Transition from the Kanto to Johto

JanCoverGJ

Help me move to another location! I have collected all 8 icons, and I can't go further to Johto!

Klay

Youngster
You first need to beat the Elite 4 and its Champion before having access to the 2nd region (it's west of Viridian, the northern guy in the big building)
NPCs on Victory Road will also help you to get some annoying rocks butt-kicked, don't forget to talk to them

JanCoverGJ

You first need to beat the Elite 4 and its Champion before having access to the 2nd region (it's west of Viridian, the northern guy in the big building)
NPCs on Victory Road will also help you to get some annoying rocks butt-kicked, don't forget to talk to them
The bottom line is that no quest starts in this location, it doesn't let me go anywhere, because it says that I need 16 badges!
In the cave, which is in the same building, I cannot advance, because everything is covered with stones !!!

thunderclap

Youngster
Talk to the NPCs near those stones, specifically the guy in a lab coat. They will send you on an errand (to Cinnabar Island) to raise a machop. Machop must be fully evolved with max happiness, then you can get Rock Smash and advance thru Victory Road.