Weekend Event - Farside Valley calls for aid! *EVENT CLOSED*

Animagus

EVENT IS NOW CLOSED: Please add any feedback you wish here.

It is time for yet another weekend event!
Showcasing the winning entry of Summer Mapping Contest, created by Julia, we present to you the Farside Valley!
We have worked closely with the winning contestant to develop, implement and thoroughly test the event maps in order to provide you all with the best weekend event possible!
Combined with detailed additional maps, exciting spawns and a great quest, the Farside Valley will surely impress you and keep you occupied this weekend.
And if that is not enough, you'll also find a brand new Limited Quantity Shop as well as the Heat Wave move tutor in the event maps!
So head to the Pewter City Museum (those in Johto may talk to the scientist in Violet City) and get ready to explore the newest addition in Pokemon World Online!

Relicanth

Youngster
Game Editor
Re: Weekend Event - Farside Valley calls for aid!

We've added an easter egg around farside valley. IShizuneI was able to find it, that was faster than expected. Enjoy your Dusk Stones as a prize :)

Poisonivy

[glow=darkred]Amazing map, and love the pokemon thats put in there. i should say that again...amazing map ;D

Ok here are the problems i ran into. 1st was finding out there was a event. People were talking about event in chat and i was wondering if there was one going on, witch i thought no but mind as well ask. No one said anything to me, so i looked on forms in event. and found nothing. so i just went along doing what i do. Then read some more chat and found there was one going on. So i asked again and someone said yes. i said theres nothing in event forms they said look in Announcements.
Bingo! found info about it.

Next problem i ran into was finding Farside Valley. i never did a event so had no idea. i talked NPCs in Museum wondering how to get there. i had to ask in help. i was told to talk to the holo thing...forgot what it was called sorry, im gonna call it the holo XD sorry. Anyways i get there and the map was amazing. i got the quest started for Heat wave move. i was happy, but disappointed that it wasint a TM that i could save for later. I dont have a fire pokemon i use really.

next problem was the the quest to find the disk from the scientist. It told me to go to laf fang forest, remonte seafrount, starlight lsland, spider woods. I looked all threw the map like 5 times and couldnt find it. finally i asked in help and someone told me to talk to the holo thingy. so i went back to Museum and only thing appearing was Farside valley. So i thought maybe i needed to have a fire pokemon and have it learn Heat Wave. So i went and did that and came back and still just Farside valley.
Asked in help AGAIN...and someone told me i had to talk to other side of the holo thing. so i went to the back of it and couldnt talk to it......to i tryd the sided of it still nothing finally i tryed next to in on left BINGO!! the other maps showed. And they where amazing to. and got that quest done.

Next problem i ran into witch im stuck on and gave up on. was the 1st NPC i fought. i think its next quest.
I had lvl 97 and lvl 85 i think and others pokemon was lvl 50s or so. I battled him and he had all lvl100. 1st pokemon 1 shotted most of my pokemon and killed itself from recoil damage. 2ed pokemon killed the rest one shot. so i gave yup and went to find rare pokemon. hour later someone was talking about the NPC and how it goes by what lvl pokemon you have. WISH I HAD THAT INFO..... anyways so i went and got all lvl 15 pokemon and used evolution stones on them, You know to buff up the stats. also gave it some TM moves to buff its attk. and went to the NPC again and he had all lvl 25 pokemon. i thought i was ready but the same thing happned. just one shooting everything till it kills itself then 2ed pokemon killed the rest. So i give up, and thats the end of the quests i can do for me....sucks but i tryed my best. back to looking for rare pokemon in grass i guess.
NPC was to strong i say. I think to beat you need crazy awesome pokemon + alot of luck. I mean he has been the hardest NPC i ever fought out of everyone i fought in the hole game.

All in all i say there should be more info on how to do this stuff. I had to ask in help way more than i wanted to.

I will now be looking in Announcements and Events for info about up coming events. Someone should really tell people a week ahead of time that a amazing event is going on. I found out today and it was already started. I wanted to be there for the beginning. Or maybe something in Tex message when you log on saying there is event going on next week.

Also i wanted to talk about this.
sad_zpsholyjquc.png
Limited quantity shop. everything is sold out. We need a bigger stock. Not that i wanted anything in there, but kinda wanted to know what that starter kit was. i may have got that just to find out what it was.

I am grateful for the event and hope there in more in the future. I love that color in the grass in the map, also amazing cave of what i got to see. Best cave i ever saw.

PS: sorry i typed so much stuff ::)
[/glow]

MeteoricMonkey9

I didn't find all those steps that hard, I think it was pretty fun! The maps look amazing and so vast! I am starting to go insane about the 40 digit code thingy, tried to convert to hex and/or numeric alphabet every sign, tried to get some weird codes from the projects names, like they meant poke numbers and I tried to get their base stats into 40 digits codes (I found quite a few fitting choices). That was ill. I feel ill. Let's go find some pokes, that would be nice!

Poisonivy

[glow=darkred]Well i dont have Awesome IV Shinny pokemon with Max EVs in the right places. i just have the normal or below avg pokemon and doing bad at that 1st NPC. So i wont get to go any farther in the quest line. But i can still go in the beginning of the cave so i guess thats ok. ^-^[/glow]

Animagus

PoisonIvy, I thank you for your feedback and for conveying to us your grievances.

We announced the event on forums and twitter immediately after it was released. A system message is also displayed each time you log into the game to tell you about the event. Furthermore, for the better part of the day, the game had at least 2-3 staff members active and assisting the players with the event quest. If you feel like there is anything that we missed out or should have added to create more awareness about the event, do let us know. :)

As for the move tutor, that's just a part of the game. Some are items are event exclusive while others you can keep for a while. There is a flamethrower TM in the limited quantity shop as well which might interest you.

As for the difficulty in finding other maps, the holodeck now has the words 'maps and 'event' on either side to avoid any confusion.

As far as the issue with the npc goes, I believe the levels are both fair and challenging. There must be a difference between fainting a few wild pokemon and defeating an NPC with a history as shown in the storyline. In PWO, we believe that is what makes the game interesting - overcoming challenges (as several players already have) instead of getting used to just going through the motions of an event.

The limited quantity shop is restocked periodically and the specific timings are mentioned in a board inside the pokemart.

I hope this covers your issues and once again, I'm glad that you admire the event maps.
Let us know if there's anything else we can improve. ^-^

Poisonivy

[glow=darkred]I finally beat that one NPC. Took 4 trys. i dont have the best pokemon but i got him with luck. The next NPC had lvl 100 also but i got threw that no problem some how. I think i just need more lvl 99 pokemon and ill be ok. ^-^ The lava cave place was amazing.
As for the last quest i was kinda mad cuz i had to do the Cerulean Cave Quest and it made me give up my Dragon Scale to get to the last floor so i could talk to Milos.....so sad...bye bye Dragon Scale :'(
Was a great event, had a bit of "lak of info" but i got threw it, with awesome people online in help chat. I need to get back to catching pokemons in event 8)
PS: i think Evil smiley dont work on forms ---> >:D
[/glow]

Poisonivy

[glow=darkred]Behold Torkoal
Tor_zpsq7pemn2g.png

Thanks for the event, love this new pokemon! ^-^[/glow]

DomT.

Youngster

Welcome to the game Poison,Great Event Staff,Very Good Spawns and Wonderful maps,Amazing Job Julia,Hey Staff Can you tell us when event is going to over, Is is possible to extend it to Wednesday?

Tmcm

The event was nice, but i bugged in last quest... :/
I talk with all rocks in CC and no card finding... and i already do it 2 times...

kirakaetzchen

I must say, I really like this small event. Tarvos and I searched for the scientists easily and got through the quests without problems. I got both NPC without shiny, rare or good iv pokemons. Tarvos needed a few runs, but it was ok.
I also like the story and the maps. Sadly I couldn't find any pokemon I was searching for until now, but we keep on searching.
Thanks for adding one pc in the vulcano for chaning pokemon. I found a little typo there - the "o" is missing:

Will the door to narnia open in the future?
Thanks for this event :)
Greeting~

Animagus

Thank you all for the feedback.

Tmcm, the item should definitely be there in one of the rocks of the cave. Some possible locations that i suggest re-checking, since they can be missed easily are- the separated areas in 2F, The rocks behind the ladders in 1F and the rocks of B1F if you havent checked those yet.'

kirakaetzchen, We have no plans to open Narnia. I'm afraid Pokemon is not compatible with CS Lewis' writings.

The event will end today. So complete your quests and hunt down your favorite event spawns while you can!

Mega.S

Very nice event ty for all work ;)

Tmcm

I found code card now in a rock in water close of Fishing Master idk that is possible stay in water... ty =)

Moze

The event is over :(
I did not complete this quest. :-[

Poisonivy

[glow=darkred]Event is still up. System still says to go start quest but i think a GM said they locked the quest because it was supposed to end already so someone might want to turn the text off. Its misleading. :-\[/glow]

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net

The event is closed to new players; however, those who already begin the quest have the rest of today to complete it before it is completely removed.

MeteoricMonkey9

Jinji said:
The event is closed to new players; however, those who already begin the quest have the rest of today to complete it before it is completely removed.

Thanks for the heads up and for hosting the event! :D