Time intervals between using the /iv X,post command

Dovee

Youngster
The IV command is great, being able to view your IVs and post your pokemons IVs in trade is hands down one of my favorite things pwo has brought to the table in the last year. Now with that said people spam the trade with it too much, I have posted two examples below. Actually three, I saw another one while typing this.....
http://prntscr.com/2kjxel
http://prntscr.com/2kjxkt
http://prntscr.com/2kjyhv

I find it disrespectful to others in the trade chat when you do this, and i also feel that Flooding has always been against PWO rules which i believe this would fall under.
If there could be a timer put in place on how often you could use the post command I feel it would solve this issue very quickly.

I agree with you here Dovee, and the timer seems like a fair idea in my opinion. I was thinking maybe somewhere in between 15-20 seconds?

Dovee

Youngster
chichiman said:
I agree with you here Dovee, and the timer seems like a fair idea in my opinion. I was thinking maybe somewhere in between 15-20 seconds?

In my mind I was thinking along the same lines as you around 15-30. Next time I go in game ill just stalk trade chat for awhile and count for awhile an see how often people post in there.

Dovee

Youngster
After looking at trade for a few minutes I think 20-25 seconds would be a good timer for posting IVs

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
It's a reasonable idea to prevent players flooding the chat because there are frequently someone posting in it. A timer, as you have suggested, wouldn't still prevent posting advertisements or IVs from other calculators but for the command-side is already something helpful. :)

Gobfather

julio2503 said:
It's a reasonable idea to prevent players flooding the chat because there are frequently someone posting in it. A timer, as you have suggested, wouldn't still prevent posting advertisements or IVs from other calculators but for the command-side is already something helpful. :)

Maybe if possible, block trade channel from user postings and only allow iv commands to be posted in the chat? Which I feel would be as well something helpful so many people spamming these random characters.

I also agree with this I will be trying to see the ivs of a poke then someone say like Velocity here will dual post all 6 pokemon, then I try to scroll down but it's going back further because of more spam, and then the scroll wont hold. It's very annoying hahaha, i feel it should be around 15-20 seconds however, 30 seconds is quite a long time, and if everyone is having this timer than they will all be limited to 15 seconds making all pokemon held there for that time; and there wont be a flooding issue so 30 seconds will be pretty agravating if you are trying to post several pokemon.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I don't really have anything to say except that I agree and I think approx 20-30 seconds would be fine. Hopefully this can be applied to all pokemon in one's party, not just a 20 second limit per pokemon.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
This should be possible.

What do you think about also making it so that you can't post the same pokemon through the IV command twice in a row using the /iv command?

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I would disagree with that as long as there's a decent amount of time between posts, sometimes I only have one pokemon for sale at a time.

Dovee

Youngster
HitmonFonty said:
This should be possible.

What do you think about also making it so that you can't post the same pokemon through the IV command twice in a row using the /iv command?

Alot of times people are only trying to really sell one pokemon and have no interest in selling others so I dont agree with this idea.

Julio~

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Dovee said:
HitmonFonty said:
This should be possible.

Alot of times people are only trying to really sell one pokemon and have no interest in selling others so I dont agree with this idea.

I'm going to say the same. :p

Gobfather said:
julio2503 said:

Maybe if possible, block trade channel from user postings and only allow iv commands to be posted in the chat? Which I feel would be as well something helpful so many people spamming these random characters.

I also agree with this I will be trying to see the ivs of a poke then someone say like Velocity here will dual post all 6 pokemon, then I try to scroll down but it's going back further because of more spam, and then the scroll wont hold. It's very annoying hahaha, i feel it should be around 15-20 seconds however, 30 seconds is quite a long time, and if everyone is having this timer than they will all be limited to 15 seconds making all pokemon held there for that time; and there wont be a flooding issue so 30 seconds will be pretty agravating if you are trying to post several pokemon.

The only thing I see wrong with blocking user postings is if someone were trying to buy or sell tokens. Other than that I agree with everything you said gob

Gobfather

chichiman said:
Gobfather said:
julio2503 said:

The only thing I see wrong with blocking user postings is if someone were trying to buy or sell tokens. Other than that I agree with everything you said gob

Hmm yes I hadn't thought about that, perhaps add another command to say Selling Tokens - Pm for details, or Doing Daycare - Pm for details.
It's a lot of work but, if you just take a look at this thread it proves why trade should be further blocked from user posts, and time intervals all the same:

http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=30006

nemo55

I totally agree with this post. Extremely annoying and selfish of these users to be spamming on Trade channel like this...

I vote for 20 seconds per post command. Anything more I feel is reaching that border of annoying lol.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
Will be making a topic shortly actually on evolving the iv command.