Want to expand your team?

DaSnowman

All right as you all know most max lvl teams you see the same 20 or 30 pokes most teams have at have at least 4 or 5 of the same ones so i decided id try this out and talk about a couple pokes that if you where trying to switch it up. im just going to put up prob the most overused of each type and a 2 or 3 pokes that you could possibly switch in to add a little flare to your team. Also im going to try to stay away from token pokes so i can try to make this available for everyone. i would also like any feedback if i dont believe people like this i may not continue. also remember these are my opinions. also if there is a type youd like me to address next please let me know.  ;)

Im only going to address one type at a time for now cuz this is kinda time consuming and want to know if people want to hear this first  :p .

First Is possibly the most one dimensional type

Fire
main poke
006.gif

059.gif

Arcanine-  A more balanced poke with base stats that actually surpass Char     
but more balanced not quite as much of a punch with spc attack and has a wide     
movset with Bite, Flamethrower,and takedown.

229.gif

Houndoom - coming in with a respectable 500 base stats what he lacks     
in his defensive stats he makes up by being able to deal killer blows with a slightly     
higher spc attk than char also a metagross killer even the best metas will fail     
against him. His ultimate downfall is his moveset only 2 formidable attacks crunch     
and flamethrower.

078.gif

Rapidash- my last of the 3 fire pokes is controversial as many know on     
pwo speed kills and with 105 base speed give him the title as fastest pwo usuable     
fire poke also fairly limited moveset but has access to the powerful fire blast to   
make up for his not so great Spec Attk.

thats all im am going to do for now please give me your opinions. id really appreciate it  :p

Alright im back again and gonna go at this a little different and see if you like this any better :)
i was asked to do psychic so here we go psychic  is a lil tougher to distinguish a main poke but i will establish the poke I feel i fight the most  which is

376.gif

Metagross used widely by most main battlers tough as nails and good spc atk only weakness is fire
metas are now the most viable slaking counter due to hammer arm which makes his uses even greater than before

Possible Substitutions

065.gif

Alakazam
used for his Great speed and Spc Atk he is a good battler and may be deserving of being widely used  myself though dislike how terribly he takes hits making him hard to rely on for a good sweeper if you need to gain momentum

196.gif

Espeon
is really another poke similar to alakazam with a high spd and high spc atk but I myself like his access to last resort making him a better possible sweeper than kazam but really in the same boat with his lack of good defense. His high Spd and spc atk can allow a quick take down for venus, any fighting or poison poke and can take down some larger foes such as Slaking making him a nice selection.

the next is my personal choice
282.gif

Gardevoir my personal preference is a little different from espy and kazam he sacrifices spd and makes up for it by being a special defense tank without sacrificing any in the means of spc atk his access to hypnosis can make him a pain as well and dreameater and psychic allow good special atks. garde can be a deadly opponent if hes not handled correctly he can take out multiple pokes and be a real pain (have been on both ends of this).

alright and that's my take on the psychic like last time i would like to hear your feedback and suggestions for next time :)

LunaticJames

Content maker
I use Ninetales for my fire type.

While it is not as powerful as Arcanine, nor Charizard, It still has a good speed stat, and good base Special defense to back that too.
And unlike Arcanine, it learns Fire blast, and even a psychic move (extrasensory).

I have yet to verse a Metagross with my Ninetales yet, but it can still take down [nobbc][/nobbc]Steelix with ease.

DaSnowman

Ninetailes was also a good choice for fire its sad a type such as fire is so dominated by Charizard. Magmar thyplosion,blazikein as well as the 3 i mentioned can all be added to a team and do very well

J

junktalk

Of course. Our rematch will arrive once I gain entrance into the dragon's den. I think only have a few more things to do.

>.<

To stay on topic, Charizard out shine all the other fire type Pokemon because of his possible moveset. With 2 STAB attack, dragon claw, and shadow claw, Charizard can hit anything for at least regular damage. Also Flare Blitz....120+STAB+super effective is just scary and 100% accuarcy....

Thus it outshines Arcanine and I like Arcanine over Charizard, same goes for Typhlosion. Houdoom is not as lucky as Charizard, but it is an option if it fits your team. Same goes with Ninetales. I do not know Blaziken's moveset in PWO so I cannot comment.

Overall Charizard is just a easy fit in the typical PWO team. Personally, I am a huge fan of switching Pokemon because it will change the metagame completely. If you played Pokemon Online before, you will understand. However, PWO cannot handle the switching thus leading to a simple rock, paper, scissor battling system.

Kaiko

Youngster
LunaticJames said:
I use Ninetales for my fire type.

While it is not as powerful as Arcanine, nor Charizard, It still has a good speed stat, and good base Special defense to back that too.
And unlike Arcanine, it learns Fire blast, and even a psychic move (extrasensory).

I have yet to verse a Metagross with my Ninetales yet, but it can still take down [nobbc][/nobbc]Steelix with ease.

I'm pretty sure my arcanine knows extrasensory... =p

ash.catchem

Youngster
I would like to have arcanine if chari not available, otherwise chari is one of my favorite pokes...
as arcanine is very fast also.
and if we see gen 5 moves, arcanine will be best, as it has flare blitz and crunch which is powerful for battles.

DaSnowman

also guys id like to know what you think about this thread and if you think i should continue adding to it and what type youd like to see next if so

LunaticJames

Content maker
Kaiko said:
CG hax
>.>
<.<

DaSnowman said:
also guys id like to know what you think about this thread and if you think i should continue adding to it and what type youd like to see next if so

Could be appropriate discussion imo to decide and agree on the best/over powered Pokemon for battles.
Put the fire Pokemon section into a spoiler tag, then I vote you move onto Psychic types if you feel the need for progression.

DaSnowman

thanks for your input Luna and ill begin some thoughts on psychic and if not alot of others request something else ill do it next :D

maadoo

i like this thread i think u should continue , also i think u should mention the uncatchables as there seems to be a lot of them these days:p

DaSnowman

hmm i may eventually add uncatchables but their are few that i know the pwo moveset  which is a big part in decision making i may eventually though thanks for your support any opinion on my next type to address id appreciate the input :D

xNovoxx

As long as you don't mislead people, I think the thread can be relatively useful, though you provide no analysis of them in a battling context.

I'd also suggest you rethink saying Arcanine has a "wide moveset" when only flamethrower is competitive move on him, and even that's questionable. Not to mention you forgot to list Extremespeed over Take Down.

You also should've listed much more competitive fire pokes such as ninetails, where its only downfall is the lack of accuracy fireblast has really, rather than rapidash which is completely useless.

Also, I suggest you completely ignore total base stats. Relatively irrelevant if its distribution isn't in the appropriate areas coupled with an amazing moveset.

Truthfully, I don't understand what you want this thread to be. If you want to shine light on pokes who are underused, you''ll need to provide evidence of their utility that far exceeds just stating base stats and movesets.

Hope this helped.

DaSnowman

hmm i see what you mean i should prob go into more detail and such i will apply more thought into my next additon. I really just want this thread to help give people ideas in changing their teams the ones that are tired of using more or less similar teams which is very widespread in this game. even i do it but really im just trying to help some people branch out and i do appreciate your input im not against a little constructive criticism. :D

Kaiko

Youngster
LunaticJames said:
Kaiko said:
CG hax
>.>
<.<

Lolololol.. Not really. I just noticed I failed though. I read what you said as extremespeed. But typed extrasensory... XD welp.

Nubness's time to shine <3~

Kaiko

Youngster
D: and I just failed again. Ah well, You all know what I mean. D;

ash.catchem

Youngster
hey what about magmar, everyone forgot about it, I think he is most powerful after charizard, dont you think..
If it could evolve to magmortar, it would be more great.
It has fire blast and hyper beam .

supriz

Youngster
Don't Forget (S)Crobat
It works as a life jacket sometimes due to its extreme speed
Crobat always says "Me 1st"
^_______^

ash.catchem

Youngster
supriz said:
Don't Forget (S)srobat
IT works as a life jacket sometimes due to its extreme speed
Crobat always says "Me 1st"
^_______^

Well i thought there was discussion about fire types here, so i gave magmar option.

And I think too since crenel updated crobat's moves set, with cross poison and air slash, it will be great, and due to its fast speed.
I would also like to give option for Golem, as it has very high def and high atk, with powerful attacks of earthquake and rock blast, he can kill anyone and all fire types+ dragonite too...
He can kill tyranitar with its earthquake..