Toxic Troll

nemo55

Hello PWO Gamers,

I submitted this message to Shane's Change Log and decided to post on General PWO Talk so more of you guys are aware about this...

I just want to report a move that seems to be really bugged in battles for whatever reason at the moment. Toxic is the move of discussion here. For example I was battling my dear friend Fadoka. He started with a Tyranitar, I started with Umbreon. I hit him with a Toxic, he responded with a Rock Slide I believe...then suddenly that move only took off 5 HP off my Umbreon, the bad poison was effecting my Umbreon and not his Tyrantitar..eventually my Umbreon died somehow and it dragged along Tyranitar with it. :eek:

Another example is when I faced Darcia, I began with Umbreon, he began with his S Dragonite from HELL. I chose the move "toxic" obviously he through in a few dragon dances while toxic took its effects properly...as my Umbreon had no chance it fainted and Dragonite was victorious, then I took out Lapras, chose the move Ice Shard, killing off that Dragonite, but the thing is...that badly poisoned Dragonite, dragged along my Lapras too and made it faint. It seems as though bad poison also works like a destiny bond ability.. :eek:

Toxic move needs URGENT FIXING! I don't know how things all of a sudden got F'd up but it seems to have all changed since the 2 day downtime..Shane feel free to visit BlaZe xat chat or even test battle with one of us so you can witness this. Thanks!! :D

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
None of the moves have been touched during the downtime. I'll have a look into it if you hear nothing back from Shane in the next few hours.

nemo55

Bluerise said:
None of the moves have been touched during the downtime. I'll have a look into it if you hear nothing back from Shane in the next few hours.

Okay thanks. :)

I also want to note, if any of you guys encounter this issue, please respond here. Share your story, supplement the topic with screenshots/video. So that it can be further analyzed..

Aingaran47

Not to mention The battles We had Nemo... We had 2 battles and both the time i used Sludge Bomb.. And nemo's Poke Got Poison and fainted, and it also Ko'd My gengar both the times.. And I also had a battle with the other guy yesterday.. he used Fire punch on my meta my meta got burned and i killed his poke with next move.. but the next poke he selected was affected by the BUG.. he used Thunderbolt.. meta died and since my meta was affected my burn.. it also Ko'd his Jolt while fainting

So, guys fix it as soon as u can.. cuz.. we are already frustrated because Outrage and Aquatail misses like it has 50% acc.. and on top of that Toxic & other Stat issues seriously trolls the battle..!

nemo55

Yeah..among all that havoc above, I just tested on a wild battle and check this out LOL!

4PNNxGN.png

The picture says it all..

Instead of toxic damaging that Spearow the bad poison effected my Umbreon and took off a whopping 301HP off my Umbreon lvl 99 against a lvl 15 Spearow... '-'

Tha-Kram

lol, you post it in here and Blue is the 1st on to react
Fiona and I posted the same problem yesterday in the support section, and no reaction from the staff there

Fiona's first:
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=32782

My thread (including wrong theory):
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=32788

it looks like its a visual bug with the poison status, only when you hit 0 it becomes real and your pokemon actually faints

nemo55

Tha_Kram said:
lol, you post it in here and Blue is the 1st on to react
Fiona and I posted the same problem yesterday in the support section, and no reaction from the staff there

Fiona's first:
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=32782

My thread (including wrong theory):
http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=32788

it looks like its a visual bug with the poison status, only when you hit 0 it becomes real and your pokemon actually faints

Ya..unfortunately General PWO Talk gets the most attention. This is why I posted here along with the post I made in Shane's Change Logs..

And yes, it seems to be the poison status move, not just "toxic'. With that being said, anything that can poison will bug a battle..

Nikola

Youngster
Here is the video when said issue occurred. He also kept attacking with Lapras while Tauros was the one he saw on his end.

[yt]L0IBJtuklqo[/yt]

Here is the video when I was about to win battle and he had to disconnect due to missing Pokemon, even thought on my end it says that there is one more left. Hope it helps. Cheers.

[yt]hocN4ivK4-s[/yt]

Zywa-Torpeda

Well, as i told you on b channel, i battled with PDavis yesterday. He used toxic with his milotic, my kingdra was poisoned, but both of pokes started to die slwoly. Then pokemon changing made same bug as in your battle with Darci, i saw snorlax but he put Drago, and when he used eg Dragon Dance, he was attacking me with Giga Impact.

Stevie

I just experienced the same bug. You can't really tell what happened with the screenshot but when the Machop was hurt by poison, Koffing lost just about all of his HP.

Screenshot that doesn't really prove anything: http://prntscr.com/3rigjd

Nikola

Youngster
KPyppo said:
not sure if rhis is somehow related however as far as i know venomoth is not inmune to electric attacks http://prntscr.com/3rii89
Thats normal. Venomonth has the ability called Shield Dust. It negates any secondary effects that might come with the move. You would get the same message if that was Zap Cannon or Inferno or any other move that might cause condition. Then again I might be wrong, but I think thats it.

The-Predator

Youngster
Darcia said:
KPyppo said:
not sure if rhis is somehow related however as far as i know venomoth is not inmune to electric attacks http://prntscr.com/3rii89
Thats normal. Venomonth has the ability called Shield Dust. It negates any secondary effects that might come with the move. You would get the same message if that was Zap Cannon or Inferno or any other move that might cause condition. Then again I might be wrong, but I think thats it.

So now some pokemon has abilities while other dont??, (Hmm) nice advantage (smirk)

Tha-Kram

my first thought was also that abilities may be related, but I checked it with the other pokemon used in battles
and my conclusion is that it is not related, just a coincidence

nemo55

Tha_Kram said:
my first thought was also that abilities may be related, but I checked it with the other pokemon used in battles
and my conclusion is that it is not related, just a coincidence

It is known that Shane is working on abilities, he has tested a few to see how it would work in-game. I don't think its a coincidence...since there is a topic in PWO Speculations which I made...where it shows Psyduck with a working ability, Damp. Sooo it leads me to believe that Venomoth was experimented on too. I'm sure few more pokes which we are unaware of...

View Topic: http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=33821

Tha-Kram

my conclusion is that it is not the ability of the pokemon used in those battles
maybe Shane messed something else (related to abilities) up in general

BTW, I've heard some1 had the same issue with the BURN status
the bug killed him instead of him killing the bug ;)

G

For the record, i didnt mess anything..

My code had been ctrl-z as i just noticed. Possibly by accedent.
This will be now fixed upon restart.