The Spawn Rate

Rigaudon

Youngster
AndyMister said:
I spent months hunting Eevees, a lot of money lost in Safari, even HR, NEVER they came. I disappointed again.

Er, to clarify, the Johto Safari has never had exclusion zones. A very few minority of maps had them, in fact.

I talked to Jinji to double check with everything. Luckily instances of exclusion zones were very isolated.

The maps affected were:

•Union Cave B2f - Surfing Tentacool (Will be fixed soon)
•Safari Zone 1 - Rhyhorn and Eggs; split halves of the map iirc. Strange design, huh! (Automatically fixed months ago during Block 5 when it was renovated)
•Dragons Den B1f - *Surfing Dratini (Fixed when brought to my attention. I accidentally said fishing the first time.)

The other maps that have exclusion zones are either tailored to specific coordinates by floor or have exclusion zones by design (eg: Splitting River Reserve with Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan on opposite sides). Obviously I've left those alone since it would end up with the maps breaking or getting sloppy/confusing.

Edit for clarification (and typos): As for Nikola, after he made the initial post on this topic he contacted me with some areas I checked out, but his information doesn't seem to update according to my changes so I went and contacted Jinji to doublecheck and get more information (which I have shared above). This should be the end of the problem.

Nikola

Youngster
MacCollin said:
Rigaudon said:
If what Nikola says is true, this is the nastiest, ugliest, stupidest, most arrogant scam I've ever heard...

People wonder why I and others are going through and redoing all the spawns? =P

There were not only poor judgements made with map spawns in the past but there are entire maps that are broken. As for the rest, the spawns I set for location was by route (varying rarities of Murkrow between Route 12-13 to give people hunting options) OR with Pokemon like Gyarados/Tentacruel who are too large to appear right next to the shallow shores of the beach (aka Common sense stuff) and changes like the latter are all on my topic in the change log.
-Rig

he is working on it. so i ll repeat my post again @ Nikola since you did not answer my question: "Nikola, why don´t you just send a message to Rigaudon explaning and showing him the spots you are talking about so he can concentrate on fixing the issue?" (instead of further heating up the atmosphere).[/quote]

What makes you think I never did
I precisely explained to her whats going on, long before she even posted. However, due to lack of server and database access she can't say if theres anything else messed up without bothering the admins. If there will be bothering, they know where to look instead of spending weeks walking in PWO and checking every map. Also, I could keep this for me and you would be hunting for the mist as you used to before. Don't spout random ****.

DomT.

Youngster
So...This Software actually works or no.. if it do then why dont u share this stuff.. :p

mad30

Youngster
I am actually torn between this whole spawn issue, I personally ejopy limited area that pokemon can be spawned however I do think players need to have a way to be informed about these.

In the original red/blue pokemon handhelds pickachu itself had a certain patch within viridian forest it could be found. I believe an NPC informed players of this.

In PWO's early years, scyther was the same way. Yet it was well known to the majority of players through word of mouth.

Part of the speculation forum I envisioned was to get information to travel among players via word of mouth without the pwo staff outright confirming anything. For players themselves to gain a little information about X and figure out the remaining information on X themselves so they could feel more involved with new releases.

vindatra

yea PWO must inform us about this rate, and must fix this asap. No inform and this spawn rate is totally . . . . . I can't say it. I give up at this game :'(