Trade Evolution Bug (Mar 23, 2015)

Dolphins72

This morning I tried to evolve my Scyther into Scizor while he was holding a Metal Coat. Tried every method I could find around these forums and the wiki. Kept him in the first slot and tried:
*An empty trade
*Trading 1 Pokedollar each
*An actual trade of said Pokemon
*Gaining EXP after the empty trade
*Gaining a level after the trade

Just about every method you can find around these forums and the wiki and elsewhere. None of it is working and I cannot get him to evolve.
Any known issues with this at the moment?

Teesel

But you know you don't need to trade to evolve Scyther into Scizor? You should just click on Metal Coat in your backpack and choose Scyther and it evolves.

Dolphins72

It's not like a stone. It has to be held (as that is the only option given anyway) then traded while it is being held.
qjbPVCI.jpg

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Held items are still a new thing here. Pokemon that usually evolve with an item in trade still evolve just by using the item on that pokemon without trading it.

Dolphins72

Alright. I got it. Don't know how I never tried that, and even accidentally tried that.

But more than that, why none of the vets I asked (some saying they've been playing 2+ years) didn't even know that and stood there and tried to help me forever.
Shouldn't this be at least in the wiki or basic information we can grab somewhere, if even people who have been around a long time don't even know how to make this stuff work? I'd be more than willing to help edit the wiki to clear up things like this as I am coming across them.

Regardless, thanks for the help. :)