The 2011 World's Greatest Awards

Naero

It's that time of year again!

These award threads have been an ongoing annual trend over the years, so I thought I'd host it again to reflect on our community over the year. Due to a prolonged period of game downtime circa September-2010 to January-2011 (last year's awards thread was hosted during that time span), there was miniscule activity on the forums due to the absence of the game; thus there were a minimal amount of votes submitted, resulting in many group ties between different catogories. Given the betterment of the forums activity in recent months, compared to last year's situation, hopefully a more collective outcome will be produced by this year's nominations.

What to do:
Copy/paste the following ballot form into a post form or a 3rd-party application (such as wordpad, per se), then fill out the corresponding categories where you deem best fit. You may submit your ballot by posting in this thread or by PMing me it.

Note: You are not required to fill out every category on the ballot - Not all of us may be caught up with all categories to have whismical insight for a candidate; and some staff member duties are more prominent behind the scenes, which can make it hard to form a well thought out reflection on their work. Feel free to leave categories blank and possibly modify them later.

This current ballot is substantially based off of last year's ballot, with some minor modifications, but I feel like it may be improved further, or I may have forgotten to include some standard categories. If you have any suggestions to edit the ballot, feel free to suggest it I may comply and amend it, if it's within reason.

Rules for nominations:

1. Do not vote for yourself in any category.
2. You may not vote for your own guild/guild leader in either respective category.
3. If a staff member has switched staff positions over the course of the year, you may only vote for them in one category. For example, if a :CG: was promoted to :GM:, you could only nominate them in one category; either :CG: or :GM:, but not in both categories.
4. Limit your nominations to one person per category. If you vote for multiple individuals in one category, I may choose to either divide up the vote credits between users, or choose to only accredit one user or none based off of arbitration.

The current voting deadline is scheduled on January 1st. After the deadline has passed, I will count up all votes casted prior to the deadline, and announce the winners for each respective category. Deadline is subject to change, and may be amended depending on circumstances.

If you have any questions or need any clarifications, feel free to post here or send your inquiry in a PM.

Members
Smartest:
Friendliest:
Funniest:
Best Debater (who forms the most persuasive argumentations?):
Best Couple:
Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category):
Best New Member (who joined in 2011):
Most Missed (who parted from PWO this year but hasn't returned):
Most Influential (good or bad, who made the biggest impact on the community this year?):

Staff
Best Admin:
Best DEV:
Best GM:
Best GE:
Best CG:
Best Artist:
Best Mapper:
Best Composer:
Best IRC Staff Member:
Most Dedicated Staff Member (regardless of how well they perform their labeled staff role, who contributes to the betterment of PWO the most overall?):
Most Honorable Former Staff Member (basically any former staff member who resigned this year):

Trainers/Guilds:
Best PVP Trainer:
Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?):
Most Generous Trainer:
Best Guild:
Best Guild Leader:

Miscellaneous
Best Event:
Best Update:
Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?):
Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year):

AFLAX41386

My best nominations
Members
Smartest: CheckeredZebra
Friendliest: CheckeredZebra
Funniest: CheckeredZebra
Best Debater (who forms the most persuasive argumentations?): CheckeredZebra
Best Couple: CheckeredZebra & CheckeredZebra
Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category): CheckeredZebra
Best New Member (who joined in 2011): CheckeredZebra
Most Missed (who parted from PWO this year but hasn't returned): CheckeredZebra
Most Influential (good or bad, who made the biggest impact on the community this year?): CheckeredZebra

Staff
Best Admin: CheckeredZebra
Best DEV: CheckeredZebra
Best GM: CheckeredZebra
Best GE: CheckeredZebra
Best CG: CheckeredZebra
Best Artist: CheckeredZebra
Best Mapper: CheckeredZebra
Best Composer: CheckeredZebra
Best IRC Staff Member: CheckeredZebra
Most Dedicated Staff Member (regardless of how well they perform their labeled staff role, who contributes to the betterment of PWO the most overall?): CheckeredZebra
Most Honorable Former Staff Member (basically any former staff member who resigned this year): CheckeredZebra

Trainers/Guilds:
Best PVP Trainer: CheckeredZebra
Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?): CheckeredZebra
Most Generous Trainer: CheckeredZebra
Best Guild: CheckeredZebra
Best Guild Leader: CheckeredZebra

Miscellaneous
Best Event: The day I met CheckeredZebra
Best Update: Promotion of CheckeredZebra
Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?): CheckeredZebra
Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year): Sitting at the lake in Celadon with CheckeredZebra, as we looked at our reflections together.

My bonus choice:
Best CheckeredZebra:  CheckeredZebra

But my real votes:
Members
Smartest: PkmnTrainerRed
Friendliest: Maple
Funniest: Bis, Sarge, and Nova
Best Debater (who forms the most persuasive argumentations?): Myself
Best Couple: CheckeredZebra & Myself
Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category): Sharingan
Best New Member (who joined in 2011): Soundkill
Most Missed (who parted from PWO this year but hasn't returned): Zidonuke
Most Influential (good or bad, who made the biggest impact on the community this year?): Some random BR

Staff
Best Admin: Kyro
Best DEV: Zidonuke
Best GM: Nikola
Best GE: PkmnTrainerRed
Best CG: CheckeredZebra
Best Artist: CheckeredZebra
Best Mapper: IDK
Best Composer: IDK
Best IRC Staff Member: CheckeredZebra
Most Dedicated Staff Member (regardless of how well they perform their labeled staff role, who contributes to the betterment of PWO the most overall?): Zidonuke
Most Honorable Former Staff Member (basically any former staff member who resigned this year): Crenel

Trainers/Guilds:
Best PVP Trainer: Myself
Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?): Myself
Most Generous Trainer: CheckeredZebra
Best Guild: pureTRUTH
Best Guild Leader: Myself

Miscellaneous
Best Event: The day the BRs invaded CW
Best Update: My return to PWO
Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?): The reflection in the water in Celadon, the reflections were on grass.
Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year): Sitting at the lake in Celadon with CheckeredZebra, as we looked at our reflections together.

There you have it folks, good night everyone.

Professor_Maple

Members
Smartest: Naero
Friendliest: Kaiko
Funniest:LunaticJames
Best Debater: N/A
Best Couple: Kaiko and Vivi (Not an RL Couple but close enough PWO wise :3)
Most Helpful: LunaticJames
Best New Member: N/A
Most Missed: N/A
Most Influential: 0ghost0 for his countless CW Posts resulting in unfair bans.

Staff
Best Admin: Lee
Best DEV: Jinji
Best GM: Mad30
Best GE: Zeta
Best CG: Chocobo7
Best Artist: N/A
Best Mapper: N/A
Best Composer: Arnie
Best IRC Staff Member: Naero
Most Dedicated Staff Member: Jinji
Most Honorable Former Staff Member: N/A

Trainers/Guilds:
Best PVP Trainer: N/A
Best Hunter: lundy2011
Most Generous Trainer: SethShadows
Best Guild: N/A
Best Guild Leader: N/A

Miscellaneous
Best Event: Halloween Event
Best Update: N/A
Most Shocking Moment: Arnie leaving PWO
Most Memorable Moment: The BR Raid on CW

N/A - I just don't know enough, nor have an opinion of these categories.

I

inileater

Members
Smartest: Naero
Friendliest: Kaiko
Funniest:Vicariously_Vital
Best Couple:
Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category): Professor_Maple
Best New Member (who joined in 2011):
Most Influential (good or bad, who made the biggest impact on the community this year?):

Staff
Best Admin: Bluerise
Best GM: Bis_Eastwood
Best GE: Dovee
Best CG: Mist
Best Artist: Moral_Paradox
Best Mapper: Rares97
Best IRC Staff Member: Hotmonfonty
Most Dedicated Staff Member (regardless of how well they perform their labeled staff role, who contributes to the betterment of PWO the most overall?): Mad30
Most Honorable Former Staff Member (basically any former staff member who resigned this year):

Trainers/Guilds:
Best PVP Trainer :risefromruins
Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?):bobotheclown
Most Generous Trainer: Sethshadows
Best Guild: Rare Hunters Guild
Best Guild Leader:

Miscellaneous
Best Event:
Best Update:
Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?):
Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year):

Seth

Smartest: Risefromruins
Friendliest: Carolyn
Funniest: Lundy2011
Best Debater (who forms the most persuasive argumentations?): jboysr5 (forget his username)
Best Couple: Lundy2011 and Palmela Handerson ;]
Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category): CheckeredZebra
Best New Member (who joined in 2011): zppi
Most Missed (who parted from PWO this year but hasn't returned): zammbi :( /doesnt count
Most Influential (good or bad, who made the biggest impact on the community this year?): Zidonuke

Staff
Best Admin: Bluerise  (RIP Crenel >.>)
Best GM: Mad30 (SORRY BIS + STANK </3)
Best GE: Dovekip
Best CG: Mist, Chocobo7 (Sorry everyone else :()
Best Artist: Darkrown
Best Composer: GrumpyOptimist
Most Dedicated Staff Member (regardless of how well they perform their labeled staff role, who contributes to the betterment of PWO the most overall?): Bluerise for his outstanding dedication to PWO.
Most Honorable Former Staff Member (basically any former staff member who resigned this year): zammbi

Trainers/Guilds:
Best PVP Trainer: UltimateML1
Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?): CatalinR (S Scyther by mistake >.> Raaaageee)
Most Generous Trainer: pkmntrayneryellow
Best Guild: Cryptic Complexity
Best Guild Leader: Knuckles002

Miscellaneous
Best Event: Halloween <3
Best Update: oh god. Dovee's Diglett Cave NPCs by far, close runner up in Jinji's "Shakes, will it catch?" instead of "Used a Pokeball. Success!"
Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?): Zidonuke dropping the bomb and whining like a teenage girl about it.
Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year): Vicariously_Vital beat me in a PVP...

EDIT:
AFLAX41386, I love CZ too, but you can only vote her once.

AFLAX41386

Seth said:
AFLAX41386, I love CZ too, but you can only vote her once.

Actually it says only one person per category in rule 4, so I am OK in voting Zebra for everything.

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
My totally srs nominations. It is completely unbiased in every way.
Members
Smartest: Alfax
Friendliest: Aflax
Funniest: Aflax
Best Debater (who forms the most persuasive argumentations?): Aflax (for real though)
Best Couple: Alfax with himself
Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category): Alfax
Best New Member (who joined in 2011): Aflax
Most Missed (who parted from PWO this year but hasn't returned): Aflax
Most Influential (good or bad, who made the biggest impact on the community this year?): Afkax
Staff
Best Admin: [ADM] Aflax
Best DEV: [DEV] Aflax
Best GM: [GM] Aflax
Best GE:  [GE] Aflax
Best CG: [CG] Aflax
Best Artist: [ART]Aflax
Best Mapper: [MAP]Aflax
Best Composer: pCR} Aflax
Best IRC Staff Member: Aflax
Most Dedicated Staff Member (regardless of how well they perform their labeled staff role, who contributes to the betterment of PWO the most overall?): [GOD]Aflax
Most Honorable Former Staff Member (basically any former staff member who resigned this year): Aflax

Trainers/Guilds:
Best PVP Trainer: Aflax
Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?): Aflax
Most Generous Trainer: Aflax
Best Guild: <Aflax>
Best Guild Leader: Aflax

Miscellaneous
Best Event: The day I met Aflax
Best Update: No update can compare to Aflax.
Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?):  Seeing Aflax again
Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year): Sitting at a lake and talking with Aflax for 4 straight hours.
Best Checkeredzebra: Aflax.

Fine, for real:
Members

Smartest: Mindnum (My good, good friend.) Always had something insightful or deep to say, things that would make me think.

Friendliest: Fionavara. Fion supported me when I needed it, and has been very kind to me. When I felt unconfident, fion went the extra mile and said extremely insightful things. Not only this, but I see fion treating everyone fairly and greeting all. Definately an underrated user.

Funniest: Aflax (best list evar) Runner up: Mindnum. Geez, he was funny.

Best Debater (who forms the most persuasive argumentations?): Hail to ye who were unbanned.

Best Couple: Mindnum and slytherclaw, who are still together after a year or so.

Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category): Naero. Always helping here, in the IRC...I don't think I've ever seen him say a sentence ingame that did -not- contribute to the community. Lol.

Best New Member (who joined in 2011): I love you all but I don't know you.

Most Missed (who parted from PWO this year but hasn't returned): ChromaticFlame. He was a good friend of mine that nobody knows anymore.

Most Influential (good or bad, who made the biggest impact on the community this year?): Zidonuke

--------------
Staff
--------------
Best Admin: Bluerise. He does everything he feels he should, and then some more.

Best DEV: Vash, he is respectable, and even though he doesn't talk much, is a great person.
Honorable mention: Jinji, who has stuck with PWO through staff drama, Nintendo lawsuits, and rabid DEVs.

Best GM: Mad30. Amusing and does his job well.

Best GE: Luke, though dove is also awesome. Co-wrote Dusk Town's concepts.

Best CG: Hard choice, dunno. All are doing well, I'm very proud of the CGs that we have now. Normally there are a few people who I just ask "...why the crap are
they CGs?" But not this year, nope. Especially the newer CGs, who make sound decisions and judgements despite having less experience.

Best Artist: Moral_Paradox. I am always impressed by his designs.

Best Mapper: Rares. He is awesome at what he does.

Best Composer: Arnie. And not just cause I can't vote for myself. He's done most
of the work along with his brother, and I'll miss him greatly. He was also a kind person.

Best IRC Staff Member: Hitmonfonty. He is mature, respectable, and treats everyone fairly regardless of how they treat him.

Most Dedicated Staff Member (regardless of how well they perform their labeled staff role, who contributes to the betterment of PWO the most overall?): Moral_Paradox. Despite having only one other team member, he does everything he needs to do (sometimes on very short notice.) I know many people are going to ask "why not lee?" Well, Lee is going to win, and I feel that Moral REALLY deserves some props. Besides, I mentioned Lee's awesomeness in my nomination of him.

Mindnum went above and beyond to work through a broken staff structure to push updates you see today.

Honorable mention: Nee. Nee was awesome.
EDIT: Wait a sec, he just posted...

------------------
Trainers/Guilds:
-----------------

Best PVP Trainer: Dove, not that I know so much about training...

Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?): Dove has the equivalent of Noah's Ark in his PC.

Most Generous Trainer: SethShadows. He likes to give for the sake of giving, and respects nothing in return. He's like PWOs year-round Santa.

Best Guild: N.a

Best Guild Leader: N.a

-----------------
Miscellaneous
----------------

Best Event: DUSK TOWN FO SHIZZLE!! We put so much work into that, freaking
thing took literally years. You have no idea how much love and dedication went into that event, and how much I spammed IRC with "ZOMG IT'S FINALLY OUT WE DID IT" when I saw the release update.

Best Update: edited: Mad's hug NPC. It's so cool/amusing/cute.
Honorable/more logical mention: Cerulean Cave

Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?): Learning Noctowl can learn sky attack, and thus is actually more viable.

Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year): Talking for 4 straight hours with Aflax while laughing at fail water reflections with some random dude that had a snorlax.

ShinyMarill

Members
Smartest: Risefromruins/mynamesbobby
Friendliest: AdamWest and rbecca, both awesome and friendly people <3
Funniest: Jeremyquas
Best Debater (who forms the most persuasive argumentations?): Novox
Best Couple: Domani and Ecthow
Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category): LunaticJames, Professor_Maple
Best New Member (who joined in 2011): Novox
Most Missed (who parted from PWO this year but hasn't returned): Perri
Most Influential (good or bad, who made the biggest impact on the community this year?): [    ] Seeing as I haven't been around for most of the year, I'm leaving this blank.

Staff
Best GM: AdamWest
Best CG: Domani, Chocobo7, Mist, Pansy, Casper, SuperMerf, Mantis and I dun care if I can only vote for one D:<
Best Artist: Moral_Paradox
Best Composer: GrumpyOptimist
Best IRC Staff Member: Zukiedo
Most Dedicated Staff Member (regardless of how well they perform their labeled staff role, who contributes to the betterment of PWO the most overall?): Bluerise
Most Honorable Former Staff Member (basically any former staff member who resigned this year): Mindnum, Nee

Trainers/Guilds:
Best PVP Trainer: Novox
Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?): Bobotheclown
Most Generous Trainer: Pwncess
Best Guild:
Best Guild Leader:

Miscellaneous
Best Event: Probably the Halloween event
Best Update:
Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?): Wasn't here for much of it~

D

dracoattacker

Members
Smartest: Professor_Maple
Friendliest: Knuckles002
Funniest: Grmpodigy
Best Debater (who forms the most persuasive argumentations?): IDK
Best Couple: Idk
Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category): Knuckles002
Best New Member (who joined in 2011): I have no idea, there are so many awesome players.
Most Missed (who parted from PWO this year but hasn't returned): No one.
Most Influential (good or bad, who made the biggest impact on the community this year?): Idk

Staff
Best GM: I actually never talked to one...
Best CG: Inilieater
Best Artist: Haven't seen any staff art, or I don't know who made it.
Best Mapper: I don't know who made what.
Best IRC Staff Member: Hitmon (Don't know the exact name).
Most Dedicated Staff Member (regardless of how well they perform their labeled staff role, who contributes to the betterment of PWO the most overall?): CheckeredZebra
Most Honorable Former Staff Member (basically any former staff member who resigned this year): CheckeredZebra

Trainers/Guilds:
Best PVP Trainer: Knuckles002 and Kaiko, can't decide. >,<
Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?): Knuckles002
Most Generous Trainer: Vicatorously_Vital (Sorry for not the good name xD)
Best Guild: Rare Hunters
Best Guild Leader: Knuckles002 and Krisz017

Miscellaneous
Best Event: Halloween Event
Best Update: Trade City
Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?): That I won something with Leptoons giveaway.
Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year): Becoming friends with some players I'm still friends with.

I

inileater

dracoattacker said:
Best CG: Inilieater

Misspelling, lol ;P its appreciated though.

Penelope126 said:

Best CG: Domani, Chocobo7, Mist, Pansy, Casper, SuperMerf, Mantis and I dun care if I can only vote for one D:<

Just for the record, SuperMerf = inileater

Bluerise

Youngster
Administrator
dracoattacker said:

That wild animal is still with us today.  :p

CheckeredZebra said:
Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category): Naero

Technically though, Naero is staff member (even if it's only just in IRC).

lundy2011

Members
Smartest: naero
Friendliest: zebby
Funniest sethshadow
Best Debater (who forms the most persuasive argumentations?):inileater
Best Couple:
Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category)maple
Best New Member (who joined in 2011): there lots :)
Most Missed (who parted from PWO this year but hasn't returned): tons of people :(
Most Influential (good or bad, who made the biggest impact on the community this year?):zidnoke :p

Staff
Best Admin: bluerise
Best DEV: jinji
Best GM: adamwest
Best GE: dovee
Best CG: pansy
Best Artist: paradox
Best Mapper:
Best Composer: zebby
Best IRC Staff Member:pansy
Most Dedicated Staff Member (regardless of how well they perform their labeled staff role, who contributes to the betterment of PWO the most overall?):

Trainers/Guilds:
Best PVP Trainer:mati_leo
Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?):bobotheclown
Most Generous Trainer: sethshadow
Best Guild:CC
Best Guild Leader: hof

Miscellaneous
Best Event: halloween event
Best Update:mads hug npc :)
Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?):zidonuke crying XD
Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year):getting to meet sooooo many awesome players :)

I

inileater

lundy2011 said:
Best Update:mads hug npc

I couldn't help but lol, i was indecisive on this part of the little thing, and since it was okay to leave some things blank..

Dovee

Youngster
Members
Smartest: Smart people play this?
Friendliest: CheckeredZebra
Funniest: JD001
Best Debater (who forms the most persuasive argumentations?): mad30
Best Couple: Domani + Ecthow
Best New Member (who joined in 2011): xNovoxx
Most Missed (who parted from PWO this year but hasn't returned): Arenya
Most Influential (good or bad, who made the biggest impact on the community this year?): Leelee

Staff
Best Admin: Leelee
Best GM: mad30
Best GE: Luke
Best CG: Choco
Best Artist: Moral
Best Mapper: Jubie
Best Composer: Arnie
Best IRC Staff Member: Pansy
Most Dedicated Staff Member (regardless of how well they perform their labeled staff role, who contributes to the betterment of PWO the most overall?): Leelee
Most Honorable Former Staff Member (basically any former staff member who resigned this year): Nee -cries-

Trainers/Guilds:
Best PVP Trainer: xNovoxx
Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?): Bobothenoob
Most Generous Trainer: Seth
Best Guild Leader:

Miscellaneous
Best Event: Halloween
Best Update: Sleep Powder Failing
Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?): The triangle of Nee Arenya and Crenel being gone
Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year): Reaching 1000 wins

CheckeredZebra

Youngster
Technically though, Naero is staff member (even if it's only just in IRC).
Bleh he should still count. D:<

*Changes best update to hug NPC* How could I forget?! Shame on me.

Chocobo7

Youngster
Website
twitter.com
May be subject to change:

Members
Smartest: -
Friendliest: Pansy
Funniest: - (too many people)
Best Debater (who forms the most persuasive argumentations?): Mad30
Best Couple: Domani and Ecthow
Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category): Naero (based on IRC staff not being ingame staff :p )
Best New Member (who joined in 2011): Vicariously_Vital
Most Missed (who parted from PWO this year but hasn't returned): -

Staff
Best GM: Mad30 or BisEastwood
Best CG: Mist
Best Artist: Moral Paradox
Most Dedicated Staff Member (regardless of how well they perform their labeled staff role, who contributes to the betterment of PWO the most overall?): Bluerise
Most Honorable Former Staff Member (basically any former staff member who resigned this year): - I couldn't choose :(

Trainers/Guilds
Best PVP Trainer: - don't battle much
Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?): BoboTheClown
Most Generous Trainer: SethShadows
Best Guild Leader: -

Miscellaneous
Best Event: Legendary Cup (a shame I had to drop out, but its worked well and gave some competition between staff and players :p )
Best Update: Halloween (great times were had all round :3 )
Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?): Arnie leaving
Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year): Becoming CG :3

risefromruins

Youngster
Members
Smartest: Seth
Friendliest: Carolyn
Funniest: Puar
Best Couple: Dovee and Stank
Most Helpful (staff members/apprentices do not count for this category): Maple
Best New Member (who joined in 2011): Novox
Most Influential (good or bad, who made the biggest impact on the community this year?): Zido

Staff
Best Admin: Lee
Best GM: Bis
Best GE: Dovee
Best CG: Casper
Best Artist:
Best Mapper:
Best Composer: Zeb
Most Honorable Former Staff Member (basically any former staff member who resigned this year): Zammbi

Trainers/Guilds:
Best PVP Trainer: Dovee
Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?): Bobo
Best Guild:
Best Guild Leader:

Miscellaneous
Best Event: Halloween
Best Update:
Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?): Common Gastly
Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year): PWO Jail time with JD and Kaiko -_-

xNovoxx

Members
Smartest: Are we judging intelligence on the level of a 5th grader? or that of the real world. Even then, neither apply.
Friendliest: Penelope126
Funniest: -
Best Debater (who forms the most persuasive argumentations?): -
Best Couple: Domani & Ecthow
Best New Member (who joined in 2011): -
Most Missed (who parted from PWO this year but hasn't returned): Wasn't around long enough to miss anyone that left

Staff
Best GM: Mad30
Best CG: Chocobo
Best Artist: -
Best Mapper: -
Best Composer: -

Trainers/Guilds:
Best PVP Trainer: Dovee
Best Hunter (regardless of their PVP skill, who manages to obtain a large array of quality rare/shiny pokemon?): BobotheClown
Best Guild: -
Best Guild Leader: -

Miscellaneous
Best Event: Legendary Cup
Best Update: Confuse Ray & Sleep Powder fixes and Snorlax's Moveset Update (Gives me impression that actual work is being done on movesets)

Most Shocking Moment (positive or negative, what surprised you the most throughout the course of the year?): Dragon's Den being a useless addition since no one's gonna make it there or finds it worth the time to :p

Most Memorable Moment (completely a subjective matter and it may not result in many mutual votes, but it's still fun for reflecting on the year): Registering in August or September lol