weird error.

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
So the game has been up all day, and I have not been able to get on. This happens to me at least once a week, so I did what I have found always fixes this. I re-downloaded the client. this time the client re download did not work, and I got this error... and please don't just tell me to try again, I have tried 3 times today.

121wytd.png

LittleRed

So how exactly can you not connect if you know the server is online? What exactly did you do step by step to get to that error screen? If you are a bit more specific, someone with greater knowledge than I may be of help to you, if they know how to get to this error like you did.

Sometimes when the server is online and I can't connect completly, I do a couple of things. If per say I just get stuck on Authenticating, I usually just exit out, open it back up and it will log me in. If I get stuck on the screen where it says "Map Name loading" (not to be confused with the map loading bar screen) This happens to me frequently and what I do is I go to task manager, then processes, then I look for the one called Pwo.exe or something like that and I end the process tree. From here I will try relogging and I'll usually get in, if not I repeat this again.

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
littlered, if you notice in my ss, the task manager is open. i need it to get on each time i log in. often it takes me anywhere from 10-30 min to log in. and yes i do the same thing you do with the task manager. some times i get lucky and have no problems. when i try for an hour and a half to get in, the whole time refreshing the server status page to make sure that the game is indeed on, and still don't even get to authenticating,(see ss below) i must re-download the client. and as i said this happens to me often. my problem is the error above while trying to re instal the client. and this has never happened to me before. in fact my last (successful) client download was yesterday.

4tuj2r.png

S

Scjar

I think your problem today is the fact that the server is actually offline, but the status page says online. Theres some wierd bug that things the server is up and 252 people are logged in, when its actually down. So the Token Store and the Move Adjustment pages wont even work cause it thinks certain people are logged in still.

As for other days, I have never had to redownload the client, I usually just close all the way out like you and LittleRed said you do. If that doesn't work, it usually means to server is about to go down from what I have seen. Maybe you can try making sure your allowing PWO through any firewalls that you may have and you can try running as administrator and see if that helps.

king1234

Youngster
i dont think this is a good thing to mention but, i love ur display pic on ur screen.

Seth

1) The number of processes on your computer is atrocious, but we'll talk about that later.
2) Run a speed test at www.speakeasy.net/speedtest to check for latency.
3) Open command prompt (Start > Run > CMD/Windows Icon > Search programs and files > type "cmd" and press "Enter) and type "ping 4.2.2.2 -t" (A public DNS server from Level 3 communications) to check for packet loss. Let it run for about 30 minutes.

If you have decent speed and no packet loss, we can rule out the LAN. If you do, let me know.

Now for software.
I see you have AVG antivirus and a McAfee firewall. Do you have any firewalls enabled disallowing connection from a certain program? Is there an exception in the windows firewall to allow PWO to access the internet?

Have you made any recent changes to your computer? Pirated software installed? skechy software? weird processes?
Have you completely uninstalled the PWO client before trying to reinstall it? (Control panel > Uninstall a program)

Once you've done that, we can look through a HiJackTHIS log together to see if anything malicious is throttling your connection via the PWO client and/or browsers.

accursed1

Youngster
Website
www.xelion.webs.com
so i did your speed test, and i got 3.92 mpbs download and .18 mpbs upload.  i cant find run on my computer but my ping is 200 at the lowest and 800 when i ping high, if that helps.
as for antivirus, pwo is aloud through my firewall, i set that up the first time i downloaded pwo. yes i have pirated software..... (please don't report....) and no, i just install over my current pwo. i tried again just now, to download it and it worked this time. thank you for your time and attention to this thread though.