What's the deal?

TheVandal

So, I've have membership for awhile now and over 50 hours of playtime, of constantly searching and battling and even runnin from wild pokemon. And I have yet to find a shiny pokemon! I feel like I have the same odds without a membership and I see people everyday including friends of mine talking about how they find a shiny a day and multiple shinies... Is my account bugged or something!? Because this seems a little extreme now. I've gotten to the point that inqould settle for any shiny. It's just taking all the fun out of the game for me. Not to mention, even if I find a common shiny... It's not like I'll be able to make of 80k lol. But if people had my odds, they'd probably pay more. I'm just trying to figure out if there's something wrong with my account? I thought I was just in a slump, but this is ridiculous now. All I do is search. But I just wanna make sure my account is okay and everything, because this membership is going to waste...

Nightmare!

[glow=yellowgreen]This has nothing to do with your account in particular. Shinies are called rare for a reason, you don't always see them unless you're lucky. Some people find shinies the very first step into the grass, while others find one after hours and hours of playing, and others none. So at the end of the day luck is what's needed to encounter a shiny, rare pokemon.[/glow]

Tha-Kram

there will never be a guarantee that you will find a shiny, even without membership
it is common to find a shiny every 2-3 days if you're really active, but it still mostly depends on luck

as a non-member I find about 1 shiny every 75-100 hours, but there were times it took me 150+ hours
and once I found 2 within 20 minutes, but with 2500 hours total things like that can happen
like I said, it mostly depends on luck