Switching Option.

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
I'd like to suggest that when in a Non PVP battle, we implement the option of switching when an opponent is changing pokemon after one pokemon has fainted. This is illustrated here:
http://prntscr.com/2k81ya
http://prntscr.com/2k8260

The reason for this is that it makes it harder to train when you have to switch out after the Pokemon is already in battle because you have to take a hit if you want to switch. Say an NPC throws a Machamp out on my Umbreon, obviously I'm going to switch unless I have a high level advantage. If I switch to my next Pokemon, let's say an Arcanine... it's going to get hit by cross chop and take unnecessary damage. I should have been able to switch to Arcanine automatically when I saw he was throwing out Machamp. Adding this would just make training that much easier.

Professor.Oak

Im pretty sure this has been discussed before, obviously this swathing option is how it is done in the games iirc, though I'm guessing they haven't implemented it because of client issues yadayadayada personal life yadayadayada volunteers yadadada, though I'm guessing it will eventually be implemented as the game is more cable of being more like the handhelds, it does have a lot of advantages like you mentioned as switching in battle is also a tactic in PvP and non-PvP battles.

magevideogames

I am all for this. Making it a Non PvP option only also prevents the whole it's unfair thing. Although I do not see how it's unfair.

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
Just to clarify, it is unfair on the opponent due to the fact that you would not know which pokemon they would be putting out next until it actually comes out of the pokeball- or they say '"I choose you, bulbasaur!". So the way it is, and was by default in the earlier versions of the handhelds, was totally in favour of the player. It would also make moves like pursuit- if and when that is made to work- almost useless when used by NPCs.

I think one of the attractions of Pokemon for many is that it is a game where everyone wins. Many games are difficult at best to complete, while some are downright hard or almost impossible for the average player to beat with an unreasonable amount of playtime. In Pokemon if your pokemon faint you just heal and try again, if you fail at a maze or puzzle you just try a different way until you get it right- you never really lose. But it could be argued that some parts of Pokemon were made 'too easy' and having the prescient ability to know which pokemon will be next in a battle is one of them. Does anybody think that?

EcoWOLFrb

Youngster
No, I don't think that. Battling NPC's in both handhelds and PWO is arguably more about training for the most part than any sort of challenge, if it wasn't then the gym leaders would need extra training in order to defeat them aside from the apparent NPCs, and the elite 4 would be all lv 90's. To be quite honest the fun in pokemon comes from storyline, collecting, and PVP, and I don't see battling NPCs for training as anything but tedious and necessary, which is why I think in this particular sense that molding PWO to be more like the handhelds would be a good thing.

markiex123

Switch Pokemon

Why dont we get asked to switch Pokemon after our Opponent Trainer is changing Pokemon?