Visual Critical?

Nikola

Youngster
I noticed dozens of time in battles when pokemons are fighting, sometimes they took more/less damage then a previous time. For example today my slaking got fainted by a 2 hydro pumps launched from starmie. Two battles before that he survived them both. Same pokemon, same owner and same stats. Same thing was with many other pokes in this tied cases. So is there any formula, a influence of something which affect that attack sometimes is more weak/powerful JJ?

G

IV, let me say "Gene" of the pokemon, which determines the Status Growth.
2 Hydro Pump you get and then You die.. Maybe the Starmie you fought has the Special Attack very high status growth which can differ certain point from the same level starmie which has low Status Growth...

Maybe, he got 2 starmies in his team?? Btw,.. How do you know if the stats are the same?

Nikola

Youngster
Numontia said:
IV, let me say "Gene" of the pokemon, which determines the Status Growth.
2 Hydro Pump you get and then You die.. Maybe the Starmie you fought has the Special Attack very high status growth which can differ certain point from the same level starmie which has low Status Growth...

Maybe, he got 2 starmies in his team?? Btw,.. How do you know if the stats are the same?
You did not bothered to read whole thing seems so. There are some unofficial rules in battles like "no doubles". It is the same pokemon and the same stats. Since i assume not only me saw this issue in battles that is why I am posting it public.

Glaceon01

Banned
I get your point, I think you're saying there's a "critical hit" system, but it never tells you if you've critically hit a pokemon or have been critically hit..I'm not sure the system exists in the game for all we know that can be random...a glitch or anything, but you'd have to talk to a staff member about it in further detail.

G

OK,.. First Thing First,.. I didn't know the unofficial Rules about PvP...
Since, people didn't answer my question in webIRC chat system, then I assumed that PvP has only 2 rules. It's"No Switching!" and "No DC if you're going to lose"

Well,.. I don't think "Critical hit" is already implemented. I would say that it is some kind of formula that is randomized.. for example: you take the damage an actual X from let's say "Hydro Pump" Formula . But, The system will random the damage you get between X - 3 until X + 3, for example.

I didn't have prove of this.. but based on my handheld experience..

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
I'm gonna be honest and say I have no idea what the answer is either. I've heard mixed responses on if there are critical hits or not.

ash.catchem

Youngster
I know it very well, when I battled lots of lvl 5 pokemons PvP, then I saw there is random hits, sometime more, and sometime less.... and this is true, I dont know whether that is intentional or a glitch... :)
So the amount of HP lost do vary... even if same pokemons, same owner, same stats...
Hope this helps

Nikola

Youngster
Sometimes this can be a very critical situation in vital PvP battles. To make easy sometimes same pokemon with same stats etc OhKO a certain poke and sometimes not. I noticed sometimes pokemon is left by a mostly 6 hp points sometimes 1point etc and however sometimes got killed. That makes me wonder is there any occasion, coded command or a random situation when some poke have larger/smaller attacking force, since I am sure it must have values coded when that mini event occurs.

Glaceon01

Banned
I think we can all agree it's randomized..if it were any other case I'm sure devs would have implemented text saying you have critically hit or critically been hit.

Sparrow777

There should be a random multiplier between [0,85-1.00], like in the original games.

Glaceon01

Banned
Well, why don't you guys make a post demanding it..instead of asking about if it's there.

Well, why don't you? because it doesn't matter much to me.

naliorf333

Youngster
[glow=#bf0000]i heard once that there's a critical hit in this game but there's no message that u made a critical hit,.i dont know if thats true[/glow]

Glaceon01

Banned
naliorf333 said:
[glow=#bf0000]i heard once that there's a critical hit in this game but there's no message that u made a critical hit,.i dont know if thats true[/glow]
We already discussed this, there's no message so we don't know if there's actually a critical hit system or something that just happens, but in my opinions based upon the evidence I'd like to believe there is.

Dovee

Youngster
There is a range of damage. The same pokemon can attack the same opponent with the same move over and over and it will inflict a range of damage. As for that range I do not know.

Nikola

Youngster
Dovee said:
There is a range of damage. The same pokemon can attack the same opponent with the same move over and over and it will inflict a range of damage. As for that range I do not know.

That range is a 1st thing why i started this topic since sometimes can be really annoying like max speeds battle. Im very curious about that range, what affects it is there any way to know when minimal or maximum attack value will occur.

Dovee

Youngster
Darcia said:
Dovee said:

That range is a 1st thing why i started this topic since sometimes can be really annoying like max speeds battle. Im very curious about that range, what affects it is there any way to know when minimal or maximum attack value will occur.

There is no way to know.