Token Store Pokemon

LinkOfSpades

Hello everyone,

I'm a programmer and have some ideas for buying "bonus" pokemon from the token store. I bought 2 "bonus" torchics from the store and both of them were poorly stated.

I have 2 suggestions:
1) increase the shiny chance to 20%, ~5% is just evil.
or
2) "bonus" pokemon purchased have a minimum of 15 in all of their stats, with a ~5% chance of shiny with 28+ minimum stats.

If you spend money in a freemium game, you should be satisfied.

- NOTE, both of these ideas only effect "bonus" pokemon purchased and "standard" pokemon are unchanged.
- NOTE 2, when I say "bonus" I mean the option to spend an extra 2 tokens for an increased shiny chance.
- NOTE 3, I understand the choice between "standard" and "bonus" needs to be balanced, so maybe increase the "bonus" price by 1 token? (<- I hate myself for saying this lol)
- NOTE 4, if anything, please list the shiny chance in the token store, I wouldn't have wasted 4 dollars if i knew the odds.

Thank you for reading, and great game so far!

ImGonnaCatchEmAll

Aye,

I've spent well over $30 in "bonus" chance money alone. I say bring back, and it was well before my time; so i'm not sure if it was a limited time thing or always there, the chance to buy the shiny outright. The bonus thing is nice as in it still requires some luck but speaking as someone who is going on 9.5 weeks of membership without a shiny, i don't believe in luck anymore.

I like option 2 better than option 1. While i'm all for shinies, i think 20% would be too high and A shiny UC should be a rare thing.

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
Honestly, I kinda like the idea. Shiny chance shouldn't be 20% though. Make it 10% or 15% and Maybe Some higher Iv's. As it looks now from prior testing I am going to have to spend a good 1,000-1,500 dollars next month to get my full shiny team I want and to have decent iv's. Pretty bad when you got to buy 20 or 30 shiny chances of the same pokemon to get a shiny and then hopefully have good iv's. While I have the money to do it I would rather spend that money maybe on other pokemon or to sell tokens. While i know shinys are meant to be rare, there aren't too many people from what I can tell playing pokemon world online as well off as me to be able to buy like i can. So think of the general audience. There are people who can only spend enough for one shiny chance per month and they never get it.

Merse

Youngster
I don't think increasing SC would be a good idea at all. However, the second idea may worth some consideration. Shinys aren't supposed to be something easy to get. If anything they should be harder to find. If you follow the suggestions of the staff, they think the same :)

Arnie

personaly i think TS shinies should be removed altogether, or merge them into the normal pokes but make obtaining shinies MS rate chance (1/2048). I had an old Token Store Salamence (all 28+) and i can assure u it ripped through peoples teams like they were nothing. people shouldn't be able to purchase that or else this game would go down the toilet. there was a reason the old token store lasted only 4 hours before it was removed. it irritates me enough that people can come here and within a couple weeks have 'better' pokes than people who have played this game for years just by throwing their cash about.

Symbiosis

Website
www.facebook.com
Arnie_Jr said:
personaly i think TS shinies should be removed altogether, or merge them into the normal pokes but make obtaining shinies MS rate chance (1/2048). I had an old Token Store Salamence (all 28+) and i can assure u it ripped through peoples teams like they were nothing. people shouldn't be able to purchase that or else this game would go down the toilet. there was a reason the old token store lasted only 4 hours before it was removed. it irritates me enough that people can come here and within a couple weeks have 'better' pokes than people who have played this game for years just by throwing their cash about.

i think Arnie is jealous xD

M1GGA

Howdy all,

I do agree with this thread.
If you do spend the little extra for bonus you would hope to be happy with what you get. Idk much about shiny pokemon, I have not encountered one, yet! But as for IV's, I'd expect great results with bonus.
Thanks for your time! :D

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
From what I see players are split in two different mindsets, one wants to be able to use money to get more shinies where the other side wants to see this removed. What benefits do you see to these changes? Are they beneficial to the game or to a small number of players?

nemo55

There is already a surplus of TS shinys, increasing the rate would make no sense, and ultimately make TS shinys even more worthless. I propose it stays absolutely the same as is...everyone now-a-days thinks of shinys in PWO. Honestly, the culture needs to change...