The Great Token Seller's Strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukiro~

Youngster
I'm here to propose an idea in which I think will be efficient for everyone, I'm trying to think like a president here, while I'm not. I theorize that if the token sellers go on a strike that it will no doubt help the economy get better. Here's my ideals;

1) The drought period -Token traders agree to stop selling tokens until the economy is in high demand, now every period or strike like this of course will have its drought or dry times, but in the end I highly believe it will be worth it. We get the economy in high demand and at the same time give newer people a nice enough time period to gain money. I predict this time period will be no longer than a month, not to mention it will also keep money in your pockets.

2)The high demanding period - When people realize they're not getting what they desire because tokens are barely being soled anymore I can almost guarantee you one of these two things: People will start asking parents for money or trying to find a way to spend their own, or they will turn desperately in need of tokens in exchange for the game's money which only makes more sense and is less expensive...to me this is very rational.

3) Back in business - I predict that by the time people are in high demand obviously we can set the tokens back at a normal price, but not at a price so high that we'll just end up back where we were...we need the money to keep cycling, so I'd say around 5mil notice I'm only predicting a 3mil raise which whether or not you know it could easily mean big change to the economy.

4) Changing the economy - You're probably wondering what I meant and here is my perspective: Once the token demand is high and the prices for tokens go up to about five million, more things start to become affordable...and therefor prices on things such as shinys also go up, as the money is being recycled not to mention even more new money being made I believe we will no longer need to sell those once glorious shinys for such a low price. I think this will definitely help put the economy where it once was, now I'm not saying there may be things that can go wrong with this idea..I'm only saying or better yet asking for you to give it a chance. We're the members of pwo and we have to shape the community.

5) I need your help! - Token sellers! I know we all want to make more money and most of us want shiny prices to be restored to normal even normal users want that, so let's get it back to the way it was! I need you to join in this strike with me and refuse to sell tokens until we can safely vote that they're in higher demand, but if we ever feel like it's becoming a waste of time I have no problem with stopping this rant, but I ask of you to bare with me through this time because we can do this...so spread the word to other token sellers you know...if you want create designs for our sigs supporting this strike. Trust me, I strongly believe the economy will get better besides the new "market" system..so let's not wait!

Vote Yukiro for president, jk about this part, but seriously join! also contribute your ideals and thoughts I'd love to hear them, I'll accept criticism as long as it remains on topic, but please do not make this a debate.

Edit: If you'd like to participate in this and join the strike, please pm me and let me know so I can keep a list of people who are helping make the change.

psychosamm

Youngster
I think that this is a wonderful idea, and would work in theory. However with the amount of people you may be able to recruit for this cause, just as many will still be selling for low prices, and as long as there are at least a few consistent cheap token sellers, no one would pay 3m more for the same thing. If anything you would be getting slightly more only from those people who are impatient, or be incessantly low-balled or naggingly haggled at until you lowered your prices due to annoyance.
Also, there seems to be an uprising of people token scamming, and with that comes very low advertised prices, comparing you selling for 5m and someone else selling for 1m, would normally set off alarms, however people like taking chances, so they try it, get scammed, and are now too broke or too scared to buy tokens from someone else unless they're recognized. Which the thread with reputable token traders is now gone, so all you get is word of mouth.

I don't want to be a debbie downer, I think it would be great if all the token traders would come together and do this, I just doubt the ability for a vastly selfish community to come together and do something like this. Good thinking though!

Yukiro~

Youngster
Well, I do hope you're wrong in this case, but thanks...I hope you join in C: I'm only hoping I can rely on token traders to make sense of the situation we're all in and how this can definitely help. With that being said I can only hope that it's enough motivation to stay strong.

aaaaa11111

Alright, as much as I would looove for this idea to work, I have to say that I agree with Psychosamm. I will, for the time being, join in on this "Token Strike," for a little while to see what will happen. My main problem is getting the word out. If we can find a way to advertise this theory it may be possible. As for people being too scared to buy tokens, a rule we could enact would be to only buy tokens from members. I believe that if someone is willing to buy a membership themselves, they aren't going to risk having that account banned. For the people that will continue to sell at the low price, they are going to be bombarded by people wanting to buy tokens and I'm going to assume that:
1) There won't be a great number of people still selling.
2) They won't have an abundant supply.

I'm going to say that they will sell at good bit at first, but they'll quickly run dry. At that point we will get all the people that want the "Pokeconomy," (Yes I made that word myself :D) to be restored will begin the true strike and hopefully we will be successful.

Those are my plans and ideas. Open to criticism.

Thanks, aaaaa11111

Yukiro~

Youngster
I propose that we start by getting out of this topic and maybe proposing this idea in the General Discussion section and or the Trade section...not only this, but the guild section with staff permission...I say we get the guild leaders to try and get some of their members to cooperate...etc..

aaaaa11111

Ok, that sounds pretty good. If you repost this in another section that should help. I'll talk to all the token sellers I know

Ramensnoodle

Youngster
Everything on the server has been reducing in prices over the last few months so why should tokens be exempt from this? This won't catch on for the simple fact as soon as people start holding out selling tokens the smart ones will start and your strike will be useless for you. You don't see people telling staff that my pokes are losing value why don't you stop all shiny spawns for a month so i can make more money on them do you? My advice is to adapt or don't sell tokens your choice cuz you wont get anywhere with a strike.

Kaiko

Youngster
Ramensnoodle said:
Everything on the server has been reducing in prices over the last few months so why should tokens be exempt from this? This won't catch on for the simple fact as soon as people start holding out selling tokens the smart ones will start and your strike will be useless for you. You don't see people telling staff that my pokes are losing value why don't you stop all shiny spawns for a month so i can make more money on them do you? My advice is to adapt or don't sell tokens your choice cuz you wont get anywhere with a strike.

^This.

I for one am going to continue selling tokens if people are willing to buy them. It's a good idea and all I suppose, but I'm not interested in making a lot of profit in a pokemon game. I don't care about being rich in a game in general. With tokens being as low in price as they are, it makes it so the not so rich people have a better chance of buying tokens, if they have no means of donating. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is still going to sell tokens, even if they are selling as low as they are. You still make a profit. Yes it might not be a lot. But I don't think every single pwo player cares about being rich on a pokemon game. And if you do, then cool for you. I'm still going to sell tokens, for low prices. Whether people buy or not, that's up to them. And whether or not I am the only one doing it. If players see one person selling tokens cheaper then another, they're going to go to the cheapest one. It is that simple.

All in all, I don't mind tokens selling for what they are now. I'm sure I'll still find a buyer interested, even if this little strike idea does happen.

voltahit

Zack xd. Blame big didy for controlling the free market. He manipulates the trade with his price suggestions. By doing this. You are undoing what big didy
is trying to do.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
So let me get this straight: Pokemon prices are down and the price of Tokens has also dropped.

Seems like the natural order of things to me unless I'm missing something? Your tokens aren't buying any less pokemon right, since the pokemon prices have dropped too?

I must be missing something because you wouldn't be wanting to go on strike just to get more than you deserve for your tokens right?

The whole idea of the taxes was to reduce the amount of excess money in the game and restore a more manageable and affordable economy to the game. Seems like it's working, nice going PWO staff. O0

Merse

Youngster
As soon as you start the strike, I will start to sell tokens for 4-6-8 millions. And I'll have a great income ;)
The price of the tokens drop just for the same reason as for the price of the Pokemons do. And you can't do anything about it, even if you stop selling tokens, there will be always some people who think it worth them to sell tokens for 1.5m.

PoeticSilence

I'll honestly tell you now... I'm not going to go on strike for anything. I don't care what anyone thinks about the economy or their Pokemon not being valued correctly or what-not... Really none of it matters to me. Though... I do promise that I'm never going to sell a token for under 5m. That's just my own belief, that my real dollar is worth at least that much in pixel money. Haha

Dovee

Youngster
Yukiro~ said:
I propose that we start by getting out of this topic and maybe proposing this idea in the General Discussion section and or the Trade section...not only this, but the guild section with staff permission...I say we get the guild leaders to try and get some of their members to cooperate...etc..

Keep it here.

Yukiro~

Youngster
Everyone has their own points, doesn't mean mine is wrong :p but I can't help if no one else shares my sight, so I suppose some people made points I hadn't realized as I said I know there are some things that can be wrong with this plan, that I do not deny. Well, this was only an attempt in which to me was thought to have a more positive effect on the economy. I guess I'm being bias because I'm thinking more about how the old players want it...it's just hard to sit back and watch price drops when we're all so used to something else I guess.

WolxTheHunter

Banned
Let's make an example instead: 2 stores in same road, cheapest wins the costumers therefore people are selling stuffs(tokens in this case) cheaper than the other.
You can be lucky if you get 1 token sold for 5m, but the cheap guy can easily sell more tokens and get <advanced> because of the cheap price and get above the 5m.
Even if tokens sells for like 2m or lower, I won't sell anything unless its 3m each and the rumors says that when Mart will be released once again without bugs/glitches, the eco of PWO will be "more balanced". So I think your solution about the bad drops is Mart to be value increase.

psylensse

This must have been suggested before, but being able to convert tokens into pokedollars in the store would effectively stabilize a lot of the aspects of the pokeconomy, in essence turning tokens into a gold standard. out of curiosity, does anyone know why this hasn't been done? Are the powers that be waiting to see what natural stability is induced before setting a price?

Merse

Youngster
Yes, that would stabilize the price of tokens, but would ruin the price of Pokemons. First, everyone would buy money for tokens, so for a short time, there would be high demand even on less valuable (I mean 2-5m) Pokemons, but then suddenly everyone would have one, and their price would drop 50-80% in one month. And so game would become dependent on token buyers.
The best part of PWO that you can build a great team and you can become rich without donating a single dollar. Making tokens simply convertible to pokemoney would ruin this.

psylensse

I suspect the number of people who donate and acquire tokens won't change much, although I do agree people will probably spend it on pokedollars. (unless of course people use it as a means of quickly acquiring a surfboard; then, hey! more donations). I think high quality pokemon (good --> epic IVs) would still go for a premium. This would perhaps stratify the casual collector from the more serious gamer. Is that a bad thing? And is setting a token to pokedollar ratio so different from someone buying UC pokemon with their tokens and turning around and selling it for pokedollars? I think it's ultimately the same practice, but this way there's stability to the pricing.

Maideza

This is idiotic, Zack.

ceb1c16f7a_7244119_4142350.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.