To Better The Game.

Boora

Youngster
Hey folks, lets start by me just ranting and suggesting some stuff to better the game,
i'l start with this, Shinys are an everyday thing now and its not going to change EVER, so might as well make the most of it
how about no boost for shiny pokemon in the game, look at it this way, all the collectors will get the shinys they want with time, and the battlers can still hunt/buy the high stats pokemons, aren't u tired of going to a place and just huntin for hours and gettin pretty much worthless shinys/hr's , if shinys wont have the boost, evey single shiny is a potential gold mine cause if it has high stats you won the game :)

for my second idea , a WIPE , yes a WIPE lets get rid of all the crap(Excuse me) we got in 6-7 years in this game, and start over, pokemons will have value again
getting money from battles will mean something again, it'll be fun again ! no more 3-4 pro's and the rest cant afford a cookie,

now last one, when people hunt in this game , they should have goals, not dreams. its a game after all, and to make it a win win situation it all comes back to my first suggestion the no shiny boost, how about we lower the rates for S hr's, they are 1/1m-10m(yes m=million enoucnters) without membership, its CRAZY. same goes for Vr.
if the shinys wont have a boost, its O.K for people to get some s hr's since they wont have boosted stats ,
how about no more membership Boost, BUT if a shiny common is 1/8k, lets make a shiny rare 1/800, a shiny vr 1/80 a shiny hr 1/8
lets take a 1/1k hr for example, takes 1,000 battles to see one on average so making it 1/8 will be just like finding a shiny common ,
now before you jump me with hammers lol, the hr wont have shiny boost ! maybe it'll have high stats , maybe it wont ! and not to mantion the 1/10k hr's...
it'll be like 1/80, do u know how long it take to see 80 hr's ? so yes, if you ask me , this idea could work.
especially since s uc's are a thing,
saying "s hr's wont have vlaue" is flawed cause the one's with high iv's will still go for the price of a real s hr, and at the same time, people have a chance to actually catch one and enjoy the game, they have Hope.

if you combain all 3 ideas i honestly believe it could work out.

Thor

I completely agree that shinies stats should be randomised, it would bring them in line with the rest of the game and then maybe the issue about how many of them there are around wouldnt be too much of an issue. It would make lots more normal pokemon be able to compete in battles and collectors would still have their prizes.

With regards to a wipe, I no longer really see the point in one. This is an mmo and mmos that go on for as many years as this will bound to have the committed players who have stuck with it and collected lots. They should not really be punished for having been loyal and spent all their time on it. Not only would it be these players who suffer. Even the relatively new people have worked hard to do all their gyms and such, and might not want to go through that again. Another way to look at it is, yes there are a few players here who have lots of things but the beauty of this game is someone else having lots should not detract from what you have. You dont need to have the same amount of stuff as everyone else to do everything here or stop you enjoying it. There will always be lots of people of the same level stuff with a community like this and people to trade and battle with. So no I don't think a wipe is necessary.

With regards to your increasing the rate of shiny horribly rares and the like, Im not a fan. I see what you are saying but if you find an issue now here is the large amount of stuff ingame now, increasing the rate would just make the situation worse.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
Shiny ivs should be lowered, but gradually. This way the current Shinies won't have to have their ivs lowered to compensate for the loss, as that would be unfair to existing players. The old shiny Pokemon will gradually become rarer, and the norm will be randoms.

As bobo said, the nature of MMOs is a build up of wealth over time, there is nothing wrong with that, and we do not need to punish anyone for having built up wealth. I would however be in favor of a wipe only if breeding were to be introduced, that is something that would change the very foundation of the game.

Shiny Vr and Hr Pokemon are supposed to be the hardest things to get, with the most prestige of anything in game. We do not need to make them easier to get, not everything needs to be easy, not everything needs to cater to new players, put the time and effort into the game, and you will see results.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
How would a reduction to 20 as a minimum be for the majority of players?

Merse

Youngster
I think even 15 would be fine. Just like in the Token Store.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
The shiny iv minimum should be dropped 2 ivs every 3 months, so that in 1.5 years it can be capped at 15-31. Or if you prefer, since it would make sense to compromise, it can stop in a year or so, and be 20-31. I do think that in game shinies should have better ivs than the token store shinies naturally, thereby giving an advantage to hard work. So I'll recommend that if the iv minimum for in game shinies is 15-20, that token store shinies have completely randomized, 1-31 ivs.

This would give enough time for the 28-31 iv shinies to be more rare as people retire from the game, without a sudden drop in fairness for new players as making the minimum 15 or 20 overnight. It would still be possible to find shinies in game at that time with similar stats to the 28-31 iv shinies we have today, albeit more uncommon, and when it eventually becomes 15 or 20 minimum, the diversity that comes with pricing shinies would make the game more interesting, and challenging..

nemo55

Hi Bluerise, I'd be absolutely fine with reduction to 20IVs. It is really needed...28-31 IV is ruining the game and the mentality of players.

Thor

I don't feel just applying the drop to new shinies is enough I wouldn't even say it should be gradual, I'd get it out of the way now and make it 1-31 for all shinies to give more time for the game to settle after. But if there needs to be a compromise lowering it to just 15/20-31 is still an improvement

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
What about the existing shinies? Should they be reduced as well to balance them against the new ones as they would generally be a little more 'OP' than they are right now. Or are they fine because they already exist in game?

The-Predator

Youngster
Chocobo7 said:
What about the existing shinies? Should they be reduced as well to balance them against the new ones as they would generally be a little more 'OP' than they are right now. Or are they fine because they already exist in game?

is a very good question while it is the right thing to do, Would be a bit unfair for those Who paid millions for some pokes, well in my point o view Id say dropping ivs o already ingame shinies to 20 ivs , however Im not speaking for everyone a poll should give the chance for everyone to vote as not all of the players Would like to see their max spd shinies being dropped

Thor

Chocobo7 said:

They definitely should be treated the same and given randomised or scaled stats compared to what they are now. By scaled I mean if they are 28 now, then they should be given in the lower part of what the new range is.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
@ Choco, I'm sure you remember this post http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=26529

I doubt the feeling of many of the players have changed when it comes to this. That's why I suggest slowly lowering the iv minimum, so it's not an impact, but a gradual process. No one would be outraged if the iv rate was lowered to 26+ tomorrow, and then months later 24+. And I know there would be a lot less complaining about how older players have OP shinies if this was the case. Not only that, but people would still be able to catch shinies with 28iv+ stats even if it was 20+ ivs... so to reduce current shinies with that is to disable us, since we'd basically just try to buy pokemon with similar stats the the ones that are to be reduced all over again, making our current work that we've done thus far useless.

This case that people are making that old shinies would be OP is basically the same case that people just dealt with when the shiny boost was removed, and some people had 32iv speed shinies. They were FAR more powerful than anything that could be caught from that point on, but instead of dropping those ivs people just dealt with it, and tried to obtain them. I don't see how this would be any different.