Well-rounded team suggestions?

Permalight

I chose to start in Kanto, and right now I just lost to Blue in the Viridian gym. It was a close match, but I still feel like I could have a better team, and I'm looking for suggestions.

Right now my team is as follows:

Mamoswine
Charizard
Nidoking
Dodrio
Gyarados
Victreebel

I don't mind looking for and leveling different pokemon.

king1234

Youngster
i would recommend getting growlite, execute, just replace dodrio and victreebell.

Permalight

Really, a Growlithe? Why would I want a Growlithe when I already have a Charizard?

king1234

Youngster
Permalight said:
Really, a Growlithe? Why would I want a Growlithe when I already have a Charizard?

well growlithe has reversal which is a fighting move, also thunder fang which is special in this game. not bad moves for a beginner.

Di4m0nD

Permalight said:
If you don't want a growlithe, you can add an electric type poke in your team. It'll make a good addition in your team.
A good electric poke like pikachu, electabuzz, or maybe ampharos which not only have electric move but also rock and bug type move.

GawertyXL

Bit of advice,

Take Dodrio, Victreebell, and Gyarados out.

replace Dodrio with as suggested before a good electric type, maybe jolteon which is currently the best electric type available in my opinion.
Replace Victreebell with something like a Uber Eggs.
Gyarados just needs to be replaced with something a tad bit better, Gyarados isnt a good battling pokemon at this time, Id probably suggest a Swampert

HeavyPetter

Victreebell, Gyarados and Nidoking are awarded high rocket-points. Remove the rest and replace with Muk, Golem and Persian :)

EDIT: ... really? The words "get" and "high" are not allowed next to each other? Is there no limit to the babysitting??

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
The filter is a little strict, I admit. If a combination is too often causing trouble, just file a report and we'll consider removing it. I should note that there are some combinations that were meant to be replaced rather than censored outright, for example "hard" should become "harsh" if followed by "on"; but these no longer work as intended due to a code change.

Davion

Remove Dodrio, Victribell and Gyarados those aren't good battlers nowadays, I'd recommend choose Kingdra Instead of Gyarados why ? Horsea it's common and you can get the dragon scale easy ( complete the quest of killing horseas like a boss ), Kingdra it's Dragon/Water type very usefull in battles with Dragon pulse, brine, hydro pump and yawn :p, replacing Victribell, I'd recommend Venusaur or Exeggutor; Venusaur it's faster than eggs with solar beam, doble edge, sleep power, leech seed maybe ? in the other hand exeggutor has Leaf Storm, Psyquic, sleep power/hypnosis. Also you could get a rock type such as Rhydon or Golem with stone edge/earthquake and it's faster than rhydon.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
take out everything but charizard, and Gyarados
your dream team for kanto would be IMO
(keep in mind this is not a PVP team a good collection of kanto pokes)
Char
Arca
Alakazam
Exeggutor
Primeape
Gyarados
I wouldnt expect you to go and get HR pokes, but Snorlax is one of the biggest beasts in game.
If you can get a Dragon Scale replace Gyara with Kingdra....4x weak to electric??? WAT??? o_O