the perfect scam?

maadoo

so i was thinking , why would a scammer still attempt a scam when he knows that most players will use screenshots and that he will most likely get banned? that made me realize there is a serious flaw in the system that we have. to emphasize that flaw i m going to give an example of the perfect scam:
2 accounts are needed , these accounts needs different emails used in their registration and one of them needs to be used from different computers( to have different ips) in that case there is no way for a gm to link the 2 accounts , after that the scam becomes rather easy , the person can tell a friend of his to use one of the accounts , and the scammer uses the other account , so both accounts are on at the same time , the scammer than scams a player either by daycare.... , the scammer than moves the pokes to the other account (which can be done in a matter of minutes since the other account is online) , than when the victim realizes he z been scammed the posts the screenshots in community watch , the gms track down the pokes to find that they have been TRADED AWAY and nothing can be done to get them back , the scammer gets banned (the 1st account) , yet his other account with the stolen pokes remains intact , case closed.
the flaw i m trying to emphasize is the rule that when the poke gets traded away it can not be returned , i know the logic behind that rule is that the new owner of the poke would also become a victim since he would have paid for it . while that is technically true it is extremely unfair to the original victim plus like i said in the example the new owner could be in on the scam. so what i might suggest as a solution is that the original owner should get the poke weither it has been traded away or not ( provided that he has the appropriate ss) , the new owner gets compensation either by getting his money returned (provided he also has a ss of how much he has paid) i know that gms can t move money , well in that case either make it possible ( it shouldnt be that hard) or if it is not applicable in any way , than the new owner can get a poke from the banned account (scammer) which is considered value wise equal to the amount he paid for the pokes.

MrFlare2

Youngster
That IS a perfect scam... Now you've given the scamming community ideas. D:

maadoo

dude you seriously think nobody thought of that? that it was not implemented before?:p , look in community watch there are lots of example where you see all the scammed pokes with the same user , and it s also the reason why we still have so many scammers willing to scam . i want to find a solution to reduce scams not to create more:p

MrFlare2

Youngster
D: But I wuz joking. Meanie! *cries*
On Topic: While I Do Know That You Were Trying To Reduce Scamming and I am on your side, I don't think a scammer would be able to TRULY get away with it. GM's could eventually find out and rearrange the flaws SOMEHOW.

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
This was one thing that really shocks me here with all the strict rules you can purchase stolen good and still be allowed to keep it while the victim suffers. I asked about this a few months ago and the policy behind it really sucks, it was something like the innocent person that traded might have traded stuff the full details of the trade agreement won't be known along that lines. I mean if everyone one that does a trade usually ss of the agreement wont it be easier to get the person that has the stolen pokes on there account to provide those ss of the agreement so you give them back exactly what they traded for the stolen poke. No ss no compensation and you being the one that buys the stolen stuff without taking those precautions be the only one to to lose out for your own mistake.

HeavyPetter

If the trading system is just made functional, so that there is no need to trust the other person when trading, scamming will no longer be an issue. A system where you have to give a stranger an item you have spent lots of time obtaining and then trust them to give you something back without any guarantees is just begging for scammers.

luigi55

HeavyPetter, i dont see what you mean. The trading system IS functional. The only times something is ever scammed now is with buying membership, and daycaring pokes. And neither of those can be solved by fixing the trading system. Membership is distributed through Playerdex, and Daycaring, well, with Daycaring, you just have to trust the person to train your pokemon and return them. Neither of these leave the trading system at fault.

Saric

Youngster
HeavyPetter said:
If the trading system is just made functional, so that there is no need to trust the other person when trading, scamming will no longer be an issue. A system where you have to give a stranger an item you have spent lots of time obtaining and then trust them to give you something back without any guarantees is just begging for scammers.
the trading system is fine. it's more of the fault of the players who are not careful in what they do and instead blindly do anything, rather if it seems too good to be true or not.
It's not the system that's imperfect, it's the vastly reckless community.

Jinji

PWO's Resident Gengar
Staff member
Administrator
Website
jinji.gamescodex.net
Also, the Trading System has been updated several times with the view to prevent scams - for example, the Double Confirmation and the fact you can mouse over offered Pokémon to view their Stats. But while we can help reduce unfairness, the players need to take precautions as well.

Dragon1886

Jinji said:
Also, the Trading System has been updated several times with the view to prevent scams - for example, the Double Confirmation and the fact you can mouse over offered Pokémon to view their Stats. But while we can help reduce unfairness, the players need to take precautions as well.
Even still few players get confused in doing trade with wrong stat pokemon.A few days ago a player had given s gengar to a player by thinking that it is max speed dratini.H was able to see dratini real stat while doing trade but he did not notice at that time and noticed this after getting the dratini.

maadoo

i seriously think that alexandra_adriana scam and the other token store scams are done that way