This game needs help. reeeeeeeal bad.

ismokepots

IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!! :mad: I was battling the Veteran Trainer, or whatever his name is on route 22 beside Viridian, I was up against a level 7 Ponyta. I had OVER HALF MY HEALTH left, he DIDN'T EVEN ATTACK, and when I got health from leach seed, my health went all the way up (which is not normal), then IT WENT DOWN TO ALMOST NOTHING, then 0 HP. from the time my HP went all the way up, until the time I died, there were no actions being taken by EITHER Pokemon. none. Now, I said it before and I'll say it again...I really love this game...but how am I supposed to be enjoying myself when this bull**** happens?!?!? Like, SERIOUSLY! can someone give me an explanation? or even some words of encouragement? This game has been in beta testing for at least six years. SIX YEARS!!!!! Now, having said that, I know there has been some problems between now and then. People leaving, people being irresponsible etc etc...but it seems to me that things have stabilized enough that you can work SOME of the bugs out. I may not have a full and complete history of PWO, but I only started playing again 8-10 hours ago and already I've been faced with at least 4 separate problems, all of them code-related. I've been trying to play this game off and on for YEARS, if I was to hazard a guess as to when I first created an account I would have to say around 5 years ago. I've tried around 4 or 5 times to get into PWO but have failed multiple time due to glitches, freezes, and and pure rage. That being said, I wouldn't be forcing myself to stay awake past midnight if I didn't care. I LOVE THIS GAME. I don't know what good my complaining will bring, but I hope to get the attention of everyone who is working to make this game better. Too long have I waited for this wondrous game to blossom forth into a full version game (NOT BETA). But how much longer will I have to wait? another 5 years? 10 years?! This post isn't just directed at the game dev's, it's also directed at you, the players. Without players, a game is just a forgotten grain of sand, washed into the ocean and lost forever. We need more people who are willing to record experiences of glitches and bugs and report them on the boards. We need details; Pokemon names, where you were, what happened, what was lost, what went wrong, what you were pressing and click when it happened, EVERYTHING. We need to make the people who make the game better aware of the issues/problems, we need to speak up, and be heard. Its like my mum always said; "The squeaky wheel gets the grease.". So in closing...please....please...PLEEEEEEEEASE, try to work on getting rid of the glitches, the bugs, the problems, make this game a great game like it deserves. To all the players that read this, record your findings and remember...the game is still in BETA testing for a reason. Its up to us, the players, to report everything that's wrong with the game, not be worried about the fact that we cant store Pokemon in the PC, or that the game is too hard. we cant have a big beautiful house without a nice strong foundation, or else it would collapse. We cant end up having thousands of features that conflict with each other making the game virtually unplayable because everyone thought it needed more. We need to fix what we have first.

Cheers...and here's to hoping I can reach enough of you...that we can make a difference...before the house collapses... :(

EDIT* Also, can anyone who reads this and would love to see a bright future for this game, please bring awareness to this post. Thank you.

Shiningamisgirl

I have...a suggestion.

See your name? It's a wonderful username btw. I suggest..you do more of what your name says. You're obviously not following your name well enough..if your this upset.

Though! I do encourage you to keep playing! Keep playing, while enjoying your name, maybe even large quantities of your name..Definitely much more then what your currently enjoying. If you consume more of that, I'm sure you can find a way to enjoy anything, even this game.

I personally love rants, and yet, cannot quiteee follow yours. Maybe a little restructuring of the paragraphs? Maybe I could translate what your trying to say for others.. Yeah..-nods- I'll get on that.

ismokepots

all i want is the game to become better, i always end up ragequitting because there are too many problems. is it too much to ask that they concetrate on the real issues? also, lol, i love youre reply :) i dont do much of that anymore...at all, actually. ismokepots is just a fun play on words that ive used as a username since high school. if you were serious about restructuring for me, it would GREATLY appreciated. I want every to enjoy this game more, and awareness is what im going for.

EDIT* Also, im VERY tired and im going to head to bed. im epileptic and i dont want to have a seizure. havent had one in over a year and i want to get my license before i die lol :p

Shiningamisgirl

I..think you need to review what 'a play on words' means..Unless, your smoking actual 'jars', or clay pottery. Which would be hilarious! Yet drastically ineffective..let alone conducive toward ones happiness.

I totally hope you get your license and don't die though! Live long and prosper even!

Don't worry though man. People are well aware, and much of it is client issues, which is a lot of hard work on 0 pay, and requires man hours, knowledge, and skills that are hard to come by. Devs, well trained talented Devs, and Blue's and Tecks, and Hardcorehs, and Lumis!

The majority of staff can manage problems that arise/add some new life into the current system. To see everything fixed can only happen when the new client happens, as some things in this old client are just beyond repair. Not all things, there are always loop holes, but some things.

I suggest..employing /ragequit, it works wonders. Personally I think a lot of improvements have happened in the last year. Between 2012 and now even.

pieoffury

The game does get better over time. The game has been up since December 2007 and at first, you may think it's a slow progress for a pokemon game, but ALL the staff are volunteers and are paid nothing at all. They spend their extra time and efforts into making this game better for everyone. It's not easy fixing a huge game like this. They manage the game by updates and improvements but most of which, would need a new client in order to be implemented. But then again, a new client is not an easy task and requires a lot of work from the staff. Appreciate the game for what it's worth. I started and 2008 and I am still here enjoying and LOVING the game.

Note: I'm surprised your name is allowed in PWO

SOULTAKER1994

PewDiePie_Felix said:
Note: I'm surprised you're name is allowed in PWO
its not actually i think staff may have not seen it yet :p well this topic surely would get their attention :p

Merse

Youngster
Dude, why do you spam topics? And why do you spam attacks? :p

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
This is the first I've heard of leech seed having such a wild effect as you suggest here. If and when it happens again please rather than raging take the time to screenshot and hopefully with the battle history we can work out exactly what happened. By the sounds of it the most likely possibility here is that you didn't see the attack, but your grass pokemon got hit by ember, which was either strong enough on its own, or it was a critical hit and finished it off in one fell swoop.

Other than that all I can suggest is patience. The game is run by volunteers, nobody has can ever get paid for working on it. We are however doing exactly what you suggest here and working on the foundations of the game. Those who have been playing over the last year or more will have seen the progress we have made in that time.

Good luck with your game, it's normal to get heated at times but don't let that be your whole experience. Games are for fun! O0

ismokepots

I agree that I need to be patient and wait for the game to get better, while in the meantime, just enjoying it. From now on, I'm going to be capturing all my playtime on video. Also, I'm now worried about what soultaker said...I don't want my account banned just because of my name. I've never had problems with it before. Is there any way I can change my name so I don't risk being banned?

EDIT* I've never been good at navigating forums or finding the right topics in the right areas...can someone point me in the right direction for changing my name?

Saric

Youngster
ismokepots said:
I agree that I need to be patient and wait for the game to get better, while in the meantime, just enjoying it. From now on, I'm going to be capturing all my playtime on video. Also, I'm now worried about what soultaker said...I don't want my account banned just because of my name. I've never had problems with it before. Is there any way I can change my name so I don't risk being banned?

EDIT* I've never been good at navigating forums or finding the right topics in the right areas...can someone point me in the right direction for changing my name?
There is no possible way to change your name. If staff feel that it is enough to warrant a ban, nothing can be done.

Tha-Kram

it's just a visual error, don't make such a big deal out of it

the first thing in a round that is being registered, is the outcoume
so when your pokemon faints, it loses its HP and when a pokemon is caught you get a system message that you received data of that pokemon (if it's your first)
after that it's playing the battle messages and moves, then it notices that there is no HP left to execute the move and it will give you a full HP bar which contain empty HP
then it can finish its move and make your pokemon faint like it is suppose to do

all in all it's nothing special, the end result would still be the same

ismokepots

Tha_Kram said:
it's just a visual error, don't make such a big deal out of it

the first thing in a round that is being registered, is the outcoume
so when your pokemon faints, it loses its HP and when a pokemon is caught you get a system message that you received data of that pokemon (if it's your first)
after that it's playing the battle messages and moves, then it notices that there is no HP left to execute the move and it will give you a full HP bar which contain empty HP
then it can finish its move and make your pokemon faint like it is suppose to do

all in all it's nothing special, the end result would still be the same

Makes sense. Even so, I've posted a video on my youtube account of the problem. Which, as it turns out, isn't caused by spamming attacks. See the video here : http://youtu.be/ObWUEu3KuyA Keep in mind that I knew I was going to lose this battle, and that the glitch I was referring to earlier on wasn't the exact same as this. The glitch I was referring to before did a bunch of things right quick without the bar on the left notifying me of anything. If I happen to catch the same one again on video, ill be sure to upload and post a link.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
It's just a client error making it look like you recovered more XP than you actually did. Because we cannot update the client it will often act in weird ways when we make changes to server coding and can't make it sync. leech seed didn't actually give you full hp after that move.