Tentacruel poison suicide (bug)

Fionavara

Been training my tentacruel and noticing that everytime it manage to poison the opponent with either poison jab or sludge wave the poison damange is targeting the tentas health and not the opponents, it's grapical since once the battle is over the tenta gets full strength again but if it "fake" dies in battle u can't use it anymore.
That bug of "fake" dieing can be "solved" by using a healing item on the poke, that way it "returns" with full strenght again in the battle.
might want to take a look on it, I suppose it has to do with the diffrent poison status, I been training my muk at the same time but havn't seen the issue using sludge wave with Muk.

SapphirePhoenix

Something similar is happening to me, except with the move Toxic. After it was set on an opponent, the poison appeared to be affecting my Pokemon instead of the opponent. But as you said, it's mostly graphical. I attempted to screenshot it too:

I set Toxic on the Pidgey, and when it was hurt by the poison, my Pokemon's health bar got docked instead
lE2pv1v.png

At the end of the battle the final poison infliction that fainted the pidgey appeared to have affected my Pokemon instead and so the client showed my Pokemon fainting alongside the Pidgey. However it was purely graphical because my Pokemon still got the exp and after battle it appeared fine and healthy with the amount of HP it was supposed to have.
mMNWTrK.png

Tha-Kram

I think I should have read before I posted
same issue, poisoned a Ditto and got hit myself

I switched out pokemon, and they got hurt by poison too, and lost 150+ HP at once
exactly 12 HP less than the previous pokemon, which happened to be 1/16th of the HP of the wild pokemon

Fionavara

Found the same issue with vileplom, using poison powder.
might want to take a look on all the poison pokes, seems there might be issues on more then one of those moves.

Tha-Kram

I asked PDavis about it, he encountered the same problem
but he used Toxic, I used Poisonpowder and in your first post you said you used poison jab and sludge wave

I think it is more about the status than one of the moves
unless they changed all moves, but I doubt that has happened