up - +5 points
  • Fainting - -5 points.

(Hoping a community member will have a more explanatory, resourceful and referrable explanation documented on the wiki soon, with due course. :) )

julio2503 said:
Which are the day/night only wild pokemon?

While the condition is now settable for wild Pokemon spawns, I can confirm that it currently has not been applied yet. Chief emphasis has still been placed on our full-scale spawn-reassessment project, which are mainly the major spawn changes that are suctioning the most of our manpower; whether the addition of the day/night-time conditions, for our spawn system, coincides with this or not remains to be revealed. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soothe Bell: While we are on this subject, I am curious to know if players would still find it useful as a Token Store item in its current form—perhaps at a cheaper price?

I assure you that the now-practical evolution items, such as the King's Rock, are intended to be looked into as well, but it should be reminded that the Token Store isn't the only medium that we'd be interested in adding them at—in-game methods of obtaining them, more namely.

Tendou

LunaticJames said:

Water stone - Vaporeon
Thunder Stone - Jolteon
Fire stone - Flareon

Deep sea tooth (huntail)
Ice rock thing (Glaceon)

Unsure:

And to ruin the Froslass/Gallade fans' dream you need to remember there is a Male/Female gender requirement which isnt implemented on pwo yet.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Even when genders are introduced we'll need dawn stone to evolve them and this another point to be discussed.

Tendou

Yeah. Also Happiness isn't fully implemented yet and i don't know if it will. Happiness is indeed a nice addition but still incomplete, pokemon's happiness dont decrease if you leave them at PC, well this is PWO anyways :p

Tha-Kram

let's see what my Tyogue has to say

Tyrogue only evolves into Hitmontop - ATK 2/DEF 9 would have been Hitmonchan

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Tha_Kram said:
let's see what my Tyogue has to say

Tyrogue only evolves into Hitmontop - ATK 2/DEF 9 would have been Hitmonchan

Tyrogue evolves into Hitmontop due to the fact that hitmonlee and hitmonchan are already catchable, so due to the limited evolution support at the time this was thought to be the best compromise. Now that the game has fully functioning multi-evolution support this can be changed. As with many other evolutions not previously obtainable the evolution mechanism will have to be programmed in for them, and since many are unique methods of evolution this may take some time.

All good things come to those who wait. :) I think that quote was made for PWO.

Tha-Kram

Shane only said that PWO now supports Multi-evolutions
but no one gave an official list of which evolution lines have been updated, so I thought to check it out myself
we know the staff are busy to keep up with all the new clients, it is just that we can't always find the details to keep up with the game ourselves

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Tha_Kram said:
but no one gave an official list of which evolution lines have been updated, so I thought to check it out myself
we know the staff are busy to keep up with all the new clients, it is just that we can't always find the details to keep up with the game ourselves
Reading above allows you to know...

Tendou

Tha_Kram said:

You are not wrong and im pretty sure the staff is glad to get players trying out that plus Tyrogue isn't HR anymore so that wasn't a huge loss.

I'm pretty sure there is no evolution coding related to base stats as Tyrogue will evolve into any of his evolutions depending on the base stats' value and it is the only pokemon whose evolution is determined by stats.

Currently Multi evolutions are only related to stones and happiness. However, it is possible to let Kirlia to evolve into Gallade and Snorunt to Froslass without a gender requirement while they tries to figure how to do that for gender, unless confirmed by staff we are not sure if they will try that way.

Tha-Kram

I wanted to explain my move to HF, making the point that the information he gave would be nice to know right after the update

@Tendou
I already had a Tyrogue in my PC, I didn't have to go out and find one to test his evolution
I'm not that fanatic XD