Suggestions? Why yes!

Shiningamisgirl

Pokedex:
What is the purpose of the Pokedex? To fill with pokes of course! What is the incentive or reward though...
Sure there's pure drive, passion, and borderline obsession with some people. With the rest however; there is no incentive to go and catch, buy, obtain via trade, token store, in any way or sort, the Pokemon in the dex (and I'm not talking the nonexistent ones). No reward = No incentive, no purpose. True there is the little ball that shows up under names in forums..but as it was pointed out to me recently. Forums are not attended to by the general populace. Gerneral populace being anyone who just want's to 'beat' the game, and move on.

Surfboards Requirements:

Yeah...Just like you don't need one to get to a gym, shouldn't need one to get between regions, or should at least lower the price. As a gold sink item; it's a terrible one. One that has a much better replacement in trains, bikes, CC caves. As the only players spending money on it, are new ones. Older players (though there are some generous ones!) Aren't going to be very likely to part with 100k. Neither is anyone saving up for that special poke/train tickets/poke balls/escape ropes..etc..They're planning on spending it on. It may however work as a hindrance to people who are making multiple accounts (and newcomers), but once you can trade, you can trade, and the Surfboard is once again pointless.

I would suggest..since the Train Pass is already a quest..and you now have trains in Viridian,etc..How about making that the goal? It'll force players to do the train pass quest off the bat, and then allow them to go on into Viridian, which is the starting point of the Kanto journey for Johto'ers anyhow. (Not sure yet how that would translate for Kanto Starters..) They'll then have something to spend the 10k they receive from the Train pass quest on. Like train tickets. Then the Surfboard could really be a luxury item, and you could leave it 100k (if done that way). Otherwise..do away with it? It's just that trains seem like a faster easier fix since they're already there. They don't have to allow the player to go to other train stations (Silver town for beginners, Saffron,etc) until they've done x,y,z, gotten their Union Pass, whatever.

Token Store and 'Buying' Membership: Name changes needed!
This is a donation site. Non-Profit. I get that, but many people seem to have difficulty with the concept. I feel the reason, may be..The lingo. I've seen one too many stupid arguments over 'why is it named that? But you buy it? Blah blah..etc. Ech..I think most of this stuff has to do with the way things are worded in the playerdex. Not so much the wiki..Why does no one read the wiki!?

Instead of Buying/Purchasing Membership: Membership Gifting, Membership Bundling, Membership Package, Membership Trade In, Membership Exchange, Token-ship.Wan't to become a member? Use your gift tokens HERE ---->. Membersclusiveness!
Don't know..don't care, but the word BUY, has got to go. In my opinion. This is all optional of course, as I've never had problems with any of these particular things, but I'm tired of hearing about it.

In stead of Token Store: Token Exchange/Token Donation/Gift Exchange/ Pokemon Token Exchange/ Token Trade In Area/Gift Trade. Token Toys! - Anything that does not reference to 'purchasing,buying,spending money towards something in a way that can be confused with a For profit organization, vs non profit.' Especially since, with a persons 'donation' They are already obtaining tokens in the amount of whatever they donated. To then use these gifted tokens to 'buy' anything, is confusing, and might make the consumer think 'but didn't I just spend money on this!? Whai I buy again, me no get!'

Also, in the token store gift donating area, where you use the paypal with the playerdex..I would make it abundantly clear, that one should make sure of 'whom' they are donating to, before they donate anything. It should also be made even more clear that once you donate to yourself, those donations are yours, and can not be donated over to someone else. I know you guys go over all of this in the wiki, but people don't read the wiki. They will however be reading the playerdex in their faces, right before donating. Heck, put it in HUGE RED LETTERS, even. "BE AWARE THAT ONCE YOU DONATE YOU CANNOT UN-DONATE/TRADE TO ANOTHER PLAYER. DONATIONS MUST BE MADE TO THE ACCOUNT YOU WISH TO SEE RECEIVE THE TOKENS. IF YOU ARE TRADING TOKENS TO XXXX DO NOT GIFT THEM TO YOURSELF!" Something like that. -shrugs-

TM's:
Yes, more, please, love all! Heck make em all quests, give em out at random, put em in stores! Don't care, want more! Thank you so much by the way. Also: Elec, Fire, Ground. -nods- Consideration? Muchos Gracias!

That's it, the rest is fine, amazing. Omg you got rid of neg exp for us? What more could I ask for!!! You pulled a Mewtwo with the move changes/fixing though. It's all gone horribly right! You went to create something powerful...and succeeded. Not that I can complain, I just need to learn to use the darn things. Do you have the power to make switching seem less taboo? Lol!!
Maybe not, but you do have the power to break the boosting streaks..with TM's. Genius!

Shiningamisgirl

Ooh oh oh! Oneee moar thing! In regards to the Token Exchange matter...

The Pokemon in the store? Maybe..less of them, not more. I'll be more than happy to get into specifics, just from a consumers/donators point of view. If it's desired -shrugs- Really it boils down to the idea that pokemon that are in the game, that are super numerous in game, should not also be represented in the Token area..EXCEPT: For Starter pokemon. This idea should especially extend to any event pokemon.

Also, adding items? Ancient tablet? Etc...

So..yeah, remove useless pokes, add needed items. Reapers Cloth, Ancient Tablet, Tm's that are no longer available (Shadow ball even!) Heck, make em uber, super duper woober expensive! Put em in a 60 day membership pack! Whatever! Just make em available.

I understand event pokes being a one time thing. Umbreons, Glalies, Snovers? Lol! The evolutionary items though, for currently in game Pokemon. Especially since they're numerous! Like mice in an alley! Swinubs, Duskulls. Should be available.

-rolls off- That's all! LUv to ya all!

mhanth4f

Oh! Thats amazing! Im absolutely agree with all of it any of it.

Shiningamisgirl said:
-rolls off- That's all! LUv to ya all!

Luv to you too ;D

SpartacusBrah

Why not raise the cost of the surf board? I think there needs to be more "sink whole items". The train is a very good idea you could even lower the cost and take away the month pass.

We need more money circulation.

Having the TM's and More PokeBalls would help too!

ATM to get money new players might as well wish to find a shiny and it better not be a common one.

The pokedex idea is great, but i think it should be you just have to see them not catch/ obtain. Also needs to exclude legendarys and pay to win pokemon such as Slaking.

And the only thing I have to say about the token store, maybe add some of the less usefull pokemon into the wild.

Shiningamisgirl

I can agree with all of that! Except for some of it. Lol! See they can only raise the price of a surf board, if it's not a necessary item to cross between regions. A new player shouldn't have to come up with 100k, not now that they already have trains in place, and a quest involving trains (said quest was around before they even had working train systems). Then they could make it like the bike 500k per item. For the moment they are making sink hole items, and TM's. Like the Outrage TM Tutor, 25k to teach an Arcanine Outrage.

I'm pretty sure they are making more Tm's. That will be awesome when they finish! -like they added the Dragon Claw TM to Dragons Club, 2k.Woo! Dragon Killers!-

They could consider adding more Pokeballs /Pokeballs with higher catch rates, so a person could spend more, throw less, etc. Sink holes are good, but only if they work on the intended party. So you gotta make something the wealthy would want, that the poorer players wouldn't care about. Like the Bike item, or CC cave -400k + dragon scale entry fee- Or Diglet caves.

SpartacusBrah said:
Why not raise the cost of the surf board? I think there needs to be more "sink whole items". The train is a very good idea you could even lower the cost and take away the month pass.
Having the TM's and More PokeBalls would help too!
And the only thing I have to say about the token store, maybe add some of the less usefull pokemon into the wild.

SpartacusBrah

Once you get the 8 gym badges (witch is doable without the surfboard i think) cant you buy a train ticket to Cherrygrove?

Orean

Website
twitter.com
SpartacusBrah said:
Once you get the 8 gym badges (witch is doable without the surfboard i think) cant you buy a train ticket to Cherrygrove?

Not entirely true; there is a first-badge check for that area, requiring that you obtain at least 1 badge in either region before you can ride the train to any of the region's transportation points. For Johto, you must obtain the Zephyr Badge, in Violet City, before having access to the Cherrygrove CIty stop, for example.

Shiningamisgirl

As Creobis said. Let's not forget that even if you could get to every train station, you still cant just start randomly fighting gym leaders! You have to work your way through them. Yanno, start with Brock, end with Blue, or from the other side. Start with Falkner, end with Clair.

Also, gym lvls do change. By time you're at your 16th badge, the pokemon you're facing are generally 70-90. The Mt. Silver NPCs also have high lvl Pokemon, for after you've beaten all the gyms.