Utility Items

ABDisback

Youngster
Hey there peeps

I was training a Pokemon in cerulean cave but was of constant fear to move up to 1F, the reason being i was afraid a S kadabra or electrode that might show up n teleport/self-destruct respectively. In general scenarios it will be best suited to keep a poke that can spore/mean look but for it to happen it must be the party leader which wasn't the case  since i was training something which didn't had any moves or spd to stop them from running away/killing themselves.

For such instances it would be very useful to have items that can bind/make them sleep and save players from a trauma. I'm not sure if we have any such utility items but if we do (sorry i have always played in patches so might have missed on crucial updates) please tell me about them n where i can find them since i cant find any reference on wiki.

Thank you for reading this, there might be mistakes with English n writing(first time in years i wrote so much except for leave application :p) please ignore them n do share your views

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Remember moves are randomised so at the higher levels you find them in Cerulean Cave they have at least a dozen moves each to choose from, so they may not even have those moves and if they do may not use them before you catch them.

My first thought about the item you are suggesting is that it would be quite a powerful artifact for any game, to force the opposing monster to sleep and be completely defenseless? Even if you had a leading pokemon that could spore the pokemon it could still wake and move the next turn if you failed you first throw- it wouldn't guarantee a catch- and an item like that would be remove any use for pokemon trained specifically for catching pokemon also.

Shiny!Midou~

Youngster
actually ther's no items for that purpose yet but it is good idea you may write it in Suggestion part and hope we get this cool item :)

Rigaudon

Youngster
Might want to keep something with damp or shadow tag abilities. :) They'd be a lot cheaper than any utility items, though I do like the sound of those as maybe a luxury item for deflation, event or maybe TS item. HMMM.
Wonder what other staff think.

ABDisback

Youngster
Rigaudon said:
Might want to keep something with damp or shadow tag abilities. :) They'd be a lot cheaper than any utility items, though I do like the sound of those as maybe a luxury item for deflation, event or maybe TS item. HMMM.
Wonder what other staff think.

What i had in mind was an item that might be dropped from killing off shines in wild, hopefully  that would keep bats n rats population in check :p