Surfboard Price Reduction

Atum_Ramirez

Hi there. I saw that the surfboard has been reduced to 75k. I think that's great, because the surfboard is an obstacle for new players to enjoy the other region of PWO, and may be a turnoff for those new player to continue to play PWO after they beated 8 gyms.

But that's not what I want to talk about. The price is now 75k, but the command "/help surf boards" is still saying that the surboard costs 200k. This makes some confusion in the new players, because those who bought yesterday say it costs 75k, those who bought one week ago say it costs 100k, and those that type the command says it costs 200k. This really confuses those who want to know how much they will have to save to get the surfboard.

If the command stated the true value (75k) of the surfboard, the players would be less confused about the new change. It's a little fix that makes people less confused about an important item to any new player.

craveiro-3

That's true, the command should state the true value, but its not an urgent matter because, most of the new players don't know how to type that command, don't even know that exists, so...it's not important, but yeah, should be fixed :)

Atum_Ramirez

I know it is not important at all for gameplay. Still it is misleading for the people that use it, and is probably a quick fix, so that's why i posted

PS: always glad to see a fellow tuga in pwo ;)

HitmonFonty

Youngster
Game Moderator
It is not the only help listing that is out of date so not really a super simple fix.

Also how often is it used?

Is there something else we could do to increase its use and make it worthwhile doing an update on them all including adding in more helpful information?

Atum_Ramirez

It is probably not used by the people that need the information, as new players know few commands. But people that answer questions in the help channel sometimes teach new players these little commands (the most used is /help rods). Help commands could be introduced in starters island to new players. I think they have potential has they tell the exact information quickly and effortlessly, and also lowers the number of repetitive questions in the help channel about the same topics (where are rods, how to surf, where is pika, etc).

Other idea would be to obsolete the /help command, and make a direct link to PWO wiki in the PWO client (while playing). That way, new players could use and abuse PWO wiki for information, and there would be no problems with the "i'm too lazy to google" players or those who didnt knew PWO wiki existed.