Swinub and Piloswine petition (GM's please read)

PhillyCheezsteak

I completely understand swinub is a common and rare pokemon in the Ice Path cave in Johto, but it is missing some of his key attacks in the game. One of them is the move Earthquake, which he learns at level 37. I understand gen 4 moves are still being worked on so not learning ice shard at level 28 is understandable, but piloswine should learn the move ice fang at level 28. I understand ice fang is a gen 4 move, but totodile learns it at level 20, so it is already programmed in the game. Piloswine's base sp attack stat is 40 points lower than their base attack stat, but its strongest attack move is take down. This is a problem since take down does not benefit from STAB. Also if ice fang and earthquake are added it will not be over powered since ice fang's base power is 65, compared to blizzard's base power of 120. Please consider this and add earthquake and ice fang to swinub and piloswine's moveset. Anyone else feel free to comment on what you think.

Maideza

They should just update all Pokemons to Gen V moves, rather than only 20% of them or so.

Not sure why it would take so long, honestly. (Not meant badly, would just like to know why)

WiinolikePS3

Especially in the case of Arcanine, who is completely overshadowed by Charizard at the moment ENTIRELY because Charizard got special treatment before Arcanine.

I understand this is being worked on, I'm just frustrated that my Arcanine is blatantly outclassed due to his lack of Thunder Fang, Crunch, and Flare Blitz.

maadoo

i agree that moves need to be worked on faster , some pokes are REALLY over used

mad30

Youngster
At the time 1 person was updating moves as only a few even have access. That only person (crenel) who was updating moves was extremely busy and still might be. Currently we are working on developing a system so other staff members will also be able to update moves as well.

More information might be found here: http://forum.pokemon-world-online.net/showthread.php?tid=4249

PhillyCheezsteak

ah ok, yeah that is painful if 1 person was updating their moves. Thank you for the reply everyone. When I read that swinub nor piloswine learns earthquake or ice fang I was surprised, but I understand why now. Hopefully the system will be stable soon, I really want swinub and piloswine to be fixed lol

crenel

Youngster
A while ago Jinji was also helping with this, but both of us have been swamped with outside obligations (and in my case, other obligations around the network -- I'm behind on a lot of things). Please be patient while we set up the new system, which would allow several other members of the staff to update these.

G

PhillyCheezsteak said:
......... I understand gen 4 moves are still being worked on so not learning ice shard at level 28 is understandable, but piloswine should learn the move ice fang at level 28.......

Nope, Ice Shard can be learned by Lapras Lv 10. So, I believe it is already programmed in the game. :(