The games Economy and shiny chance

Electrofreak

mad30 said:
Question:

What do you think would happen if pwo reduced the guaranteed shiny IVs again?

How do all natures/abilities in game affect this?

1. Shiny IVs are part of what make the game unique. If they lowered it again, then all you would really do is make shinies non-viable in competitive play. It would remove some of the identity from the game and make it not really stand out. Shinies have a two-fold use here. You hunt them because they are rare but also useful. This is a way to blend the competitive and collector markets in ways no other game has done properly. It has its pros and cons, but it allows for a more fluid marketplace and thus helps the game's health in the long-term.

2. Natures and abilities make IVs matter less in terms of min-maxing. Having 20-25 defense as opposed to 31 on a sweeper won't be much of a difference. The only IV that really ends up being more directly worth each point is speed for any pokemon roughly base 80 or higher. With some pokemon it typically results in "31 speed or don't use it" complex, while others can be more flexible depending on the sets they run and what you plan to use them for in a specific team composition. Natures and abilities matter more at a base level than IVs do. Example would be an adamant Tyranitar with 0 attack ivs would still have a higher attack than a 31 iv attack tyranitar with a jolly nature.

(I wanted to give it a while to let some other players respond, but since no one did, I might as well just take the crack at it for the sake of information.)

mad30

Youngster
Well based on the latest announcment from the devs of the battle system overhaul sounds like either abilities or natures are next and hopefully soon. Personally I hope natures come first. Either way I myself am not putting a lot of stock in the current economy and pokes as I believe it will change a lot.

I was trying to catch a good startup, but then I realized all pokes only are caught with a certain nature and ability and only 1. When natures come this will make almost all current pokes obsolete then if natures are more important than ivs.. and if not when natures come almost certainly with all abilities.

Electrofreak

mad30 said:
Well based on the latest announcment from the devs of the battle system overhaul sounds like either abilities or natures are next and hopefully soon. Personally I hope natures come first. Either way I myself am not putting a lot of stock in the current economy and pokes as I believe it will change a lot.

I was trying to catch a good startup, but then I realized all pokes only are caught with a certain nature and ability and only 1. When natures come this will make almost all current pokes obsolete then if natures are more important than ivs.. and if not when natures come almost certainly with all abilities.

It has been stated that they are working on some type of system to modify natures. This is to prevent literally EVERY SINGLE POKEMON, from becoming absolutely worthless. Nothing runs neutral. I would assume abilities will be in the same boat as well, because some pokemon are completely useless without it. However they have only confirmed nature. They have also confirmed that whatever system it is won't be super easy like playerdex.

My guess is there will be some quest or task that reshuffles your nature and ability, or maybe you get some item that changes their personality/nature.

From what we do know however, there is a purpose to getting some pokemon. For a base line of what would be useful, just check out the BW smogon OU/BL/UU stuff. We have a different meta here but things in those tiers are there with a full system, so they will be just as good/better here by and large since we lack competition for the niches some pokemon provide. There might be some exceptions.

mad30

Youngster
Can you please link to source on where you heard they are working on a system to modify natures? Maybe there are more clues on what they are planning.

Electrofreak

mad30 said:
Can you please link to source on where you heard they are working on a system to modify natures? Maybe there are more clues on what they are planning.

It was said in help chat a couple times by Rig and Anima, so I can't link it. If there was anything else said in those chats, I didn't see it. I posted all that I was aware of in my prior post. The only thing uncertain are abilities, but I think it could be a fair assumption given everything else that was said.

BoiledEggs

Shiny chance? Decent enough
Member Chance? Little high enough
Number of active player? Around 70 up to 150ish. Little more during the weekend.
Community type? Desperate few and guild orientated. Which resulted in a number of active players. Usually former staff starting and participating a discussion during their lunch break.
Modifying natures? Wrong and very poor attempt to be competitive again.
Chance of a good poke? Same as the chance of a "worthless" poke.
Staff / Player relationship? Again, guild orientated. Yet to see something different.

lynx0911

I disagree with this, this is plain stupid for one reason, YOU THINK YOU CAN SET YOUR OWN PRICE FOR YOUR POKEMON, The fact that you want people to gain money just so that you can have gain more from your pokemon is stupid, I am a 4 month old player and I don't have much compared to the top players but that is justified because they have played the game way longer than I do and they deserved it, they started out when the game was at its newest and had its possible advantages, Prices are not based on what you think they are but what people are willing to pay for.