The Pokemon World Online News

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterkap

If you sent your email, please send it again to the right email(fixed on website!)

peterkap

We currently have 2 reporters that applied. Snatch up the last 3 spots!

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Your poll has two questions, what if our answer to both isn't the same answer?

peterkap

The Idea is to be the Offical Newspaper, so let me fix the question.

GawertyXL

I dont see how you can expect staff too just allow you to become "the official newspaper" there technically already is a official newspaper that just is awaiting to be restarted at some point in the future, I honestly dont like the fact your trying to come in and create your own "official" one. more or less, this should remain unnofficial.

peterkap

I don't expect them to just allow me to become the official newspaper, I am trying to make a new group of team members that can help out this game. It's too hard to revive the idea of Journalists, so I've brought a new idea that some staff members like (even one of the staff members are one of the reporters)

peterkap

4/5 Reporters! Get The Last Spot Before It's Too Late!
Once I receive 1 last application, I will release the 5 people who got the Job!

TheWyatt2012

I'm going to be painfully honest with you. Your "newspaper" is not going to attract a lot of attention, nor is it going to be very successful. You are not the first one to attempt this; several others have in the past, and all have failed; either because they couldn't take constructive criticism or because their spelling and grammatical errors spoiled the point they were trying to get across. Most of these projects failed also due to the lack of organization and more importantly, the lack of motivation, because they knew that they were never going to become "official".

Another problem is this: what are you going to put in your newspaper? What content does PWO provide? Sports broadcasters can talk about several things; statistics, players, games, etc. Local and national news broadcasts talk about murders, government issues, and occasionally international news. What does PWO have to offer? Maybe updates, but those don't happen often enough to keep a newspaper running. Maybe heated discussions? Honestly though, that would just result in a lot of copy pasting, which would lower people's interest in the newspaper if they can just read it themselves elsewhere.

At this rate, your "newspaper" is bound to fail. You have no agendas or standards, and you're lacking proper organization. You aren't even requiring your new "reporters" to submit a story or article to be approved; you're literally just accepting whoever comes by. Your project's focus is rather broad, which can cause confusion as people don't know what to talk about. It's like telling someone to make a speech about whatever they want.

You're thinking too much of the "now" and too little of the "future".

Status
Not open for further replies.