Topic about META Teams ( OU Teams and OU Pokemons )

xPecT

This topic is to discuss Meta teams ( Overly used teams ).

After all the modifications , with the implementation of EVs, the fix of a lot of moves and even abilities added, the PvP system on PWO suffered a lot of changes.
Teams that were viable 2 months ago are not viable now. And pokemons that we were seeing 1 time per 50 battles are now used frequently.

I'll make a list of overly used pokemons. Feel free to tell me to add more . Most of them are missing since im not battling lately.
PS: I'd like opinions on overly used teams too.

Every opinions will be taken into consideration as i keep modifying this topic to help PWO users to construct a good team and do not make an innapropriate use of their money.
Opinions of veterans will be taken into account .
And opinions of the best PvPers will be highly regarded. Please share your thoughts with me.

OU Pokemons

Vaporeon (EVs - to be discussed ) (Handheld item: Leftovers )
Jolteon (EVs - to be discussed ) (Handheld item: Razor Claw )
Electivire (EVs - to be discussed ) (Handheld item: Razor Claw )
Snorlax (EVs - to be discussed ) (Handheld item: Leftovers )
Skarmory (EVs - to be discussed ) (Handheld item: Leftovers )
Swampert (EVs - to be discussed ) (Handheld item: Leftovers )
Tyranitar (EVs - to be discussed ) (Handheld item: Leftovers )
Weavile (EVs - to be discussed ) (Handheld item: Razor Claw )
Gyarados (EVs - to be discussed ) (Handheld item: Razor Claw )
Dragonite (EVs - to be discussed ) (Handheld item: to be discussed )
Metagross (EVs - 252hp/252atk ; 252atk/252spd ) (Handheld item: Leftovers / Razor Claw )
Gliscor (EVs - 252hp/252def ; 252hp/252atk ; 252hp / 48def / 208spd; 252atk/252spd; 252hp/252spd ) (Handheld item: Leftovers / Razor Claw )
Kingdra (EVs - 252atk/252spd ; 252hp/252sp atk[agility on moves] ) (Handheld item: Leftovers / Razor Claw )
Gallade (EVs - 252hp/252atk ; 252hp/252sp def ; 252hp/252spd ) (Handheld item: Razor Claw )
Salamence (EVs - 252atk/252spd ; 252sp atk/252spd ; mixed offense/252spd ) (Handheld item: Razor Claw )
Porygon2 (EVs - 252hp/252def ; 252hp/252sp def ; 252hp/mixed defense ; 252hp/252sp atk ) (Handheld item: Leftovers)
Mismagius (EVs - 252sp atk/252spd) (note:like a gengar with thunderwave support) (Handheld item: Razor Claw)
Gengar (EVs - 252sp atk/252spd) (Handheld item: Razor Claw)
Togekiss (EVs - 252hp/252def ; 252hp/252sp def ; 252hp/252spd ; 252sp atk/252hp ; 252sp atk/252spd) (Handheld item: Leftovers / Razor Fang)
Starmie (EVs - 252hp/mixed defense ; 252hp/252sp atk ; 252sp atk/252spd) (Handheld item: Leftovers / Razor Claw)
Froslass (EVs - 252hp/252spd ; 252sp atk/252spd) (Handheld item: Razor Claw / Leftovers)
Arcanine (EVs - near infinite spreads possible) (Handheld item: Leftovers / Razorclaw)
Espeon (EVs - 252hp/252spd ; 252sp atk/252spd) (Handheld item: Leftovers)

OU Teams

None yet

Tendou

I have nothing at all to discuss actually (because I dont battle lv 99 due the lack of tiers and held items required for that something thats subject to change in future). One of my main concerns is about battlers in pwo ain't even aware what you are really talking about because they dont play Nintendo battles (or showdown battles as we can take consideration that because it is a battle simulator). They aren't even aware what kind of hidden power some hidden power users must have in order to fit the team (plus unaware whose hidden power users are), we recently got a Hidden Power Checker NPC at big marts (where you buy TMs) to let you know what kind of hidden power you pokemon may have so you can set your HP attackers even before when the TM arrives, making you to do not lose time for training that pokemon.

Anyways, even if I do not battle lv 99 at all that doesn't mean I never did. Ive recently got a nice combo for Kangaskhan but the bad part is: Shes UU in general and not OU unless if shes UO here so I will be glad to share my opinions about her if you want.

Besides that, due Tyranitar being able to get a sudden boost from sandstorm, every pokemon with sand veil may be UO for pwo soon as they can counter ice , water and electric pokemons easily now (they were pretty useless before) and can only have their boost broken if another weather condition is placed or if someone uses a move with no accuracy (and thats grants a little counter compared with negating the weather).

I heard people were using Scizor in wrong way for this game (using baton pass in a non passer user) so it is something you can add to your list. And finally using Yanmega and Venomoth like they should be, baton passers.

BrownCactus

You know what happens when reserve tire gets flat? Anyway, such listing could be useable for newer players. However, from what I noticed a lot of those you named are done half arsed or wrong. I would wait for a little more to have those moves working.

Electrofreak

The following are all viable and strong competitors within PWO that are not currently on your list. A lot of these are not seen that often due to the pokemon not being widely popular or available at competitive levels but are nonetheless viable.

To be entirely blunt, the majority of the PWO community only knows offense/speed due to the nature of the past few years. EVs have opened up a lot of variability to sets. Most of these have been tested personally by me/HOF69/JD/LeroyGarcia collectively or are sets we would be comfortable running in tournament settings.

Missing pokemon from OU tier in PWO meta:

Metagross @leftovers/razor claw
1.252hp/252 atk 2.52atk/252spd

Gliscor @ leftovers
1.252hp/252def 2.252hp/252atk 3. 252hp/48def/208sp def 4.252atk/252spd 5.252hp/252spd

Kingdra @ leftovers/razor claw
1.252atk/252spd 2. 252hp/252sp atk W/ agility

Gallade
1.252hp/252 atk 2.252hp/252 sp def 3. 252hp/252spd

Salamence @razor claw
1.252atk/252spd 2.252spatk/252spd 3.mixed offense/252spd

Porygon2 @leftovers
1.252hp/252 def 2.252hp/252spdef 3.252hp/mixed def 4.252hp/252 spatk

Mismagius (think gengar with thunderwave support) @ razor claw
1.252 sp atk/252spd

Gengar @razor claw
1.252spatk/252spd

Togekiss @ leftovers/razor fang
1.252hp/252def 2.252hp/252spdef 3.252hp/252spd 4.252spatk/252hp 5.252spatk/252spd

Starmie @leftovers/razor claw
1.252hp/split def 2.252hp/252spatk 3.252spatk/252spd

Froslass @ razor claw/leftovers
1.252hp/252spd 2.252spatk/252spd

Arcanine @ leftovers/razor claw
near infinite spreads possible

Espeon @leftovers
1.252hp/252spd 2.252spatk/252spd

BrownCactus

Too many Leftovers and razor claws. Kindgra with Razor claw and Sniper ability could be possibly used. Swift Swim Kindgra runs Waterfall. Espeon with leftovers could be used but then again it lacks of Magic Bounce and abilities in general. Porygon2 often goes with Eviolite and Gengar is to be used with Black Sludge or in some rare cases with leftovers and specs and always Timid. However there are no natures yet I guess and Some of these items lacks purpose. It is indeed useable to come up with guide like this. I hope it will be updated properly as they introduce the changes.

Electrofreak

BrownCactus said:
Too many Leftovers and razor claws. Kindgra with Razor claw and Sniper ability could be possibly used. Swift Swim Kindgra runs Waterfall. Espeon with leftovers could be used but then again it lacks of Magic Bounce and abilities in general. Porygon2 often goes with Eviolite and Gengar is to be used with Black Sludge or in some rare cases with leftovers and specs and always Timid. However there are no natures yet I guess and Some of these items lacks purpose. It is indeed useable to come up with guide like this. I hope it will be updated properly as they introduce the changes.

The list is being written for items we currently have in-game. This should be obvious.

For now it is extremely limited but it will open up later on. Example would be toxic orb for gliscor with poison heal but I don't expect that to be a priority any time soon.

xPecT

Indeed. I want this topic updated only with moves / abilities / handheld items that are currently available and working.
As the fixes continue to be made we keep updating this.

This is intended to be a PWO OU list at first. Ofc it's much different from the nintendo pokemon games but as we continue to have fixes and if the natures are implemented and more handheld items are available i expect to start to be closer and closer to the originals.

Anyway we are in the hands of the developers, but lately they are doing a very good work.

I'll update with ur suggestion Electrofreak. Thanks a lot for sharing.

Everyone is free to discuss the OU list and why some should be or not be in this list and the nature of EVs.

P.S: I would like some help in the EVs of the ones that already are in the list but don't have EVs posted .