Token Store Shiny Odds (unofficial PSA)

thunderclap

Youngster
TS Shiny Odds are roughly 1 in 80* on average, when you purchase the shiny chance bonus. Zero chance if you don't get the bonus.

* It's random, meaning you could get a shiny on your first try, or it could take hundreds of tries if you're unlucky. There are no guarantees and zero mercy. Shiny hunting in the Token Store is NOT recommended whatsoever and generally has a horrible return on investment. To maximize earnings you'd usually be much better off selling tokens to other players for Pd and buying what you want directly.

Fine print/disclaimer:
Any donations are strictly donations, and the tokens received are a gift and not a purchase. PWO is and has always been strictly nonprofit; any excess donations beyond server costs are given to charity.

The 1 in 80 figure comes from my own data and is unofficial/inexact, but is probably fairly accurate.

Isguros

Youngster
This is a snippet of PWO's 2013 stats Infogram. Going of these numbers there's about a 1 in 62 chance of getting a shiny on average, but there's a good possibility that the odds might have changed from then, since it's been nearly a decade ago.

Capture.PNG

If you're wondering about the rest of the stats, here you go.

justme1306

Youngster
I wish it was 1 in 80 for me... Im not going to say how many turtwigs I've done with not finding a shiny still. Aron took over 100 as well.
welp if 1/80 is true even if you buy 100 or 200 doesnt mean you will get one - its how odds works