What is an 'Epic' and what is an 'Uber'? pokemon?

G

Now me and AntiKing both have our own opinions on this. I said:

An Uber pokemon is a pokemon with 2-3 random IV's that are Uber (28+).
An Epic pokemon is a pokemon with Uber IV's in all the right places.

However, AntiKing says the opposite, he says

An Uber pokemon is a pokemon with Uber IV's in all the right places.
An Epic pokemon is a pokemon with 2-3 random IV's that are Uber (28+).

Who is right? How can you be sure?.

cyy5113

The basic meaning of uber, is "over; beyond".
The basic meaning of epic, is "grand; heroic".
I have no idea which one of your statement is right too, with the definition of dictionary.

ash.catchem

Youngster
you are right, as the name suggests epic is more good than uber....
I am 100% sure...

samsengang

From what I've heard, Uber means stats with 25+ IV, while Epic means stats with 28+ IV, so Epic would be better than Uber. I might me wrong though.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
From my limited experience, Uber means stats in the right place, and Epic means most/all stats are awesome.

In either case, it's usually been Epic > Uber

PhoenixBot

Well when I first started there was no "epic" and uber was understood(as pointed out by more experienced players of the time) to mean 4 stats with 27+ iv's it didnt seem to matter where those stats were just that there were 4 uber stats to be considered an uber poke. Things are clearly different now but that's how I remember it. I am newly back to playing and never seen the "epic" association until recently.

Stank

Youngster
an uber poke is all stats that are important to that particular pokemon are 25-26+IV epic is nothing lol

some people randomly started using it in place of ubera few months ago and its spiraled on from there......

ash.catchem

Youngster
yeah.. when i started playing ther were no epics only uber, but soon after few weeks, epic came up slowly, and now everyone uses epic.. lol..
I didn't noticed that change.. lol

Dovee

Youngster
Epic is a new term and to me it really means nothing. I believe for a pokemon to be Uber, any stat that is important to the pokemon needs to be over 25. A pokemon like Rhydon needs to have 25+ in hp, atk, defense, while speed and sp de cant suck, sp atk means nothing. A pokemon like Feraligatr IMO needs every stat to be over 25 since it is attacking with both attacks while needing to defend against physical and special pokes while its also good for fera to have solid speed as there is other commonly used pokes that float around in his speed range.

psychosamm

Youngster
From my knowledge "Epic" is when a pokemon has 4 or more random stats that are over 25IVs, while Uber refers to key stats to that particular pokemon being above 27IVs.

HeavyPetter

dodo_ernesthbk said:
so as dovee says nothing is called epic so that gengar is epic or uber ? lol i am confused

Gengar: http://veekun.com/dex/gadgets/stat_calc ... 0&level=50

Regardless of which one of the above definitions that is used, your Gengar would be both 'epic' and 'uber'. Although none of the words mean anything since everyone throws them around thinking that their mediocre tauroses are the most god-like thinks that ever transcended upon the surface of kanto. Your gengar is really awesome though,especially if you can show that it has 31 speed and not 30.

Discipline

The term uber can mean any stat iv 25-31 using the Veekun stat calculator, for example...

("I have a tyhplosion with uber spatk and speed for sale." its spatk and speed would be 25+ iv)
An epic pokemon would have 3 or more uber stats(25 iv+)

There has been a new term going around with all the newbies referring to a specific stat of a pokemon as being epic if it is 28 iv+, and this is not the true use of the term.