Venture Forth into the Occult...[Event] CLOSED

Rigaudon

Youngster
This event has concluded and is no longer open to the public.

As the sites of the largest hauntings of Ghost Pokémon in the Kanto and Johto regions, Ecruteak City and Lavender Town have become home to a great deal of spiritualist beliefs; and many Trainers reside in or near the town who obsess over these spooky spirits and devote themselves to learning more of their ways. As part of their dedication, every November 18th, the Channelers, Psychics and mystical men all celebrate Occult day, a day dedicated to all sorts of mystery and spooky superstitions.

This year, however, a strange occurrence has interrupted the party. Everyone is concerned over the sudden appearance of numerous Psychic Pokémon in the towns, who all seem to be in dire distress; but despite much chatter, no-one seems to understand what the problem may be. The Pokémon are begging for strong trainers to help them, beckoning them to come with them to Mikaruge Village - but where is this location they are talking about? What is happening there that makes all those Pokémon appear so suddenly and request outside help? And why would Psychic Pokémon surface on an evening dedicated to Ghost Pokémon? There are many questions, but few answers... dare you answer the Psychic Pokémon's call?

Please check Jinji's latest post, below, for an update to this event and the official end date announcement.

MeteoricMonkey9

Re: Venture Forth into the Occult...at your own Risk! [Event

Thank you so much for yet another amusing event! :D Loving the tombstone quotes hahaha. Speaking of which just run into this little function argument call error or something I'm guessing.

6GHEPwK.png

parquettistapazzo

Youngster

thank you for the event! can't figure something out though... I have caught misdreavus and gastly and taugth them Shadow Ball via TM. It seems it doesn't work for the npc who asked me that. Is it a bug or the quest is asking something else?

Spideh

You need to do all 3 parts of the quest to proceed ;)

parquettistapazzo

Youngster

ok, i thought i already did the other parts, maybe i missed something. i'll double check, thank you!

vgeo

MeteoricMonkey9 said:
Thank you so much for yet another amusing event! :D Loving the tombstone quotes hahaha. Speaking of which just run into this little function argument call error or something I'm guessing.

6GHEPwK.png
My favorite was the b1-b2 on the other graveyard. I got that error too. I closed the game and after a few hours i searched the graves again. found the key on a different grave.

forestguardian

So what Pokemon can i catch besides meowth, gastly and misdreavus......

EDIT! Ok i caught duskul, poochyena, nincada.

C.Ronaldo01

The event is awesome thnx to all the staffs for update..... i think the next update is coming soon...! :)

humanplus

I'm so loving this event. I got 2 Spiritombs, Dustox, epic Dusclops and Murkrows. :) Done with the quests as well with NO errors at all. Thank you so much and More Power PWO staff!

C.Ronaldo01

Any fix date of event how much it long?

Electrofreak

Cool event, nice niche battle poke spawns but nothing overpowered or centralizing to the metagame. Spiritomb returning gives people the chance to give nasty plot to their mismagius's too. Ninjask will teach players about baton passing, and when Shedinja works it will teach them about secondary damage forms to overcome it.

This is a cool event for PVE and those who like that, but it is also relevant to the battle community in a meaningful way without being overbearing for new players later on who missed it.

This is a great event because it hits all the things it needs to:
1. keeps long-term balance in mind (no random OP stuff coming in that lets people steamroll players who didn't get to play this event.)
2. PVE player enjoyment and immersion
3. PVP nuance to a (currently) stale metagame
4. educates the community to battling concepts by putting unique pokemon in circulation.

Sylpharionz

Overall it's a good event well done, great job! :)

Poisonivy

Occult seems like a late Halloween event witch is what im calling it. Very happy about having one even if it was late.

I had trouble on the quest tho. Where the girl says go get keystone, fight 4 bandits, get 2 ghost pokemon that know shadowball....i think there was another quest but forgot if there was. Anyways. took awile to get keystone cuz i couldnt find a pokemon that knows dig. i had to go buy a pokemon from mart that knows it and cost me 500k. way over priced but i needed it. No idea if there was a NPC that had a dig TM if so i did not see one. came back to game later and NPC told me i needed the ghost pokemon that know shadowball and thats it. thats all she told me i had to do. i got them and she told me i still needed to get them. i thought the quest was glitched and i gave up on the quest. next day i find out that u need to fight the 4 bandits then talk to her with keystone and ghost poikemon. She should have said i needed to fight the bandits as well as the other stuff. She only said it at the beginning. Talk to her again and she only says you need the ghost pokemon. I seen a few others have the same problem. Most likely they left game came back and forgot about the bandits or they skiped the text witch isint smart lol. This NPC neds to say go get keystone and bandits and ghost pokemon when you re talk to her not just ghost pokemon. Also you need a NPC that has a dig TM or one that can be found easyer, cuz i didnt find one and blew 500k....sad.

As for the labyrinth to get this shadow orb, was way to easy also i hate them labyrinths. that gym that has a labyrinth i hate as well. hate hate hate lol. a teleport one would had been better IMO. Also i have no idea what shadow orb even does so i only did it once. then i think 2 days later someone said you could get event vouchers for them, witch made me mad cuz i skiped a day. cuz it didnt tell me what it was for. and now some people are saying thats not ture and bla bla bla. Also when i found out /list was gone i almost killed myself j/k. But yes. that was not kool at all getting rid of /list. the only reason im not mad about it now is becuase cyy5113 was kind enough to post the pokemon in fourms. i copy and pasted them in word so i had it at all times. Here is link for anyone who needs it.

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=37094

way to much trouble. I know what you people was trying to do tho. trying to get people to talk to each other. but its not really a big conversation about it. its like: hey where is this pokemon? __: its in the village. end of conversation. not much going on there, and if know one answers then person is left sad. its better to just have /list. tho if it was to much trouble to put /list in the event map id understand. also /list tells me what part of map im in. i had trouble finding places cuz it only tells you for like a half a sec when entering the map. then if you missed it and try to go back and fouth to re read it, it dont show again.
And Mikaruge Village was only at the end. everything ells was more like a dark gloomy forest.
The NPCs that trade for masks has other items and i dont know what they do. The NPC needs to tell you what the items do or someone does.

As for the map, who ever made it did great work. there was a ton to explore. Great job on picking the pokemon for each of the areas. Loved the houses in Mikaruge Village and blood fountains that was around. The miley cyrus joke sucked because when i talked to the NPC it never stoped and i had to relog to make it stop. funny tell that happned. I really liked starting inside a cave and then im in some house witch turned out to be a tower and then i left and was in a dark forest, that was amazing. Reminded me of resident evil. Also i love the pumpkin mask, very happy i got one. Was very easy to get and here i would have traded all my pokemon for it O:)

I like the event ^-^

parquettistapazzo

Youngster

I had trouble on the quest tho. Where the girl says go get keystone, fight 4 bandits, get 2 ghost pokemon that know shadowball....i think there was another quest but forgot if there was. Anyways. took awile to get keystone cuz i couldnt find a pokemon that knows dig. i had to go buy a pokemon from mart that knows it and cost me 500k. way over priced but i needed it. No idea if there was a NPC that had a dig TM if so i did not see one. came back to game later and NPC told me i needed the ghost pokemon that know shadowball and thats it. thats all she told me i had to do. i got them and she told me i still needed to get them. i thought the quest was glitched and i gave up on the quest. next day i find out that u need to fight the 4 bandits then talk to her with keystone and ghost poikemon. She should have said i needed to fight the bandits as well as the other stuff. She only said it at the beginning. Talk to her again and she only says you need the ghost pokemon. I seen a few others have the same problem. Most likely they left game came back and forgot about the bandits or they skiped the text witch isint smart lol. This NPC neds to say go get keystone and bandits and ghost pokemon when you re talk to her not just ghost pokemon. Also you need a NPC that has a dig TM or one that can be found easyer, cuz i didnt find one and blew 500k....sad.

If those are still problems for someone, I suggest to try talking to NPCs (one of them is selling dig & shadowball TMs).
This NPC is located
just north of the quest NPC girl, in the refuge

As for the quest NPC, i didn't have problems (every time i talked to her she told me every detail i needed to comlete the quest, so maybe it's a bug someone got

I too have found the labyrinths too easy to solve

EDIT: the limited quantity shop NPC on the top floor of the tower isn't working for me. Is it right, or is it a bug?

Goku-

how long is the event on for?

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator

There is no set date for the end of the event. However we will notify players at least 5 days before its end.

Goku-

HitmonFonty said:
There is no set date for the end of the event. However we will notify players at least 5 days before its end.

Alright, thank you :)

Relicanth

Youngster
Game Editor

Due my absence I hadnt time to implement the Limited Shop however the npc is fully coded at Jibakura Tower 7F now. Check out the sign with the restock shedule for references.

humanplus

Are we expecting different limited items per day?

Relicanth

Youngster
Game Editor

This Limited shop isnt like the one Gardevior brought to us months ago (Aka exclusive items) just known items with discount. Im planning to swap ev vitamins with something else per restock but thats not a guarantee thing.