Time to Debate Legendary Pokemon; Should they be added?

Check all that you agree with

• It is ok for the Staff to use Legendary Pokemon for entertainment purposes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It is for the staff The Staff to use Legendary Pokemon entertainment purposes so long as earn the wa

• The Staff may use Legendary Pokemon for testing purposes: for example: Testing a moveset for game.

• Legendary Pokemon should be made Spawnable in the wild if the chance of capturing one was exceptiona

• Legendary (S) Pokemon should be made Spawnable in the wild if the chance of capturing one was except

• Exclusive Legendary Pokemon like Mew, Deoxys and Jirachi available to players through some difficult

• Exclusive (S) Legendary Pokemon like Mew Deoxys and Jirachi available to players through some diffic

• The Ghost Legendary Pokemon idea (in part 3) was a good idea.

• The idea on (Part 2) for how to make regular Legendary Pokemon is a good one

• The staff has not been spawning Pokemon unfair,

• Some of all the staff have been spawning Pokemon unfairly.

• It is not a good idea to have Legendary Pokemon use in this game by anyone, including the staff.

• Only the staff should have the right to use Legendary Pokemon.

• Putting Legendary Pokemon would be bad since players might get jealous.

• Legendary Pokemon would probably be overpowered which is why they should not be in the game.

• It would be nice to have some good Pokemon in the game. The key to winning is getting a good team.

• As well as Legendary Pokemon all current (S) Pokemon and Pseudo Legendary Pokemon should not be allo

• Legendary Pokemon are not actually as valuable as people think. Many are just making big deal.

• Every person should be able to get a legendary Pokemon easily

• Players should be able to get more than one of a specific Legendary Pokemon.

• Legal issues make this a bad idea.

• A different game should be made with unique Legendaries and no legal issues.

• Players should be able to buy Legendary Pokemon for some higher sums of money.

• I have seen or battled someone in-game with an Legendary Pokemon.

• I am a player that has used a Legendary Pokemon with my own hands in this game.

• Legendary Pokemon is not the best thing implement yet. Maybe a new town or something else.

• Total voters
G

Oh my, well thank you. =)
Your welcome :)
Not quite, to be honest I'm kind of useless ingame except when helping other people test stuff. Iirc, we were supposed to be more discrete about showing off the legends, not sure when that changed but Crenel already brought that up. I walk around with a farfetch'd and a slowbro, pretty awesome. XD

I thought this over, and considered my personal opinions when I battled staff in 2009. (I was a newb then). Honestly, I didn't hold any sort of resentment/experience negative feelings, and it was funny to see level 200 caterpies. It was a light-hearted, 2 minute battle that actually made staff seem more approachable to me, which is the opposite of what you say others are feeling. That is fine, of course, I don't think everyone agrees with one opinion. The only for sure answer is to hold a poll or something.

(Anyway, staff don't battle players anymore. The actual moral ethics that prohibit current staff are mostly for pokedex completion reasons. If a person saw a legendary from a battle, it'd be a very slight advantage over other players, which is a no-no. So now, we do not battle.)

But anyhow, I'm not everyone, but I've never heard complaints about staff having legends unless said staff were being really obnoxious with them. I don't know what races through other people's minds when they see, say, entei roaming vermilion. But I do know that when I, back when I was a player, saw a staff member being silly and interacting with random people, it was fun. I enjoyed the experience. :V just my 2 cents and if others feel wrongly about staff having pokemon/had bad feelings then they can feel free to step up and tell us, haha. It's a Beta, and feedback is good.

If the staff cannot use the Legendary Pokemon they hold in anyway then maybe I made certain mistakes in my accusations. Lately I have been like an investigator and thought I sensed certain foul behavior happening within the staff. In Part 1. I was suggesting an idea how the staff can be allow to use them though and even suggested open up exclusive areas just for people within the team to get (S)Legendary Pokemon. Players not allow access to those areas, but only making stuff like happen if players were at least allowed some ability to get Legendary Pokemon. There is another thing that I was consider about. According to what I heard there have had been a Mew and Mewtwo given out that can be used. At times before I wonder why I should even care about Legendary Pokemon since it is clear that some of the people in charge do not want to introduce them, the fair way to players. Why does the staff not wish them to be regular use and what is it that makes them so valuable?
Wording makes a huge difference with how people respond to things. Your original post was fine, but honestly the post that got me (and others) visually riled up was the one talking about staff hoarding glory. It was basically an accusation aimed at staff when, to be honest, you were using outdated examples. It is okay to bring up issues within the community, but when you say inflammatory remarks like that, some people's fires are going to start burning. You basically have to walk on eggshells and try to cushion your words when you accuse people of stuff like that.

As for anything else, I didn't see many other hostile responses. If there are any it is out of frustration because they've been repeating the same thing over and over for a few days now. I hope you understand. =P
There are some people staff in the irc that I have even thought of reporting in the past, but do not like reporting people. My wording here is though I understand is on the hateful, prejudiced and bias side, but there are lots of things that concern me. This is just one of them. I not exactly the same goodtwoshoes that I used to be here. My nature these days is a lot more rebellies due to the fact that I felt I kept being used as tool and I feel I must stand up this time. You do not seem bad to me. You are not one of the staff members I had a problem with for the most part.
There are so many diamonds in the world that they are technically worth like $5 each. It's marketing and clever manipulation of the masses (commercials convinced people that diamonds HAD to be on their wedding rings) that made the prices go up. You can feel free to google it if you wish. :3 But nonetheless, if there is a misstep with production/release of reserves, diamond prices would plummet. :V It's all actually pretty interesting. Anyway this was a sidenote, so yeah.

The more of something there is, the cheaper it becomes. The general lore with legendary pokemon is that there is only 1 of each or that the species is so rare that it is believed to be myth. Hard to believe they're super rare when once a month you see somebody selling one on the trade channel.
Lets supposed that Legendary Pokemon had all along not been labeled Legendary Pokemon, but in the official games they were found in the wild, using, still genderless, but looked the same? How would you feel? Maybe Legendary Pokemon in this game could not be consider Legendary, but special, but yet attainable by all. What if Steelix was considered a Legendary Pokemon, gender-less and only attainable in official games by approaching after finishing dungeons. Nintendo does have actually only play and I have challenged friends before in multiplayer with to Zapdos and at another time with two Mewtwos. What real value is something like that if many players cannot benift. Only maybe less than a handful of benefit from it and else. One player that might be gone one day. What is the really point of this? Is it to make just one player feel special above the others or jealous. It is bias considerations. If I was ever offered or won Legendary Pokemon in this game that was consider Legit without them being available for all players to get a chance at getting through fair means, I would either not accept it or accept it then delete it without ever using it. I do not want to lower myself to the level specially favored cheater in PWO. Did you ever consider that it might be unfair not to put Legendary Pokemon in the game with more easy ways of getting. There are people out there that want that, but if we look at the psychology, more people who are against having Legendary Pokemon will answer this topic and refute. Minority groups have a voice too. This happens to be another things that the staff has not be quite good with. Many do not recognize minority views as well and weight opinions on majority groups as though they are guarantee to be right. This happened a lot in the Shiny Debate was extremely unfair.
Even if staff was able to use there legendary pokes I wouldn't have any problem with that they almost never battle. Not to mention there the fact that they are making a game for FREE that I'm almost 99% sure that Nintendo would require u to buy. So personally I think them having legendary pokes is basically there payment for putting there time and hard work into a game that they have no obligation to even let us play.
Lol and even then having some legendary pokes they can't even use I think is pretty crappy payment

Edit:go volunteer for a couple months then maybe you will understand why your comments made them mad
What I really think is that they should make an entirely legal free game possibly with similar concepts though in this game, but this idea is not one that seems to be popular. They make about 1500$ a month from this game. Pokemon and memberships are for sale. I saw reborn tell about the amount of money the get. Well I suppose, that I could create a released game and lots of players have come, then keep a Legendaries for myself, but I would not lower myself to such a low. I have volunteered at a hospital before. Volunteering can be load of fun.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Arion said:
Why does the staff not wish them to be regular use and what is it that makes them so valuable?
Incase you weren't aware, pokemon has a lore and in it Legendaries are pretty much mythological creatures that in cases are worshiped as gods, destoryers or even the very existence of them is purely refuted. Bringing them into mainstream availablility goes against the entire pokemon universe.
Another reason? Balance, its obvious that most legendaries are stronger than pretty much anything else out there, and having them in circulation completely throws any sembelence of balance out of the window, and guess what? the current state of the battle system magnifies these points even more, since many of the ways to combat them in the handhelds just isn't viable or possible in PWO atm.
Value, say these become semi-avaiable to players and about 100 or so exist ingame (it wouldn't take long) they become hugely expensive, they then completely screw up the economy again. That wouldn't be the main value problem, that would then be the onwer becoming a target for hackers/scammers/everyone else. The way it is now, with only staff nad one of two others having them, then anyone stupid enough to even try to take one is not going to last 5 seconds once they get it and it would turn into something bigger than your normal hacking case, especially if it was one from a staff account, but having enough of these available muddies the waters and it then becomes much less clear to what is true, wether it was a hack, a scam, or just someone realising that trading it off was a bad idea. We simply could not keep people away from them, and believe me, thye would be insanely high priority targets for just about every player with ill tendancies out there.
FInally, exploitations. Speedhacking/botitng has already been mentioned, i'm sure it wouldn't be long before they swarmed all over any wild legendary spawns. Not only that, but you then have bugs that can, have or will pop up ingame, there's already been pokemon duplication bugs in the past so who's to say peopel wouldn't find out how to dupe legendaries? First one, then one hundred, then one hundred thousand, whats legendary then?

Arion said:
Lets supposed that Legendary Pokemon had all along not been labeled Legendary Pokemon, but in the official games they were found in the wild, using, still genderless, but looked the same?
Except they already are. I have a great idea, lets go abck and change everything that pokemon has ever been, oh wait its not pokemon anymore... Your talking about changing fundemantal ideas and facts of the pokemon world, just for your chance to get your hands on a Mew or a Zapdos, have a think about how that sounds for a moment.

Nintendo does have actually only play and I have challenged friends before in multiplayer with to Zapdos and at another time with two Mewtwos. What real value is something like that if many players cannot benift. Only maybe less than a handful of benefit from it and else.
Your comparing online battles from a single player game to an MMO, the two are in seperate spheres that can't be compared in many ways, this is one of them. They have much less to take in consideration when the only active person in the game, even universe, is you; batting a friend in the handhelds is less two people having the same legendaries from the same pokemon world and more two people from alternate, but similar, worlds having the same legendaries. Even trading is being effected by outside influences, not events happening in your game, this is the opposite of an MMO, where everything is happening in the same space and the same universe.

The way legendaries currently work isn't really a small number of people benefiting, theres not much we can do with our legendaries, I think its more a case of less people suffering, if legendaries did become available they wouldn't be freely available to everyone so you would end up having a small minority of the ultra rich playerbase being able to lord it over everyone else in every way they can (battles, trades, etc), where as it stands now thy are completely cut off from pretty much everyone apart from a few fleeting glances every now and then.

Minority groups have a voice too. This happens to be another things that the staff has not be quite good with. Many do not recognize minority views as well and weight opinions on majority groups as though they are guarantee to be right. This happened a lot in the Shiny Debate was extremely unfair.
I'm fairly sure people can speak for theselves no matter which side of the debate they are on, but it is a widely accepted belief that people on either extreme of a debate are much more likely to have their say, and its the people who have less care about it are more likely to stay silent. We try to do what we think is right, not what most people want, take it back to the Shint bonus removal, the majority of people did not like it and the ones who hated it were extremely vocal, yet the minority won that, didn't they?

What I really think is that they should make an entirely legal free game possibly with similar concepts though in this game, but this idea is not one that seems to be popular. They make about 1500$ a month from this game. Pokemon and memberships are for sale. I saw reborn tell about the amount of money the get. Well I suppose, that I could create a released game and lots of players have come, then keep a Legendaries for myself, but I would not lower myself to such a low. I have volunteered at a hospital before. Volunteering can be load of fun.
We want to make a pokemon game, we're not fans of this other idea like we are pokemon, we do this because we want to do it, not to spite some percieved evil organisation or to lord it over players with what they want. If you want to create your own game, then do it, theres no need for you to come here and attack us groundlessly about tiny little issues and dredge up old ideas that a lot of the community already are against.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Let me say that I agree with choco's post 100%. I think he's much more to the point with his words than I am and is basically saying the same thing I'm about to.

There are some people staff in the irc that I have even thought of reporting in the past, but do not like reporting people. My wording here is though I understand is on the hateful, prejudiced and bias side, but there are lots of things that concern me. This is just one of them

Well, it's like the saying goes, evil will continue if good men stand by. However, make SURE that they are being legit bad people. Staff here get tired and worn down from other rulebreaking/annoying/repetitive people, and I've had several moments where I just started acting unprofessional because of the irritation. There isn't harm in trying to point out the bad in this game, just make sure it's for sure continuous bad behavior. If there is something you still consider abusive going on and that it's not just "ugh I have to answer a server question again," then yeah go for it. If they're just being a little snappy (read: snappy =/= bullying, so if there's bullying report it) note that for many of staff it isn't their job to deal with the public. Yes there are guildines they should follow when dealing with players and sometimes I'm like "woah chill out guys," but they ARE giving their opinion and sometimes they end up having to give their opinion so much on something that they just snap.

@ other pokemon being "legendary" instead of the legends we know
That actually happened with Arcanine, and it appears as the fire legend near the first few episodes of the pokemon anime. Apparently, it was supposed to be what Moltres is today, but the people in charge though it'd be strange to have 2 birds and a Dog. (Imagine how the 2nd movie would have come out if Arcanine was still a legendary! Haha.)
Either way, the fact is that they are not legends. They are not, in the lore and basic concepts of the genre nearly Impossible to encounter (let alone obtain). It is a part of the basic history, the building blocks of pokemon that say legends are rare. That makes them valuable. They are supposed to be only available to the best/those who affect the outcome of the world or whatever. Changing the system to allow these to be caught is currently not an option, and nerfing them to where they would become viable would be disappointing at the least. Like.."Oh, this is a rare and super powerful pokemon according to every official franchise of pokemon! Wait, what happened to its stats? Why is it dying so easily, isn't this thing supposed to be legit?"

PWO wants to follow the Official Pokemon Lore which generally means including as much of the official games and Manga as we can, barring things that would damage the MMO aspect of the game. Legendaries would damage the MMO aspect of the game, thus they are not present. (Other thing such as repel and IVs just aren't ingame due to manpower at this time.)

I have played games where the chance to see a legendary pokemon was like 1/8888888081308713 or something crazy. And yet, I saw people going "Oh, that regigagas has bad stats, I'll just buy a different one." What is special about that? The market stacked up despite the impossible odds, literally. I saw people selling Shiny Legends, it was crazy. And it was awful. I was a new player and I knew I could NEVER catch up to those people. I couldn't ever donate to the game enough to get on their pedestal. (not that I would anyway, it was pretty shoddy with a bad community) Legends were "available" to everyone, but in reality they were not; they were available to the rich, the vets, and the lucky, and I was none of these.

Dovee

Youngster
crenel said:
Arion said:
Could it be that the staff really just want to hoard all the really valuable Pokemon for themselves not allow others to experience a similar glory.
I stopped reading your post right here. That has to be the most mind-numbingly stupid thing I've read in a while. It doesn't even make sense. You do realize how totally and completely wrong this is, correct?

Not to be offending you or anything but seriously, is THAT what this topic is about?

Edit:
>leaves and does not return

This is one of the reasons i love you

G

Response to Chocob7, CheckeredZebra and Dovee
The staff does not wish to have Legendaries to be available to players in this game if I am not mistaken. That is what I gather from some responses in this thread. That is ok I guess and besides my stance is changing again about about the debate topic. For legal reasons mainly it seems like a bad idea. If it was not for potential legal issues then I might be more be understanding to the situation. I do have some more points and things to address though:
In case you weren't aware, pokemon has a lore and in it Legendaries are pretty much mythological creatures that in cases are worshiped as gods, destoryers or even the very existence of them is purely refuted. Bringing them into mainstream availablility goes against the entire pokemon universe.
That may be true, but in the GBA games players can find them. Just because the existence of something does not mean that it is purely refuted before. Just because existence of something is refuted does not mean that it is necessary hard distant or a hard reality to understand. Many people did not believe in aliens from outer space and strangely many still do not today, but yet they exist and there has overflowing evidence to support their existence.
Another reason? Balance, its obvious that most legendaries are stronger than pretty much anything else out there, and having them in circulation completely throws any sembelence of balance out of the window, and guess what? the current state of the battle system magnifies these points even more, since many of the ways to combat them in the handhelds just isn't viable or possible in PWO atm.
(See Part 5. Keeping Balance and fairness in the Game)1. Adjusting stats. 2. Adding Customizable PvP. Aspects in the game which do not allow Legendaries 3(seen this in offical games).
Value, say these become semi-avaiable to players and about 100 or so exist ingame (it wouldn't take long) they become hugely expensive, they then completely screw up the economy again.
Lets suppose that there was only Diamond on the entire planet Earth, it was about the size of a hand with very few imperfections. Someone has found it went on TV to brag about their being ownership of it. Rumors are spreading about this person who has it however, there is are a group of Molecular Biologists that have found a way to replicate a Diamond by altering the atoms of sapphires are have begun making exact replicas of the diamond successfully and are selling them in masses. Would that one diamond or the ability to replicate many of them be more valuable? The staff here could do that if there was proper authorization. Now lets suppose with the diamond that nobody ever replicated the diamond, but they just kept the diamond quietly. They would fade away quietly and might be forgotten, and the Diamond would only benefit them. When a resource like such only serves to benefit one person. It is a bias decision to only benefit one person. Legends are not supposed to be secret, but come out of obscurity shine and make waves. The value of Legendaries partly being in the rarity. Legendaries could still be valuable even if everyone had one because they would still be great cool looking and special still. Each to its own is unique. Lets consider blonde hair people. There are many blonde hair people out there how are blonde haired. Blonde hair can be attractive and each is to there own. Even with all those Blonde Hair people out their blonde hair can still look very attractive and make a person unique.
That wouldn't be the main value problem, that would then be the onwer becoming a target for hackers/scammers/everyone else. The way it is now, with only staff nad one of two others having them, then anyone stupid enough to even try to take one is not going to last 5 seconds once they get it and it would turn into something bigger than your normal hacking case, especially if it was one from a staff account, but having enough of these available muddies the waters and it then becomes much less clear to what is true, wether it was a hack, a scam, or just someone realising that trading it off was a bad idea. We simply could not keep people away from them, and believe me, thye would be insanely high priority targets for just about every player with ill tendancies out there.
FInally, exploitations. Speedhacking/botitng has already been mentioned, i'm sure it wouldn't be long before they swarmed all over any wild legendary spawns. Not only that, but you then have bugs that can, have or will pop up ingame, there's already been pokemon duplication bugs in the past so who's to say peopel wouldn't find out how to dupe legendaries? First one, then one hundred, then one hundred thousand, whats legendary then?
Hacking and scammers can be protected from to a significant extent and or nearly totally with the proper methods. Another thing is about what you say that anyone stupid enough to even try to take them is not even gonna last 5 minutes and Legendaries will never been in this game. Why are there to players out there who have been given and allowed to keep Legendary Pokemon and why would staff even hold Legendary Pokemon in their accounts if it was such a stupid thing to do?
Except they already are. I have a great idea, lets go abck and change everything that pokemon has ever been, oh wait its not pokemon anymore... Your talking about changing fundemantal ideas and facts of the pokemon world, just for your chance to get your hands on a Mew or a Zapdos, have a think about how that sounds for a moment.
Seems more original the previous.
I'm fairly sure people can speak for theselves no matter which side of the debate they are on, but it is a widely accepted belief that people on either extreme of a debate are much more likely to have their say, and its the people who have less care about it are more likely to stay silent. We try to do what we think is right, not what most people want, take it back to the Shint bonus removal, the majority of people did not like it and the ones who hated it were extremely vocal, yet the minority won that, didn't they?
There could be a group of people that might organised to get apsects of games changed. I have noticed changes often happen because of smaller groups people complaining loudly and then the people in-charge feel compelled to make a new decision. I have seen this happening in Wizard101 a lot. People were continuously complaining and trying to get aspects of games change it ways that others might have not liked. They typically listen more when groups of people complain and are much louder even if they are small groups. For example: A spell in the game called Guardian spirit was changed. Preceeding this players were flooding the PvP section with rants about that this spell should be changed or banned. Take a look at just how bad the PvP section of the Wizard101 message boards is below.
https://www.wizard101.com/forums/show/13.ftl
This does not seem to happen as bad over here, but this place as has a lower pvp base. Eventually Guardian spirit was altered and for all I know it might get altered again, because likely more people will complain about it. Did you notice that most of the time that people what something added to the game, it is because of either a bad experience in the game are unsatisfied. When the speak out they might be heard over others while others are quite yet it might not be fair to favor their voice over others.
We want to make a pokemon game, we're not fans of this other idea like we are pokemon, we do this because we want to do it, not to spite some percieved evil organisation or to lord it over players with what they want. If you want to create your own game, then do it, theres no need for you to come here and attack us groundlessly about tiny little issues and dredge up old ideas that a lot of the community already are against.
Like I was saying. Minorities should have a voice too. I am like a investigator and I felt that I was seeing something shifty happening among the staff.
I have played games where the chance to see a legendary pokemon was like 1/8888888081308713 or something crazy. And yet, I saw people going "Oh, that regigagas has bad stats, I'll just buy a different one." What is special about that? The market stacked up despite the impossible odds, literally. I saw people selling Shiny Legends, it was crazy. And it was awful. I was a new player and I knew I could NEVER catch up to those people. I couldn't ever donate to the game enough to get on their pedestal. (not that I would anyway, it was pretty shoddy with a bad community) Legends were "available" to everyone, but in reality they were not; they were available to the rich, the vets, and the lucky, and I was none of these.
I guess that it is just a matter of preferance. Some people might consider things that are so rare to be invaluable.

voltahit

24761474.jpg
24761664.jpg

ColdFuzion

Ramensnoodle said:
When it comes to legendaries I think last xmas event was the way to go, 1 large event every few years(if not annually).
One thing I would like to see introduced though is some way to get the pokedex data for legendaries. Like when you battle mewtwo in cerulean cave for the first time if you win your pokedex reads as if you had caught it. Since this is a mmo the dex data is all I'd really need but that's just me since i am more of a collector than a battler.

That is my EXACT thought, do a quest to get the data, I would love that, as quests add loads of playability to the game once you have done the gyms and are tired of looking for HR or (S) pokes.

Merse

Youngster
Arion said:
That may be true, but in the GBA games players can find them. Just because the existence of something does not mean that it is purely refuted before. Just because existence of something is refuted does not mean that it is necessary hard distant or a hard reality to understand. Many people did not believe in aliens from outer space and strangely many still do not today, but yet they exist and there has overflowing evidence to support their existence.
First, Gameboy games were designed for single player and PvP battle was only a flavor possibility. Any god-like items (in this case, Legendaries) which can be obtained make the game crap. It's not god-like if anyone can have them, especially when they start to swarm the game. You simply CAN NOT prevent a legendary swarm. See the case of Dragonite. They are mindblowingly rare, some people hunt them for months without success. Still, almost everyone who are in endgame stage already has a Dragonite.
And LOL, you're arguing with the existence of aliens? Although I want to believe that they exist, this fact was not doubtlessly confirmed yet.

(See Part 5. Keeping Balance and fairness in the Game)1. Adjusting stats. 2. Adding Customizable PvP. Aspects in the game which do not allow Legendaries 3(seen this in offical games).
So make Legendaries stupid is your answer? NO! Legendaries are not only super-rare, but also super powerful. They are the controller of the element, they make the Pokemon World move! You can't make them weak so with luck I could beat them with a simple Gyarados! (should have write Magikarp :p)

Legends are not supposed to be secret, but come out of obscurity shine and make waves. The value of Legendaries partly being in the rarity. Legendaries could still be valuable even if everyone had one because they would still be great cool looking and special still.
And here you answer yourself, why shouldn't legendaries be catchable. It would ruin their rarity. Preiod. You can't, I repeat, you can not make any method, which would prevent a catchable Pokemon to be present sooner or later in the number thousands in the game. And what everyone owns is not cool, not even valuable. If what you say would be true, then pokes like Pikachu, Charizard or other famous and beloved Pokemon would be valuable like hell. But if you ever check on the market, you'll see that they are not valuable at all, because everyone has them.

[
There could be a group of people that might organised to get apsects of games changed. I have noticed changes often happen because of smaller groups people complaining loudly and then the people in-charge feel compelled to make a new decision. I have seen this happening in Wizard101 a lot. People were continuously complaining and trying to get aspects of games change it ways that others might have not liked. They typically listen more when groups of people complain and are much louder even if they are small groups.
Yeah, and there could be a small group of people who would like to catch Brontosaurs, Triceratopses, Chickens, Hounds and Eric Cartmans in a Pokemon game. This doesn't mean we have to listen tot hem, no matter how loud and aggressive they are. By the way, as I read the topic, nobody but you supports the idea of making the legendaries catchable. One man is not a group. Well, except maybe if you suffer from schizophrenia...

Like I was saying. Minorities should have a voice too. I am like a investigator and I felt that I was seeing something shifty happening among the staff.
You had your possibility to explain your idea. Your idea was refused both by the development team and the community. Just accept it. And if you still think you can make your own Pokemon game, then do it.

Cleveland

Youngster
It's tough. Legendaries are fun to catch but they are SO powerful you would dominate anyone that doesn't have them.

sagarpatel740

Website
www.facebook.com
legendary poke must strickly be not added to pwo because if they are added then all people will be crazy abt that only and then hardly 5 % of people be looking for hr pokes and shiny ..

Shadow_shiny

Banned
I think they should have a special event having zapdos as a extremely hr but I see why they won't be added.

.Yellow.

ok i new here joned to day but i read ever post i belive that legs sould never be in game becouse it wind up being boring

CoolKnightST

Like most people I don't like the idea for adding legendaries because:
  • Adding legendaries to an PvP creates another group of pokémon that desballance PvP even with an fully fixed battle system legendaries still remain serious overpowered even against shinys. Shiny legendaries could even make it an one man show when all other usefull pokémon remain forgotten.
  • The idea of adding lower class legendarys (birds, beasts and golems) to the game is in fact possible without unballance PvP an lot. Still there total stats still has advantage against other pokémons. Therefor they are more intressting to give to npc's on an more regular bases.
  • When legendaries are added the marked price other p-legendary and other top PvP pokémon will drop. In fact I even think an marked crash that will have influence over all prices.
Legendarys are just made to be rare event and masterquest material. I would like to see the lugia and ho-ho quest line added in the game:
  • Ho-ho and the 3 legendary beast (passage quest for ho-ho tower)
  • Lugia and the 3 legendary birds (passage quest for the secret ruines)

Yukiro~

Youngster
It's not so much that adding legendary to the game is a bad idea, it's how they go about doing it. I'll just add this in before my own bit:
You had your possibility to explain your idea. Your idea was refused both by the development team and the community. Just accept it. And if you still think you can make your own Pokemon game, then do it.
Merse that last part about just giving up on the idea was just harsh, the entire community did not refuse...and I didn't see Hardcoreh or other staff post their opinions so he was not refused by the whole Dev team, thanks.
Maideza said:
No.

Nothing else needed to be said.
^That my friend is not how you debate, that was actually cruel, not cool man...not cool. It's getting to the point where people are ready to insult other players or crush them in any way possible to make themselves look better in front of the staff or because they think people from the community would think of them as cool, thus, putting up a front.

Now back on point, it depends on how you see this perspective wise...they already have the possibility of winning a legend for the tournaments, but that's pretty new last I checked...and who's to say they've made this an official pwo tradition, I agree that a contest should be done about every 2 years that way there won't be too many legends piling up.

In another direction since we're so following the real games, legends have a small spawn possibility in the real games as well..so I was wondering if anyone had done research on the percentile chance of spawn rate? Now, you know it has to be bad if I say this, I've so far seen more badgering and direct flaming from both sides of what's supposed to be a friendly debate about a topic that's not of much importance, in my opinion. Hope this guy didn't give up on his thoughts because I know just how bad topics like this can turn out when people put their own bias judgements into writing without at-least giving key points about why it would be wrong or trying to understand your side of the argument, and this does not go for everyone.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Yuki/everyone else, this topic is months old lol. =P
Everything's already been debated. We covered:
A: Why People were hostile
B: Why low percentage spawns were bad
C: Why other ideas brought up wouldn't currently work

Plus there's some backstory on this topic that involves the OP creating provoking theories of the staff and Nintendo, which only fed fuel to the fire. Merse and Deza were there to see that, as well. It went on for a few days and by the time this topic was created, everyone who had discussed this 5x before were at their edge.
Also, read back a couple pages and you'll see everyone snapping over being accused of extreme selfishness. There was never anything civil about this debate, when you dig a little deeper (no offense to OP). It panned out later and was sort of resolved, but by that point the damage was done.

It's always interesting to reflect on your past self, as this topic is making me do. Right now, this topic is only valuable to those that partook in it as they can reflect on themselves and learn from their mistakes/others' mistakes/what they did right.

Yukiro~

Youngster
I'm pretty bad at paying attention to the dates, that's unfortunate, but thanks for the input.