Thoughts on the newest update(s)?

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
Updates, a good but often problematic time, where there is guarenteed to be things that people don't like and things that are just simply better :)

So this topic is all about people sharing there opinions on any updates that are released.

1.8A
I'll start iff with the obvious things, the smaller pokemon being the most obvious. This would be the first bad change in my opinion, seeing as they are just too small and it makes the new Shiny follow sprites hard to notice unless they're is an obvious colour difference.
The trade window, while I like the look of it, its just been put in without any coding changes to back it up, so its now just broken.
Some fo the smaller GUI updates, like the new loading banner and the day/night clock look much better :D
The new test doesn't bother me at all :p

Thats my thoughts, how about you...?

DaSnowman

Love that the shinys are actually shiny but hate that my they are shorter than the grass

8ugs

The water reflection ripple effect is baus. ;3

crenel

Youngster
The shrunken follow Pokemon isn't ideal. However you'll notice that both your movement and your Pokemon's follow movements have been improved. The exchange is that we have to use smaller sprites for a while until it's reworked to use bigger sprites again. Previously the client itself enlarged the size of the sprite following you, which is why swapping out images won't work.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
crenel said:
The shrunken follow Pokemon isn't ideal. However you'll notice that both your movement and your Pokemon's follow movements have been improved. The exchange is that we have to use smaller sprites for a while until it's reworked to use bigger sprites again. Previously the client itself enlarged the size of the sprite following you, which is why swapping out images won't work.
That makes sense, but I've noticed my movement's been a bit off, say i'll press to go down, and i'll end up going left a bit too or single movements won't be picked up. Don't know if thats just me though...

crenel

Youngster
You're now able to rotate your character sprite by tapping the directional buttons rather than holding them down.

Edit:

Due to the amount of lag it would cause, currently only you can see what direction you're facing if you rotate your sprite while standing still. You'll still be seen by other players correctly while you're walking around the world. It's client-sided rather than server-sided for now. Just adding this in so that people don't think it's a bug when they don't see their friends spinning in place.

LunaticJames

Content maker
I like the new day-night wheel up in the corner. It looks awesome.

Old
ZxL3f.png

New
Gf1CN.png

mad30

Youngster
Text will need time to get use to

Love the smaller pokemon, use to turn off pokemon follow because they were big.

Best part of the update is the movement of the follow sprites. Now you can follow your pokemon
14w6mpy.png

jboysr05

Love the update.  Besides 1 little thing that was already addressed, the follow sprites, and the bigger issue, the new trade window not working, its a pretty cool update. Keep up the good work guys.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
I like the little sprites, actually. Maybe not as small as they are now, but the old ones were rather large and would clutter things up. So maybe enlarge them by just a bit and they'd be perfect imo. And as mentioned, the follow sprites now show their different shiny colors (FINALLY!) and move much more smoothly. I was very happy about this.

And like Like James said, that day/night wheel is very nice <3 I haven't been near water to check out the water effect Vivi is talking about.

I like just about everything done in the update. I fixed my trading screen with Crenel's topic which provided the correct trade window, so all is well with that.

My only complaint: I cannot play the game for more than an hour without getting a headache, and it's because of the text. Changing it to different colors doesn't work, sadly. I understand the reason for outlining the text in black (so it can be seen in other skins) but all it does is make me cringe D: Unfortunately, there is no way to change the font used, too.

I seem to be the only one with this problem though. But it's crippling my enjoyment of the game by tons. Which is a shame, because it's an otherwise nearly perfect update. (I say nearly cause of that trade window people aren't going to try to fix)

KstersSlade

I personally really like the new update, I find the smaller sprites funny and cool. Everything seems more neater and clearer now, the old sprites were big and kinda pixelated. The smalller font is a nice update aswell.

Naero

I'm actually not against the smaller Pokemon sprites. Some can argue that they're too small (it's not that realistic for my Snorlax's following sprite to appear smaller than me), but they do look more smooth/crisp than the larger pokemon sprites, that were unrevamped. Albeit, the sprites would look more ideal if they were larger to some extent, as the shiny counterparts of the following sprites actually have alternate coloration now.

As others have stated, it may take time for me to get used to the new font as well. I'm still too accustomed to the old font after playing on the previous versions for many, many months.

My only real complaint about the client update atm is that when I inserted my cursor into the chat bar, it immobilized my character. I like to try to chat and play the game simultaneously, so this bug causes plenty of halts as I walk from place-to-place or if I'm walking around in the grass hunting and I'm responding to something on the chat.

Overall, it's good to see progress is still being made on the client, and it was a pleasant surprise to see a client update last night.

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
+ Tips removal
+ New dial
+ Sorted splash background
/  Follow changes
/  Black around some text areas
-  New font choice, disliked it within a few minutes - gives the appearance it's smaller now too
- Black around green system messages - should be a different colour or removed or as I once suggested, replaced splash and have a fixed system message area at the top which would also provide tips and so that are up to date

R

rhazerat

I'll agree with the new font choice, I have the same problem as zeb in that focusing on it literally gives me a headache.

Also, a few of the colours for it have made it less aggrivating but half the time I'd have to physically concentrate on the text to actually make out whats said.

Other then that no complaints, i really like the way the messages at the side eg: exp gained, fishing usage etc fades out instead of just vanishing.

Seth

I like the new font.

New shiny follow sprites are cool, when they're enlarged it'll be perfect.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Yea the sprite sizes and font are my main issues with this update also. Npc, player and now follow sprites feel so off each seem out of place when you look at them together. Hopefully in coming updates we see all sprites getting overhauled to compliment each other.

mr.smith

Website
image.free.in.th
I love the smaller pokemon cause it acts much better than the large ones and it s cuter

Attachments

• pokemon.gif
    pokemon.gif
    122.1 KB · Views: 95