Tip Read

alessioc94

Hi all, I would like to make a suggestion of what you think reset everything and start from the beginning? I thought this thing because there is no more market there are too many pokemon and nn you can sell more .. I wish this thing realizasse for example on the forum and make a list of all pokemon with market values ​​that they have. I hope that I will have a good day response

Saurus

Banned
I don't fully agree with the effectiveness of the idea but if PWO decides to introduce new regions such as Hoenn/Sinnoh, then i'd agree that we reset things. It'd not be fun to enter those regions with high level pokes because the gyms would not be as challenging.

A requirement could be implemented for newer regions that give everyone an equal opportunity to start over in THOSE regions. Just an idea.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
I understand why people desire such a feature; and it is something we get requested or asked about a lot. But it's not as simple as many Trainers seem to think. Be aware that for an account to be "reset", all the existing Pokémon have to be released - taking up database space and requiring a small amount of time and memory for each Pokémon, meaning accounts with large numbers of Pokémon will take up significant time and resources and may slow the game for other people - plus a reset of all the variables, clearing the inventory, resetting the account data to initial values... it all adds up. So it is far easier - and less intensive on the server - to simply create a new account than to reset an old account.

In addition, there's some concern regarding scam and bot cases; and whether the ability to reset accounts would make it too easy for less legitimate players to dispose of evidence related to illegitimately obtained, or deceptively traded Pokémon and similar data. While we are not ruling out the possibility of an account reset option in the future (at least not for now, to my knowledge), at the moment it's not something we support and would require a lot of discussion and significant work to make happen. But thank you for the suggestion; and please continue to share any ideas you have in future :)

alessioc94

was not a bad idea but I've always waited for the times I do not even mind if it takes more than a week I just know that everything will be reset with the best and have a good market. Excuse me why do not you talk to others and see what they think admin thank you very much

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Oh, I misunderstood the point of this topic. I thought you were asking for the ability to reset individual accounts, but now I see you want a WHOLE wipe of PWO accounts. Funny, this might be the first time I've seen players SUPPORTING account wipes...

KaiReborn

Youngster
Website
theburningnotebook.tumblr.com
I have 2 main reasons to disagree with this: the first being it'd be unfair for older players to lose everything they worked hard to have and all that, the second being that it'd provide a giant gap between donators and non donators as donators would be more likely to hold an economical monopoly

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
@ Alessio- You want them to reset the server, destroying everyone's efforts so that people have an easier time selling things? It's an issue of in-going /outgoing pokemon and there being an unbalance. Something more new players, and some nice system trade options could remedy.

@ Sauros -yeah, great idea... let's wipe the server so people can beat the gyms in hoenn with low level pokemon. I mean it's not like if I wanted to go catch low level pokemon to beat that area's gyms with I could right? No no of course not, that's crazy talk.

pieoffury

Restart everyone's progress back to nothing to give everyone an equal chance? You're simply suggesting to throw everyone's efforts for months/years in the game into the trash. I highly doubt this would happen. Market value of pokemon do not depend mainly on how many are in game. It depends on how good the pokemon is in battle, the variety of advantages it has over other pokemon, and the IVs of the pokemon.

SapphirePhoenix

I don't think wiping everyone's progress will really do anything in the long run except upset many players who worked hard to get what they currently have, since a complete wipe would probably also include deleting Pokemon, items and membership that people donated for. If it was wiped and everyone had to start over, what would prevent everyone from returning the game to the same economical state it previously had?

Saurus said:
I don't fully agree with the effectiveness of the idea but if PWO decides to introduce new regions such as Hoenn/Sinnoh, then i'd agree that we reset things. It'd not be fun to enter those regions with high level pokes because the gyms would not be as challenging.

A requirement could be implemented for newer regions that give everyone an equal opportunity to start over in THOSE regions. Just an idea.

This brings up an interesting idea for those who already maxed out levels. What if gyms in the newer regions had a max Pokemon level check that prevented people with levels higher than the gym leader's max level from fighting it? For instance, if you wanted to battle Flannery and her max level Pokemon was level 28, there would be an NPC at the door of the gym that would prevent you from entering unless your Pokemon was level 28 and below. This would prevent the people with their high-level Pokemon from wiping the region in an hour and also encourage you to level up a different team, and it may also make it a bit harder to battle since your levels would be equal. Although a problem with this would be that if you entered with said level Pokemon and fighting the gym students put you over the max level, you wouldn't be able to get back into the gym if you exited it.. But still I want to throw the idea out there because I know someone will think of something better than this. I'd rather think of ways to adapt what already exists than resort to deleting everything.

Orean

Website
twitter.com
alessioc94 said:
Hi all, I would like to make a suggestion of what you think reset everything and start from the beginning? I thought this thing because there is no more market there are too many pokemon and nn you can sell more .. I wish this thing realizasse for example on the forum and make a list of all pokemon with market values ​​that they have. I hope that I will have a good day response

On the topic of the economy (I've noticed Pokemon-price drops are often a cited concern with the economy), I would have to ask why you consider it a good market if Pokemon prices are higher. Why is it dire if Pokemon—assuming you're referring the Pokemon market, and not a select amount of Pokemon in particular—do not sell for much?

Not sure how many players would attest to this supposition, but from my point of view, the market seems to revolve mainly around token-trading and Pokemon exchanges. Thus, will it become much harder to afford what it's primarily invested into (aside from tokens) in Pokemon? Theoretically, if there is an equilibrium of Pokemon-price drops, Pokemon should not become much harder to save up for if other Pokemon prices decline as well.

Moreover — unlike Pokemoney, Pokemon are more imperishable; pokemoney may be depleted as it's expended, but Pokemon can remain in circulation (unless they're in the custody of a banned or to-be-deleted account), which causes Pokemon to accumulate, while there is a decreasing amount of Pokemoney to spend on those Pokemon. Therefore, it should be expected that Pokemon prices are in a downward trend—it's not a trend I can see a database-wide account wipe reversing, as much as simply bringing it back to equal footing temporarily.

Cynical

If i'm being honest, why not just make a restriction that you must enter hoenn with no active pokemon (much like when you own no pokemon on a pwo account) until you get all 8 badges. this is just a for instance though. Who knows when stuff like that will happen.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
FinestShadow said:
If i'm being honest, why not just make a restriction that you must enter hoenn with no active pokemon (much like when you own no pokemon on a pwo account) until you get all 8 badges. this is just a for instance though. Who knows when stuff like that will happen.

Or you could pick one favourite pokemon to take with you- like Ash took his Pikachu on his journeys. But that pokemon gets de-leveled. :)

Buggot

I like HitmonFonty's idea :D

It'd be cool to only get one pokemon that's your favorite to continue the story with.

Shiningamisgirl

Lol, first of all I'm on the side of people who are AGAINST wiping the entire game and starting over with a fresh start. I also don't think there's an issue with the pokeconomy, people are either being greedy, or less greedy. Creo is right, the issue is that Pokemon are either in wide circulation, people don't want them, OR people are just more willing to catch them on their own then they were before.

Why should I buy your Pokemon, when I can catch my own Pokemon? What do you have, that I need, that you want me to buy? Unless that Pokemon is UC, or Token Store, the answer is 'nothing'. I think its that more newcomers are willing to be self made pokemon hunters. Rather than just money gathering and buying the first thing they see. They've become thrifty, and money conscious. Also, and not pertaining to S Pokemon, people have maybe become better at hunting what they want.

Personally, most people are perfectly happy to hunt their own HR's, S's, more than happy to buy their own Token/UC Pokemon. The kind of pokemon people are willing to spend money on now adays, have to be pokemon that it's near impossible to get on your own, or the kind that take the sort of luck only gods have (Drools over S salas). Wiping the system wont change that. If anything it'll make it worse. You wipe it, and the first person to catch a terrible Rat (a normal one) will sell it for 100m. Just because they can, and because no one else has it yet. Except that no one would be able to buy it..or buy anything..Except for people with money for tokens.

Still, I say we not waste years of progress, and not whine over dropping prices. The money will flow as it does, and peoples wants will change as they will. Just because you cant sell your thing for overpriced prices, doesn't mean others should suffer for it. This is Pokemon not Poke-millionaires.

Also, since were on the topic of Pokemon in new regions. Four points:
Point 1: Kanto and Johto are two different regions, and yet players can bring their Pokemon across them. Almost no one has a lvl 99 Pokemon after the first 8 bdgs (unless you solely lvld 1 or two poke on your team.)

Point 2: None of this stops newbies from obtaining higher lvl gym battling Pokemon once they can trade. If I want to give my friend a 99 Pokemon after they get the first 4 or 5 bdgs, I can. They can even buy em, and since gym battling Pokemon can be terrible, but also high lvl'd, its a common occurrence.

Point 3: If you've run out of Pokemon to lvl by time you reach Hoenn. I mean..if you've gone and leveled every single Pokemon in the Pokedex to 99.. Your either a bot, or you have more free time then any human should reasonably have!(Or your staff, you cheating robot overlords!) Most people create more than one team, and lvl more than just their first 6 Pokemon to 99. I know that I'm on 15+ myself, and I've made it a goal to lvl as many Pokemon to 99 as I can. The whole Dex if I can! Why do you think daycares are so popular? Cause ppl never have anything new to lvl..Nope, nothing at all.

Point 4: If I really want a completely new, fresh, beautiful, shiny brand spanking new beginning! I'll create a new account for the region. Cause that's what it sounds like your suggesting. If you want the 'experience' of new, make a new account. Everyone can do it, heck they can have more than one even! To make it a requirement though? Nah, that doesn't seem right. Cause you'd have to do it for Kanto and Johto as well, to keep things fair.

Personally. I don't think people would waste the experience points they could gain via gyms, by using lvl 99 pokes on em. That's pouring water into the ocean. Breathing into the air! Selling ice to an Eskimo! Most people aren't ....unsmart...enough to waste 99 Pokemon on gym battles. Especially since those first few gyms will be low lvl, and even a 90+ Pokemon wouldn't gain anything worth while from it.

It's the reason people start avoiding npcs after certain lvls. There's no gain, and no hunting chances. Though thats just my own personal opinion. No one need share it! Lol.