Using Ditto for Breeding

Zooks

Would be cool if you could use a Ditto and for example, a Rhyperior to breed, reverting the Rhyperior back into a lvl 5 Rhyhorn. You can do this in handhelds as well, but I think the IV's need to stay the same. Maybe have it so the Ditto is lost in the process thus providing SOME value to this currently worthless pokemon. I think it would provide a solution to hard ev reset, have a way for people to undo the mistake of leveling a lvl 99 Dragonair :-[ , or if you just plain prefer a pre evolution poke to its final form. Thoughts and criticism are very much welcome!

Electrofreak

10/10 implement this please.

Edit: This also helps people who have had their pokemon wrongfully evolved into the improper form by a daycare person, or someone who realized that they made a mistake early on.

Pretentious

This is the best suggestion I've seen regarding "breeding" in a Pokémon MMO. As you mentioned, you can fix so many problems that players face with their Pokémon. Hope to see PWO step up and implement this original idea.

Zooks

BrownCactus said:
No breeding, no.

You do know we have a form of "breeding" via egg moves already right? This has nothing to do with the duplication of pokemon or creation of a pokemon resulting in new ivs. This is merely just a pokemon level and evolution "reset", similar to berries reducing evs. Maybe read it a little better than looking at the word "breed" and stating your opinion.

BrownCactus

Hey Zook!
Tell you what. Wanting to make a Ditto the main dude in the hood is okay but wanting any form of breeding in PWO is a no go. Any type of poke alteration is not viable. There is a healthy way of how one obtains a poke, simply by doing effort. Breeding/cloning/duping pokes and anything related to IVs is just as bad. If you are to breed one poke monthly then I am all up for it.

Zooks

Sorry man, but I think you are 100% totally misunderstanding what I was describing. When I was using the word breeding, I did not mean to create a new poke out of thin air, that would be silly in a pokemon MMO setting, since it totally negates the need to hunt them entirely. We already have a "form" of breeding using egg move tutors. Basically what that means is you can take one pokemon, and teach another pokemon its move without creating a new pokemon at all.

This is what I'm suggesting when you "combine" a ditto with another pokemon. Basically you are using the ditto to transform your select pokemon BACK into a lvl 5 pre evolution form of that pokemon. IV's stay the same. No "new" pokemon is created - it's just the same one you had before, but back to baby form. Let me know if you still don't understand what I mean.

*edit*
The main problem I'm trying to address is that some pokemon in this game are just too rare and too valuable, and when someone makes a mistake with them, they can be permanently ruined. This can completely fixed that, as well as providing additional bonuses like if you enjoy leveling your favorite pokes, or making the option to add an Eviolite to your poke. Other example of pokemon alteration that we already have in this game because of how hard some pokes are to get: Moveset changing via Playedex/Berries/Egg Moves.

BrownCactus

Reminds me on de-evolution spray suggestion. Someone failed and they evolved their poke so now wants to de-evolve. In any case, I only saw such thing in TCG so I am little bit vary on that one. However, soon as the pokes are not being mass reproduced im up for it.

Pretentious

With this suggestion, Ditto also becomes important to the game. The real use for Dittos in the handhelds are for breeding, so giving them a purpose with this suggestion makes another reason (and another spot) for players to hunt.

Also, taking creative ideas from your community helps improve staff/player relations. Staff may have their reasons as to why they don't want to implement this, but hopefully it'll be coming to an Online Pokemon game sometime soon.