Tips for hunting snorlax ?

EbeneezerScrooge

Hello and thanks for reading,

as some may know for the past day or so and 2 days earlier in the year, i have been hunting snorlax. and i would like some tips on snorlax hunting because i have seen 15 farfetched ( i am keeping count because i have heard that the vr:hr ratio is 10:1, but often runs over)and i am getting bored. the way i hunt is to run round the perimeter of the grass patch or make a fancy pattern like an s (supposed to make shinys come more often, I dont belive it i just get so bored lol). so yeah, if any1 could tell me about a more efficient way to hunt (i am training simultaneously so running from battle is not an option), or the avg number of farfetched you see per snorlax when hunting, this would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Scrooge

DemonGiorgos

Ebenezer_Scrooge said:
Hello and thanks for reading,

as some may know for the past day or so and 2 days earlier in the year, i have been hunting snorlax. and i would like some tips on snorlax hunting because i have seen 15 farfetched ( i am keeping count because i have heard that the vr:hr ratio is 10:1, but often runs over)and i am getting bored. the way i hunt is to run round the perimeter of the grass patch or make a fancy pattern like an s (supposed to make shinys come more often, I dont belive it i just get so bored lol). so yeah, if any1 could tell me about a more efficient way to hunt (i am training simultaneously so running from battle is not an option), or the avg number of farfetched you see per snorlax when hunting, this would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance,
Scrooge
i dont think there is tips to find or hunt a pokemon its just luck

EbeneezerScrooge

if it is, do u think its worth me hunting or shall i just do something else- hunt a few higher chance pokes?

DemonGiorgos

Ebenezer_Scrooge said:
if it is, do u think its worth me hunting or shall i just do something else- hunt a few higher chance pokes?
i think that snorlax is a goot poke so its worth hunting it

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
First of all whoever told you the turnover rate between VR and HR is 1:10 was misinformed. The rarity rates in this game are not static, the chance of catching both VR and HR pokemon can both have an incredibly wide variation between areas. So in this case if farfetch'd was one of the easiest VR pokemon to find and snorlax also the easiest HR to catch the ratio could be 1:100. And according to legend snorlax is NOT one of the easier HRs to find, many say he's one of the hardest. Either way it can be a long haul as the minimum chance to find any HR pokemon in the wild is 1/10,000 encounters. Remembering of course that the chance doesn't build with every encounter but remains the same, so how long it takes to find any HR pokemon can only be based on luck.

So my suggestion is that if you are serious about hunting snorlax in particular, or any HR pokemon that you set up a base camp and a good supply run and settle in for a long haul. It may not be so long but you should expect it to be to avoid being constantly disappointed.

I've caught all the HRs in the game so they are far from impossible to catch, but they do require patience and determination.