what to do in order to prevent the low prices of good pokes?

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com
suggest some ideas in order to prevent the low prices of good pokes ???
like shiny arcanine going frm 120mill to 30mill
give some ideas to get back the values of good pokes !!!! O0

Azteca

Website
www.facebook.com
Re: what to do in order to prevent the low prices of good po

Hmm this is kinda hard when you think about it but imo the only true way to keep Shinys or even the HRs from such a huge price drop is to have a set amount of $ on each pokemon that would be integrated into the system itself so lets say Shiny Arca is 130m and someone wants it then the only way the accept button would light up through the trade window would be once the sufficient amount of money is placed into the box from the buyer.

That might be abit much but since that would have to be done for each poke in general -.- I don't even know if this is making any sense or not considering I'm half a sleep so if this sounds like gibberish im sorry -.-

ZombieSalad

There's really no way of preventing price reduction due to more and more people playing these days. The reason values drop is because more players are constantly farming... So eventually... more sellers, more competition to sell, prices drop.

I suppose staff could potentially make some pokes (shiny growlithe, for example) much harder to obtain, but that would take a while to have any effect (basically, until the current supply subsides), and I'm not sure that would be a good idea... for the average player at least.

sagar.2570

the main reason for price down is closing of pricecheck by stank in trades people are not getting right price and they are selling it in competition form so they lower the price by looking other shop

Nikola

Youngster

Close the registrations, eradicate hackers, return server cap on 600, decrease shiny chance to a 200% and probably make tokens harder to get.
That would make similar environment like it was 6/7 months ago. Or maybe current prices are having some sort of ideal price? What do you think?

Dovee

Youngster

sagar.2570 said:
the main reason for price down is closing of pricecheck by stank in trades people are not getting right price and they are selling it in competition form so they lower the price by looking other shop

I am going to have to disagree with this.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

Sagar's partially right, but it's only half of the problem.

People always try to undercut the suggested retail prices for goods while still attempting to make profit on them, so that they become the more likely choice to get a sale - it's just how business works. When those prices are being stated by Staff, it causes two additional problems: One, it makes the Staff look like we don't know our own game when undercutting becomes commonplace; and two, people assume our price was the "official" price and get suspicious of those who undercut it too much. This creates a vicious circle whereby neither side ends up getting as good a deal as the price checks seem to suggest; and the only person who seems to be liable for the mistake is the one who gave the check in the first place, when it should have just been a guideline.

The Staff decided to discontinue offering price checks for this reason, because Staff should never be liable for a player's own actions. What's more, by virtue of our rank, most people who blame one Staff member for making a mistake will blame the entire team - if people feel they didn't get as good a deal as we suggested they should (on either side of the playing field), they complain not just to the Staff member who made the perceived mistake, but to all the Staff; and if we don't subsequently respond, it causes distrust. Better to let the community itself decide the prices and let them see just how hard it really is to establish value - if you think it's wrong, it's your perception against the sellers'. And you always have the option to either haggle, or just look elsewhere for a better deal - if you can't find one, there's no-one to blame but yourself.

To note, nothing stops anyone from doing price checks themselves in the future. It should just be remembered that they are only ever guidelines - actual prices will always vary.

Punk!

in my point of view ....i think Because the Mart been closed down...the prices r going down.....i hope when the new playerdex marts comes up the Prices MAY go Up...not sure ...its just my Point of view... :-\

Merse

Youngster

The prices are going down because everyone sells good Pokes. There is not a day when somebody doesn't seel a S Ninetales, Arcanine, Golem, Gyarados. Of course almost everyone has one, only the poorest and the less fortunate, who didn't find one by themselves yet try to buy those. And of course they can't pay so high prices as the veteran players.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster

Its been said 1000 times more pokes leads to cheaper prices, it just seems that people can't seem to adapt to it. To me it seems greed drove the economy for years and now that there are more players ingame, more shinies ingame people don't want to change that mindset.
I don't think the mart is going to affect things that much when its reopened either, i know thats what everyone been hoping for. Everyone is going to try to put pokes up at higher prices than they going for now but everyone is going to know what prices they been getting these pokes for and will know better than too pay more for it.
I know that people paying real money for tokens and inturn pokemon ingame automatically grants them alot of virtual currency it doesn't and when they realize this everyone will see that prices going down and staying down now is natural.
Just my opinion.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

Someone said prices have gone down radically in the last 6/7 months. Coincidence that that is when reg opened again? Not only more players, but more active players now and more in the know of what pokemon are worth good money so are hunting for the right ones. It's no surprise to me and I don't even follow the prices that shiny growlithe has gone down in price. People were actively farming it since he got his moveset updated back in August. This has probably happened for others that received a pvp favourable moveset update then also. People are also buying UC's and adding them to the market daily. The market is unlikely to ever be what it was with so few really rare pokemon about these days. At least not until 4th gen are added to the token store which is unlikely to be any time soon.

In short there are more rare pokemon available on the market these days, and easier to obtain = cheaper. I guess the only way to return it to the 'good ole days' would be for a few of the richer players to get together and buy up a significant amount of these pokemon that have dropped in price. That, of course, would make them poorer and less able to buy the really rare top range pokes so I don't see that happening either. So it seems to me you're stuck with the market as it is, and prices are only going to keep going down in general, not up.

darkblade210

there are more players now so more pokemon in circulation. Whats the problem with them being cheap anyway?

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com

shiny pokes must have their own prestige
there must be a rule that u cant trade shiny pokes
u cant trade strater pokes ...the reasons for this is that many people makes fake username for getting good straters
decrease the rare of shiny and hr pokes

think abt my suggestion ..i think it will help .... ;)

i do believe that getting shiiny pokes by yourself brings so much of happiness that u cant get by buying with others O0 :)) ;D

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

You can trade your own starter pokemon, you just can't start a new account or accounts just to farm starters or items.

Do Not create new accounts with the purpose of getting a certain pokemon or item for another account.

And ban trading shiny pokemon? Excuse me while I ROFLMAO O0

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator

Here's a question to Sugar, why do you feel that the prices should be 'prevented' from going lower?

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com

Bluerise said:
Here's a question to Sugar, why do you feel that the prices should be 'prevented' from going lower?

it sagar not sugar :p
let me tell u one example
if in general diamond cost is like 1m$ per 10 grms ..and it goes to 0.2m$ per 10 grams how will u feel !!!
dont u feel like to increase the price of diamond ???
every one will have the diamond then u will feel like what the use of diamond

its same like here shiny arcaninine is such a good poke that every people want him but since the prices has gone down no good people like to catch him or keep it forever

darkblade210

Bluerise said:

this is what im saying. I dont necessarily see why people care that the price is going down unless they just feel cheated that they spent so much money before on the pokemon.

im a relatively new player and if the prices were higher my team wouldnt look nearly like it does right now.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster

Just to note, the more new players that come in, the more potentially interested buyers exist.
Even when reg was closed, hundreds of members were still seeing thousands of pokemon each day. :V

Rarely, a single reason is responsible for a price change. Example of this is when people duplicating money through a glitch, and instead of reporting it, used it for themselves.

Often times, however, it is SEVERAL events that make the market the way it is. I feel that this is one of those times. Nobody who is just pointing at one thing and not considering others is correct.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator

sagarpatel740 said:
Bluerise said:

it sagar not sugar :p
let me tell u one example
if in general diamond cost is like 1m$ per 10 grms ..and it goes to 0.2m$ per 10 grams how will u feel !!!
dont u feel like to increase the price of diamond ???
every one will have the diamond then u will feel like what the use of diamond

its same like here shiny arcaninine is such a good poke that every people want him but since the prices has gone down no good people like to catch him or keep it forever
I have declared your nickname as sugar. It shall remain that way.

Would I feel cheated? No, it's second hand.

CoolKnightST

You could try to add an formule on it and put those for you sales. For example: Base Value*(0,??*level). The base value depends on the pokémon and the level depends on what you think how large the value of on an level should be.