Search results

1. N

I want my Snover back !!!

For anyone who's really looking for the precise odds (:P), the probability (disregarding how RNGs may skew the actual calculation) of a Pokemon having an identical permutation of IVs is: 0.0000000009313225736 - also 1/1,073,741,824, in fractional notation. To explain how I methodically...
  2. N

Petition for Truant on Slaking

That would be doable as well, but adding in an extra database column would likely be better for data-optimization--more minimality with the amount of data that needs to be added. However, now that I've had confirmation that the coding sample, as posted by Darcia earlier, would logically work in...
  3. N

Petition for Truant on Slaking

Paramount to the incompatible of the coding sample, as provided by Darcia, is the logical infrastructure of PWO's battle system; it is incomparable to how it's used in the other games. The coding sample must corresponsively interrelate with the rest of the server-coding, and the framework...
  4. N

PWO staff updates

One can't help but theorize what PWO would have evolved to if Shane resumed his development seamlessly; those videos seem to illustrate it accurately. :o Very, very interesting... ???
  5. N

Verify your account to access the game.

Re: Verify your account by September 30. Some food for thought to give a partial answer: while yes, account-verification is procedural to the registration process, there is also the possibility that an email on an account might have been changed since then; such changes in the past have not...
  6. N

Update on Client Permissions.

Whether or not access to real-time PMs, in addition to the database-stored forums-messages, had prying eyes snoop on them is another discussion, and not one that I can personally attest to; however, the main underpinning behind the illegality of this is the fact that players were not informed of...
  7. N

Farewell Thugie

Thank you for all of your contributions ThuGie; you have been a staple for PWO's development team in your time, and you'll be a missing one thereof. You will be missed, but I have profound gratitude that you've served as a developer who's had much grit, and continued to contribute in the long haul.
  8. N

What Would You Like To Suggest To Improve The Wiki?

Corrected the Solarbeam-TM misinformation - not sure which resources I was cross-checking when data-mining for TM data - and replaced Psychic with Dream Eater--that's likely the Psychic-type move that I misthought should've been added at the time of editing. :P Thanks for pointing them out~
  9. N

While I won't prevent later-generation Pokemon from being documented on the wiki, I'm personally averting to wiki work that will be more immediately resourceful to wiki users--data that is relevant to PWO's current gameplay state, to which the wiki is still considerably incomplete in. I expect...
  10. N

Thank you for your suggestions; I will look to apply it effectively. I would agree that it does look spacious with the list enfolded into the collapsible section; without it, much of the informational contents of the page - the list of move-compatible Pokemon, contextually speaking - will be...
  11. N

Dovee's Final Goodbye

Farewell Dovee~ (khug) It feels like a big part of the community is leaving; you've been well-established and impactful around the staff, as well as the community - especially various guild subcommunities. Your persistent persuasion is what convinced me to join Cryptic_Complexity in itself to...
  12. N

Looking for some quick feedback on a recently created template of mine -- example of it in a move page (working on creating all move pages at this time): http://pwo-wiki.info/index.php?title=Solarbeam I've consulted a few while this template was a WIP, applying their suggestions accordingly...
  13. N

Healing Items outside of Battle

Metagame-wise, it may actually make sense for some healing items, such as food/beverage consumables, to be strictly usable outside of battle. Food, beverages, and so forth - unlike potions - may be ill-equipped to heal one's health instantly in-battle, and thus may only gradually mend away...
  14. N

Actually, I have planned to rework the locational information by constructing a template for it -- a template that'll allow us to present the information in a more eye-friendly fashion, make changes to the template - some aspects of the template that are unconditionally used on all pages -...
  15. N

Removing extra items

I've itemized all of the known removable items into a collapsible table on the Goldenrod/Celadon City Department store pages on the wiki. If any items are incorrect or missing on this list, it'd be appreciated if I was informed on it, to correct it. On-topic: The only item I can think of...
  16. N

Wiki Question

The rarity category, on the left-hand navigational side-box, does not encompass all categories, but more so it's used to highlight categories that are believed to high-demand information (quests, guides, etc...). If it is considered to be noteworthy enough (which I'm personally iffy about, due...
  17. N

The 2013 PWO awards

I haven't been as feet-sunk into the community this year, compared to past years, so I will be more selective and omissive on many categories - I'm mostly insightless to many of them, so I will leave some blank instead of taking a shot in the dark. :P I will edit this ballot for more...
  18. N

Hitmonchan BUG!!!!

This is because these are all same-level movies that were designated for the same level, thus - due to limitations in the system - you were prompted to learn only one move at a time. You may or may not be prompted to learn one of the missed-out moves the next time HitmonChan is prompted to learn...
  19. N

While TMs were anchored into the back-burner, hoping to create a call-functional template to add them as efficiently as possible, I've created a (hopefully) workable TM for that tonight. It's basically a restructural overhaul to Tenfold's MoveSet table/template, accommodating for new...
  20. N

Recovering Account

I would advise not to copy/paste your newly-received password, as it can copy over an extra space -- which is parsed as an extra character in your password, thereby forming an invalid one. I'd try typing it in manually; or if you want to copy/paste it, ensure that an extra space is not copied over.